Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we assuming murderers are smart? If murderers were all smart, we wouldn't have prisons full of them.

My ex-friend who was very much a narcissist wasn't going to be joining Mensa at any point in his lifetime... yet, he fooled and charmed people all of the time. The only reason I quickly saw him for what he was was from the fact I'd already been victimized by a narcissist before I met him. I knew the red flags and signs.

Sorry for quoting my own post:

Simply, who would be so ignorant with the forensic information available at their fingertips ... who would leave a sheet that matches your set at home? One of which is in your trash can at home unless it was 'meant' to be found with the DNA evidence you want to be on it?
Isn't that Forensics 101?

Who? Seriously could be that unintelligent? Unless it's part of his blaming Shanann ...

Someone who had bodies to dispose of and still get to work on time. Who never expected SW friend to come by before he had time to finish cleaning up after work. JMO

Sorry for quoting my own post:

Simply, who would be so ignorant with the forensic information available at their fingertips ... who would leave a sheet that matches your set at home? One of which is in your trash can at home unless it was 'meant' to be found with the DNA evidence you want to be on it?
Isn't that Forensics 101?

Who? Seriously could be that unintelligent? Unless it's part of his blaming Shanann ...

forgot this bit Talisman ( screenshot detail)

That he left the bed sheet out in the field is another reason @MrsWatson would say he'd never have been eligible for Harvard.
( And what happened to that amazing photographic memory his old teacher spoke about? CW can't even remember to pick up the sheet before he drives away from the oil tanks. )

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 18.34.26.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 18.34.26.png
    82 KB · Views: 45
Guessing that he assumed he would have time, once he got home in the evening to do a full clear up
Friend Nickole put paid to that.

Must have been in a hurry to get out early ( 5.15 am next morning. denver7 interview, he says that he went to work "earlier" that morning, now we know why.)

Thank you so much for the reply. Really appreciate it.

Just can't wrap my head around CW leaving a sheet at that area. ???

I'll leave the posting to you guys ... been a member for years and you all still impress me. Don't like to single anyone poster out (too many experts & knowledgeable posters here) But, gitana1, you're so appreciated!!

Just prayers & thoughts for Shanann's family. May they help carry you through.

It may not, physically, have been an option to put her in the tanks. She was much bigger than the children.
Look at the video from the helicopter circling the site. The steps to the top were very long and steep. After already carrying the childrens' bodies, hers would be been really hard to carry physically, and with his weight of 225 lbs and hers of maybe 120, that would have been a combined weight of 345 lbs going against gravity.

I'm bewildered as to why he buried his wife instead of putting her into the oil tanks with the kids. Did he mean to separate her from her kids? Or did he give her a burial because he was subconsciously still fearful of her overbearing personality? I think all "calm" people can snap because they bury their feelings. Of course fiery people can snap just as easily but for different reasons.

maybe he didn't realize how long digging graves takes.

Haven't had time to read since yesterday, so I apologize if this is a redundant question:

How did the friend know SW missed her appt? Was the 'playdate' scheduled to be with the friend that contacted CW? I'm just trying to insert myself/my friends in the situation to understand what sparked alarm in her friend so immediately. If my friends didn't hear from me, they may contact my husband, but if he assured them I was okay and/or busy, they wouldn't think twice about it.

We don't know exactly how NU/NA knew that SW missed her appointment. I'm assuming she was either going to go with her to watch the girls or watch the girls at the house while SW went. I do know from the affidavit as well as NU/NA's interview that the reason she quickly became concerned was not because she initially suspected anything involving CW, but SW had not been feeling well in AZ during their business trip, and had an episode of low blood sugar during that time. I'm inferring that she was worried SW had passed out inside the house with the girls there, especially since she wasn't answering her phone and she could see that her car was there.

Thank you so much for the reply. Really appreciate it.

Just can't wrap my head around CW leaving a sheet at that area. ???

I'll leave the posting to you guys ... been a member for years and you all still impress me. Don't like to single anyone poster out (too many experts & knowledgeable posters here) But, gitana1, you're so appreciated!!

Just prayers & thoughts for Shanann's family. May they help carry you through.

No, keep posting Talisman - don't lurk.

I’m wondering why the master bedroom sheets were stripped and on the floor. And LE checked them for signs of foul play but found none. So why were the sheets stripped?

Then, more sheets and pillowcases (matching the sheet found where bodies were located) were found in kitchen trash can. I assume one sheet was used to wrap the bodies in, but why throw the others away? And Nickole said the girls’ beds weren’t made so these must be separate sheets.

What’s up with the sheets? Any ideas?
My best guess is he used one sheet to dispose of body(ies) that he knew was going to be left in the oil field so he planned to throw out the matching sheets, thankfully SW's friend foiled his plans so they knew the sheet found by drone matches sheets in the Watts house.

MOO

Who even mentions selling their house when they fear their family has been abducted and has been missing for less than 48 hours?

A normal person desperately hopes their loving wife and children will return to that home they all live in.

This is another Freudian slip.

He's gotten rid of the family. Now he's let it slip he's thinking about getting rid of the house, too..... It's just part of his whole disordered thinking about freeing himself.

Exactly. Even in his interview, he trying to garner sympathy for himself saying how alone he felt and how he was staying with neighbors because he couldn't bear being alone there at night.

Check out the home I found in Erie
Realtor.com shows their house had appreciated $178K since they bought it. I'll bet he was eager to sell and use that equity to start his new unencumbered life. He also wouldn't have wanted to be around the neighbors with most of them suspecting him even if they had remained missing.

Property Data Search
Their property tax was $5,468. Does anyone know if they were behind on their taxes as well?

Good for you on getting out! My thoughts are that this guy is a psychopath and he may never have been physically abusive, until he killed his wife and children. I definitely think he was covertly abusive and this likely involved financial abuse and possibly even serial infidelity and who knows what else. They usually have some sort of secret life that those around them have no clue about.

I think that throughout their marriage, SW may have gotten little glimpses into his real character, and things weren't always adding up with him, but she really loved him and wanted to believe he was the great guy she thought she married. I don't think he was ever that great guy, but only pretended to be, in order to suck her in.

A psychopath is anti-social personality disorder plus meeting certain criteria on the Hare Psychopathy checklist. These folks project a mask of sanity to those around them and they are very, very hard to spot. Interestingly, Dr. Robert Hare, who developed the checklist also authored a book entitled "The Mask of Sanity". Very often, they are not diagnosed until they are in the criminal justice system.

Just my thoughts. I'm not a professional, but I do have personal experience. These people are the great destroyers. They target kind, trusting and empathetic people as their victims and they feel incredible contempt towards their victims for the very good, human qualities that they possess.
I was thinking about this mask idea, all those photos of him smiling, with his happy family photos on her social media. Not all husbands would agree to pose with matching micky mouse hats for photos on fb. Serious, introverted guys, perfectly legit businessmen, or even police officers, might feel that's just not their thing, "no thanks honey".

So possibly he really enjoyed putting on a mask and playing a part, like people do at Hallow'een, particularly when it got him what he wanted: initially, Shanann, a big house, then maybe becoming rich with this Thrive thing.

But then possibly he changed his mind. Met a woman he wanted, decided Thrive was a scam, so just didn't want to play that part anymore. And that's all it ever was to him, a part. But he quite enjoyed the idea of playing the part of a husband who's wife and children have disappeared, and having this secret of what he really did. Fooling everyone, and getting what he now wanted, to be free of the burden of his family.

maybe he didn't realize how long digging graves takes.
Has it been said Exactly what his position was with the company? Because that might determine which kind of worksite he was supposed to be reporting to.

CW was a field operator for Anadarko. You can go to their website and read the job description. Basically, he was responsible for maintenance of the field equipment. So he drove to different oil fields and worked as a mechanic, more or less.
Interesting because his alleged mistress is quite educated and has a higher level position than he.

I’m sure this has been posted already, but going back to the video interview, it seems even more obvious now (BBM):

5:55 – 6:01 – “But it’s, sigh, I just want them back (smiles and laughs) I just want them to come back.

6:02 – 6:14 – And if, if they’re not safe right now, that’s what’s tearing me apart, because if they are safe, they’re coming back, but if they’re not, this, this, this has got to stop, like this, somebody has to come forward.”

I know a number of posters have assumed that he wanted to get rid of his family as they were interfering with his new relationship, but I think he couldn’t bear the idea of Shannan leaving him and taking the kids, so he killed them all. “If I can’t have them, nor can you”. Final act of control/punishment was to take away the things most precious to her. JIMO

This was my initial thought as well after watching his interview, but after hearing what her good friend NU/NA had to say about SW's mindset at the time and learning about the mistress and financial issues, I started to lean towards him wanting to disappear....and start again.

Good point!
For locals or those knowledgeable of the area - I am assuming the ground is very dry there but IDK( I hardly saw any trees in the flyover footage)
Has the weather also been drier so harder to dig deeper?

To answer your question, yes digging is difficult. I'm extremely strong (I box and lift weights more than most fit men can lift) 6-7 days a week. I wouldn't be able to dig a grave in a short amount of time here. The soil takes some work. Out in the fields I can't see it being an easy job by any means. We have rain almost daily in the afternoons, but I don't think that would help a lot. Colorado, or this area, usually has afternoon thunderstorms frequently in summer time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe