Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. If I got home at 2AM, I would wait until the next day to lug my suitcase upstairs. I'd want to just slip quietly into bed. If she had medication it could have been in a smaller carry on, like they suggest you do with medications.
That may be the case with some people, but she seemed to be extremely active and went to bed at that hour regularly. Regardless, she would not have left her phone downstairs. Unless she was sleeping downstairs?

Good morning!

The most stunning thing to me about this entire ordeal is how sloppy CW was on his crime cover-up. As some of you have said, it seems that he wasn't expecting NU to care so much for her friend that she would come looking for her so early the next day.

BBM. This is another thing that trips these guys up. They are so self centered that all they know is what they feel. their victims mean nothing to them. They can't comprehend or foresee that others do and will go to all lengths to find their victims. They slip up on crime scene details and really believe people will buy the ridiculous stories.

Re baby monitors. We have two Arlo and Nest. Both record. They both detect motion and alert and record with any movement. They are blue light at night. Also I can pull the recording up anytime the next few days. I don’t remember as we moved and haven’t set them up, but I believe I can save the recordings too.

Thank you for the info! I don't think he would have gotten rid of the bodies if there was evidence / recording showing SW killing their daughters. Right?

Her friend called the cops to come over without giving CW a slither of a chance to get home by lunch and stage the scene.

He was probably mentally cussing her friend out his entire ride back home. :)

I'm sure the family is thanking higher powers for Nicole following up so quickly and having police there when he reinterred the house

In regards to him being fired it was said that he was given a drug test at work and it came up positive for cocaine. That that is the reason he was fired. It’s also said Nicole claimed he wanted nothing to do with the media at first but was talked into doing the interview.

Really???? I did not see that.

Now I wish I would have saved everything I have read. I swear I read somewhere that CW was fired the Thursday BEFORE the murders. I know I read this before he was arrested. That's all I can remember. That to me, sent up a red flag or him "snapping". Anyone else remember seeing it reading this?

Was he fired before or after the murders? Apologies if I missed it. If before, how was he able to access the oil tanks? That’s a major lapse in security.

from what i can glean from a search, he was fired midweek during the event. Google Shanann Watts Anadarko and the reference should come up...they def fired him after the events started. Anadarko is quoted directly.

Now I wish I would have saved everything I have read. I swear I read somewhere that CW was fired the Thursday BEFORE the murders. I know I read this before he was arrested. That's all I can remember. That to me, sent up a red flag or him "snapping". Anyone else remember seeing it reading this?

no, he was fired during the event. you can dredge it up with a Shanann Watts Anadarko search

No I read over and over that he was fired on Wednesday and never anything about a drug test.

After reading the shocking affidavit yesterday, I have to admit that I, too, was fooled by CW.
I did not think he was innocent; in fact, I thought he was guilty upon viewing his first interview.
But, there was something seemingly weak about him that led me to surmise that he had committed this heinous crime in the heat of the moment out of a twisted desire to keep his family together. I thought SW was the one who had gained financial independence and the confidence to leave the relationship.
Now knowing what we know from the affidavit, it makes me not only realize that I was wrong, but that CW is a worse monster than I ever imagined, because this crime was definitely premeditated and committed with the intent to make his family disappear.
1. I think CW attacked his wife and children while they were sleeping, or at least in bed. That's why he stripped the sheets (per affidavit).
2. Because of the short time frame (Shannon arrived home at almost 2 AM and we know he was loading up his truck around 5 AM, so an approximate 3-hour time frame per affidavit), I think CW killed his children 1st. They may have been in their beds when SW finally got home. My interpretation from the affidavit is that he put all 3 bodies into the backseat of his truck at once, and drove out to the oil field to dispose of them.
3. Also, as I've stated before, with SW being 3 hours late, why would CW proceed with the murders at that point if he didn't "have" to? Why not do it another night when he'd have more time to clean up/set the scene/dispose of the bodies? I believe he'd started by killing the girls and had to finish the crime by attacking his wife.
4. I hate to even talk about this, but frankly, strangulation is not a quick or easy death. I'm actually a bit surprised that he didn't smother them instead, because he could cover their sweet, innocent faces with a pillow and not be looking at his babies as he literally choked the life out of them. That right there is seriously disturbing. Add to that the fact that CW didn't do it just 1x, but was able to do it over and over 3x!! Think about that! And then to dispose of their bodies that way...
(From Wikipedia: "In cases of airway compression, manual strangling leads to the frightening sensation of air hunger and may induce violent struggling.")

In regards to him being fired it was said that he was given a drug test at work and it came up positive for cocaine. That that is the reason he was fired. It’s also said Nicole claimed he wanted nothing to do with the media at first but was talked into doing the interview.
I hadn't heard about the cocaine or drug test.

I think she might be. There's one on there who has no social media presence that I can find, but I did find on a alumni website and people search website that she is 30 with an oil/gas related degree.
I agree. I think she's there. Look towards the end of the witness list for a person with no address. Has a work history in the oil industry, college degree in geology.

Can you link the source of where this was said? Please & thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth