Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked the affidavit, and it’s in there. It does state they found no signs of foul play on the sheets, but I’m not sure what that means.

I took that to mean there was nothing evident to the naked eye when investigators looked at the sheets that had been stripped off the bed & were on the master bedroom floor. I don’t believe that referred to the sheet found at the oil field, which seems would be the fitted sheet?? I don’t think they’ve released any info regarding evidence found. Correct me if I’m wrong!!

:p Ur probably right.

I'm waiting for someone to solve why the SW cell is up in the loft area instead of the master. I think the new posters should have a crack at that puzzle. :cool:

Maybe Shanann had been sitting or laying on the couch. According to the warrant, the bed had been stripped (and bedding was laying on the floor). LE checked bedding, found no signs of foul play. If the bed was not made when she got home and she just wanted to lay down, it would make sense to lay on the couch --- which was just off the main bedroom (between two bedrooms)

I'm not bothered (yet) by the phone being between the cusions as my DH is always losing our remote that way.

ETA, ALSO IN THE WARRANT, last page:
Using a drone, they were able to see a bed sheet near the tank "battery", which matched pillow cases and a sheet found in a kitchen trash can at the residence,

That would have ran the in debt couple about 1k out of pocket as she doesn't fit the qualifications IMO. Usually that's only covered by insurance for people over the age of 35, or where some chromosomal abnormalities are indicated by the birth of a previous child....or the last one may be possible, her first ultra sound was abnormal. I cannot see why a family struggling so hard would opt to drop money on this test when you can wait a few more weeks. What was the rush?

Shanann was 34 years old. I don't recall her birthday, but if she was turning 35 before the due date of the baby, she would be considered high risk due to "advanced maternal age". I know this because I turn 35 literally 2 weeks before my due date. My NIPT was covered by insurance. I have heard of insurances covering the testing in women younger than me (but still in their 30's).

Also, factor in her diagnosis of Lupus, and she definitely fit the high-risk criteria for prenatal genetic screening.

Quick though & requiring very little actual pressure due to the block of bloodflow to main arteries - hypoxia vs anoxia options according to this US site. ( I already posted them so already had them)
Very interesting can cause miscarriage! Betcha the sheets had to be thrown away!

Hi everyone, haven’t been on WS in a minute.
I don’t think it was premeditated. Everything that follows is my opinion and pure speculation. My thoughts:
CW begins affair with coworker.
While SW is in NC with the kids, CW and gf stay the night together.
Intuition tells SW that something is wrong. Maybe she called home and he wasn’t there. Maybe when she called to say goodnight his voice was different. This is when she begins to suspect an affair.
Maybe SW did some investigating. Maybe they argued about his Facebook page. Maybe location tags didn’t match up. Maybe he was liking posts on someone’s page. Maybe in their arguing, he tells SW “You’re crazy, I’m not cheating, and to show you how little I care about Facebook, I’ll just delete my account” Because maybe he knew SW had only scratched the surface of what could be uncovered.
He deletes his account.
SW and the girls return from NC.
Now SW is paying closer attention. She tells friends her suspicions.
While she is on her work trip, something happens where she has pretty much convinced herself that he IS cheating. Because up until then she probably didn’t want to believe it. Maybe she catches him in a lie. Maybe she sees some incriminating phone records or something to that effect. This is when she starts to feel sick.
She walks into the house after her flight and immediately confronts CW. They fight.
SW says something that infuriates CW and he strangles her. The girls see. He strangles the girls.
He brings the deceased to his job because the best he could come up with is to hide them all in the oil tanks. SW doesn’t fit in the opening. Plan B: bury her.
I think he thought he’d have at least 24 hours to either stage a crime scene or make it look like she ran off. THANK GOD FOR NUA! I’m thinking by leaving her phone at home he was going to say she was home that day and he tucked everyone into bed Monday night and she didn’t go missing until Tuesday.
CW doesn’t know what LE knows so he says he knows nothing. He says when he asked for a separation they were both upset and crying because he doesn’t know if the neighbors heard. He denies the affair. LE has not given him any indication that he is a suspect. They ask him in for an interview and ask his story. Then they drop on him “why did you back your truck up to the garage” “why did you go to work so early” “we found a bedsheet of yours at your job” “the drone picked up images of some freshly moved earth that we’re about to go dig up” “we know you’re having an affair because xyz” etc. CW knows this is bad for him. He asks to speak to dad. He has come up with this story and wants to try it out on his father before he tells the cops, like a dress rehearsal. He tells his dad his story. He feels like he was convincing enough to go ahead and tell LE.

You just brought up a point I had never even considered that prompted me to post for the very first time. Do we know that the girls shared a room? In a 5 bedroom house (or 4? I can’t remember) that seems absurd. We have a similar monitor so, if the girls did NOT share a room, he would have had to wait for the video display to cycle between the 2 rooms to have been able to see one girl laying on the bed “blue” and her in the other room. Unless theirs shows multiple rooms at once. Either way, ridiculously absurd (IMO)
And you bring up a great point too about the cycling between cameras. We have one monitor, two cameras on two different floors, but we only have one child (one monitor in bedroom, one in his playroom).
From visuals, I assumed the two girls shared a bedroom just because of their ages probably, but didn’t give that much thought. I’m not sure we know shared or separate as a confirmed fact. Interesting though and worth another SM photos look see.
About a decade ago, I built a home with five bedrooms, but purely for resale value. I sold a year later for a nice profit but I would’ve anyway.... 5 bedrooms is way too much upkeep.
So let’s think:
1 MBR
1 office (shared)
1 guest BR for out of town family
Still at 1-2 rooms for the girls. Or 1 shared and 1 nursery. Yea, I’m not sure, just rambling. If me, I’d have had the girls share given their close ages.

I don’t think it was premeditated. Everything that follows is my opinion and pure speculation. My thoughts:
Intuition tells SW that something is wrong. Maybe she called home and he wasn’t there. Maybe when she called to say goodnight his voice was different. This is when she begins to suspect an affair.
Maybe SW did some investigating. Maybe they argued about his Facebook page. Maybe location tags didn’t match up. Maybe he was liking posts on someone’s page. Maybe in their arguing, he tells SW “You’re crazy, I’m not cheating, and to show you how little I care about Facebook, I’ll just delete my account” Because maybe he knew SW had only scratched the surface of what could be uncovered.
He deletes his account.
While she is on her work trip, something happens where she has pretty much convinced herself that he IS cheating. Because up until then she probably didn’t want to believe it. Maybe she catches him in a lie. Maybe she sees some incriminating phone records or something to that effect. This is when she starts to feel sick.
She walks into the house after her flight and immediately confronts CW. They fight.
SW says something that infuriates CW and he strangles her. The girls see. He strangles the girls.
He brings the deceased to his job because the best he could come up with is to hide them all in the oil tanks. SW doesn’t fit in the opening. Plan B: bury her.
I think he thought he’d have at least 24 hours to either stage a crime scene or make it look like she ran off. THANK GOD FOR NUA! I’m thinking by leaving her phone at home he was going to say she was home that day and he tucked everyone into bed Monday night and she didn’t go missing until Tuesday.
CW doesn’t know what LE knows so he says he knows nothing. He says when he asked for a separation they were both upset and crying because he doesn’t know if the neighbors heard. He denies the affair. LE has not given him any indication that he is a suspect. They ask him in for an interview and ask his story. Then they drop on him “why did you back your truck up to the garage” “why did you go to work so early” “we found a bedsheet of yours at your job” “the drone picked up images of some freshly moved earth that we’re about to go dig up” “we know you’re having an affair because xyz” etc. CW knows this is bad for him. He asks to speak to dad. He has come up with this story and wants to try it out on his father before he tells the cops, like a dress rehearsal. He tells his dad his story. He feels like he was convincing enough to go ahead and tell LE.
According to friends of her Mom who spent time with her while she was home in NC for visit ... they were separating. Maybe it was for another reason - not catching him with gf? But they intended to separate before she went back home - per people in this video.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wr...ife-of-slain-nc-native-/17774026/?version=amp
NA and the Thayers both said SW expressed concern that CW was cheating... so she was definitely expressing her thoughts long before she even went to NC - unless she saw Thayers in the few days she was home before he murdered her???
I still believe it was premeditated - I didn’t at first but the location of the burial/submerging made me believe he planned it. MOO

I took that to mean there was nothing evident to the naked eye when investigators looked at the sheets that had been stripped off the bed & were on the master bedroom floor. I don’t believe that referred to the sheet found at the oil field, which seems would be the fitted sheet?? I don’t think they’ve released any info regarding evidence found. Correct me if I’m wrong!!

I don’t know. I can’t correct you, but I think you’re right about the sheet found in the oil yard. I’m pretty sure when people get strangled they foam at the mouth. I think dried foam would be visible on a sheet, but I’m not sure.

Re BBM
Im behind but totally agree with the part I bolded.

I think the friend is lucky to be alive. If he had gotten there when she was still at the front door and if LE had not already been called then I think he would have killed her too and try to make it look like she killed everyone.

This guy was out of control at the point she called him

I had the same thoughts. That he would kill all 4 of them, and accuse the friend of slaughtering his family because she was in love with SW, and was rejected by her, kind of like that...but he came home and killed the friend when he caught her killing his beloved family..

Having an affair doesn’t always mean you really care for the person. It could have just been something on the side. I don’t think we can assume that is the reason for separation. With his buff bod a lot of women were probably coming on to him. I think we all know that some women just want the sex and don’t care if a man is married or not. I have known women who preferred dating married men because they didn’t want someone around all the time. I am looking forward to hearing more about the affair.

He deletes his account.

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned. What if CW did have the mistress over, while SW was in AZ and the girls saw her. As he told them shh don't tell mom about this friend she is our secret. Of course little kids are excited to share anything with mom while she's away. They talk about daddies new friend thus confirming SW suspicions confronting CW immediately on the phone once the girls hand it back and creating rage directed at the girls by CW, it's all falling apart now because of them ... again as we all know, nothing justifies how these children and SW passed. Anyway just another What if...

Maybe he hid her phone so it wouldn’t be within reach (say, on her nightstand) as he attacked her in bed asleep. He seems like he’d take the cowardly way about his murders.
Quite possible too. Tales from nightstand, goes to middle loft area and just tosses, crawls back into bed. Gah, too close to trying to imagine this so backing up a bit.

Strangling anyone, let alone your own family members, let alone very small children is such a horrific and inhumane act that I have to believe he wanted to just kill all of them.

Meaning, he did not kill his kids because they saw him kill their mother, and he did not kill Shannan because she came home and found the girls dead.

I believe he wanted to be rid of his family and so he strangled all of them.
Freedom agree jmoo

Having an affair doesn’t always mean you really care for the person. It could have just been something on the side. I don’t think we can assume that is the reason for separation. With his buff bod a lot of women were probably coming on to him. I think we all know that some women just want the sex and don’t care if a man is married or not. I have known women who preferred dating married men because they didn’t want someone around all the time. I am looking forward to hearing more about the affair.

Women preferring to date married men is a first, wow. Never heard that before.

I agree though, very curious to hear about the mistress and when they started, if she knew he was married to a pregnant woman with kids, etc. Im honestly surprised the media hasn't gotten to her name yet with all the publicity this case is getting.

If SW was sleeping on the couch that could explain why her phone was behind the cushion.
If your theory is correct, SW would have likely looked in on the girls whether in their rooms or the master bedroom so they would have been alive at that point. I can't imagine SW returning home from trip and not peeking in on the girls.

Right. Which is why I dont think its possible he let her fall asleep first. The first thing she would have wanted to do is see the kids and check on them and I would guess kiss them.

And he didnt have time to wait for her to fall asleep with the short window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles