Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple friends who don't have any social media of any sort (Twitter, FB, Insta, Snapchat, etc). Sure, they're few and far between, but they're out there.

And I've had friends date a person and do zero sleuthing on SM about the person they're dating.

This is not as far-fetched as people think it is. Some people just don't do that.

And half the time they come to me after the fact (red flags going up, etc) to sleuth who it is they're dating, because I'm pretty good at it. lol

I know men who have pretty blank (work/sports only) social media profiles and leave the family stuff to their wives. If you only knew them from work, you might never know if they were married or not. I once had a colleague that we all thought was single based on how he acted and his Twitter account, and we found out one day that he was not only married but his wife was 9 months pregnant. And he was out at a bar hitting on women! :rolleyes: I felt naive, I didn't realize how prevalent that sort of behavior was.

I have a couple friends who don't have any social media of any sort (Twitter, FB, Insta, Snapchat, etc). Sure, they're few and far between, but they're out there.

And I've had friends date a person and do zero sleuthing on SM about the person they're dating.

This is not as far-fetched as people think it is. Some people just don't do that.

And half the time they come to me after the fact (red flags going up, etc) to sleuth who it is they're dating, because I'm pretty good at it. lol

The point is that CW did use social media and information that he had a wife and children was easily available.

CW appears to be a bumbling idiot. Everything out of his mouth has been one lie after another. At one point, he claimed to have noticed the girls on the baby monitor asleep as he left for work. He's desperate to save himself and will say anything. It has all been downhill though for him since he gave his smiling television interviews. There's quite a bit of difference in CW's demeanor and that of SW's father in his emotional statement to the press on Monday, August 21.

I guess if "sleeping" means "dead" he could be telling the truth...about last seeing them on the monitor. Strangled. By his own hands.

#*^%+ 0f $&8!

I know we need to stay away from sleuthing the mistress so I won't go there, I promise.

I'm curious about how long the affair was going on. If it had been going on awhile and things were getting more serious that may explain why this happened now. He began to view a future with her as a real possibility and Shannan and the kids were a roadblock to that.

I'm also curious as to what he has told her because that's going to be very telling. Did he tell her he had a wife and children but was unhappy in his marriage? Or did she had no idea and think he was a single bachelor? The reason this is relevant, IMO, is because if she didn't know he had a wife and kids and their relationship was beginning to become a lot more serious he needed to end that part of his life ASAP before she found out. Or, was he worried Shannan knew or was starting to find out who she was/that the affair was going on and would go blow his cover?

If you think about it, he had just had six weeks of freedom while his wife and kids were in NC. So he had a taste of what it might be like without them. Maybe he thought about life without them TOO much, and it turned into premeditation.

<modsnip: do not sleuth the mistress>

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't read all the posts. Been on another case for the most part but this case has grabbed my attention. Shannan and the girls had been away from her husband visiting family for many weeks right? Then she came home and left again for a business trip, leaving the dad to take care of the girls. How does this equate to a healthy marriage?

I know men who have pretty blank (work/sports only) social media profiles and leave the family stuff to their wives. If you only knew them from work, you might never know if they were married or not. I once had a colleague that we all thought was single based on how he acted and his Twitter account, and we found out one day that he was not only married but his wife was 9 months pregnant. And he was out at a bar hitting on women! :rolleyes: I felt naive, I didn't realize how prevalent that sort of behavior was.
I have worked in a field that is 97% men. For 25+ yrs. Sometimes 10/12 yrs a day 6 days a week. Sometimes I wish I could go back and erase everything I know. I wish I didn't know what all my married friends dont.

If you think about it, he had just had six weeks of freedom while his wife and kids were in NC. So he had a taste of what it might be like without them. Maybe he thought about life without them TOO much, and it turned into premeditation.

Do we know who the mistress is yet? I read a slight rumor online about her being a coworker, but if true the mistress was also married, so.... not sure what’s going on with all that. Kind of surprised it hasn’t been made public yet. Wasn’t Scott Peterson’s mistress made public fairly quickly? I don’t remember now.

Her being a coworker is not a rumor, it was confirmed by LE in the affidavit.

I suspect her name will come out shortly, especially with the publicity this case has received.

You sit where ever you choose, first come first served so to speak. People generally will sit behind wherever their family member is at, but not always. I've seen family sit in the back also.

And he gets coffee in jail, that's the preferred drink of inmates. I am familiar with the jail, it's pretty nice for a jail. I'm in the recovery field and I see zero evidence of heroin use in him. Also, just as an fyi, they do not detox you with drugs in jail here, you go cold turkey. That would be even more obvious in court if that was the case.

u
Only if you are in the gallery. You do not sit as you choose in the bench with the defense team.

Haven't read all the posts. Been on another case for the most part but this case has grabbed my attention. Shannan and the girls had been away from her husband visiting family for many weeks right? Then she came home and left again for a business trip, leaving the dad to take care of the girls. How does this equate to a healthy marriage?

Maybe she wasn't a good person, but the way he offed the kids was unbelievable. He didn't even bury them properly. That tells me he resented the children SO MUCH, probably because they cut into his time with his new GF and forced him to stick around with a wife that he didn't want to be with. He actually buried her, so he hated the kids more than he hated his wife.

I think the six weeks away from home was BECAUSE the marriage already wasn’t healthy. I think some marital problems were reported.

If he watched his wife in the process of strangling his child, then killed her, his next move should have been to try to recusitate his child. There would have been a frantic 911 call that included instructions about life saving measures he could take to save that child's life.

Excellent excellent point and one the prosecutors will drill down heavily

Why not CPR? Why not 911? Why was he not focused on THEIR lives

His expanation is impossibly shallow and not supported by evidence

"Tests were conducted on Benoit's brain by Julian Bailes, the head of neurosurgery at West Virginia University and results showed that Benoit's brain was so severely damaged it resembled the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient."

I think this, to me, is what makes the C. Benoit case different. I wonder if their would have been a C. Benoit case without the brain damage. I don't have the same level of sympathy for the defendant in this case. JMO.

IIR, Scott Peterson's mistress made herself public. BUT that was after she contacted LE, and recorded phone calls with him for them. She was pretty revolted when the story hit the news and she realized what he'd done.

Ohhh you’re right, I remember now.

She wanted to remove herself as much as possible from the case, I think.

IIR, Scott Peterson's mistress made herself public. BUT that was after she contacted LE, and recorded phone calls with him for them. She was pretty revolted when the story hit the news and she realized what he'd done.

Listening to those calls was surreal.

I hope LE did the same with CWs mistress before he was arrested. Reading the affidavit they knew who she was almost immediately but he denied for two days before finally admitting he was having an affair.

His friends also said he was on his phone almost the entire time he was with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova