Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Watts Reaches Plea Deal In Murder Case To Avoid Death Penalty
GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) – Chris Watts and his attorney’s have reached a plea deal in highly-watched murder case out of Frederick. Watts is accused of killing his wife, Shanann, and his two young daughters, Bella and Celeste.

Shanann was pregnant with their third child, a boy.

Details of the plea deal have not been released.

20181015__16TCAwattsw~1_300.jpg

Watts, 33, pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree murder after deliberation and two counts of first-degree murder of a victim under the age of 12 in a position of trust for in the deaths of his wife Shanann and two daughters Celeste and Bella in August, according to a news release from the Weld County District Attorney's Office.

Watts also pleaded guilty to unlawful termination of a pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

The news release stated the plea deal was made with the agreement of the victims' family. In exchange for pleading guilty to all nine charges, prosecutors have agreed not to seek the death penalty.

Christopher Watts pleads guilty to murder of wife and daughters

Can someone explain why the Denver media blurred out the parents' faces after not blurring them out, but the article linked above shows the mother's face? I'm confused, but I've missed a lot of posts (lots of breaking news on the forum today).

I've never seen that blurring done unless it was a victim of sexual assault or an undercover cop or someone who really needs their identity kept secret.

Can someone explain why the Denver media blurred out the parents' faces after not blurring them out, but the article linked above shows the mother's face? I'm confused, but I've missed a lot of posts (lots of breaking news on the forum today).

I've never seen that blurring done unless it was a victim of sexual assault or an undercover cop or someone who really needs their identity kept secret.
It was bizarre, as their faces were not blurred out in other news broadcasts.

I haven’t been able to find out their reasoning for it.

CW pled guilty. What is she hoping to accomplish with all this whining?

"Chris Watts’ attorneys blocked his family from any discussions with him about his decision to plead guilty to the murders of his pregnant wife and two young daughters, his mother told 9NEWS.

Cindy Watts said she and other family members were told not to correspond with her son or speak with him – edicts she told 9NEWS were handed down by his court-appointed public defenders.

“We were denied contact with our son, from August through October,” Cindy Watts told 9NEWS. “When they called us down to Colorado, they said we were going to discuss the plea deal with Chris, and we were never able to do that.”

They said in one of the clips his family didn’t want to appear on camera. At least that’s what I remember hearing.

What a mess. They’re all confused.

CW pled guilty. What is she hoping to accomplish with all this whining?

"Editors note: 9Wants to Know investigator Kevin Vaughan is in North Carolina today speaking with Chris Watts’ family and will have much more on this story on 9NEWS at 9 and 10 p.m. and on 9news.com.

Chris Watts’ attorneys blocked his family from any discussions with him about his decision to plead guilty to the murders of his pregnant wife and two young daughters, his mother told 9NEWS.

Cindy Watts said she and other family members were told not to correspond with her son or speak with him – edicts she told 9NEWS were handed down by his court-appointed public defenders.

“We were denied contact with our son, from August through October,” Cindy Watts told 9NEWS. “When they called us down to Colorado, they said we were going to discuss the plea deal with Chris, and we were never able to do that.”
She wants him to go back and change his guilty plea. She wants some defense attorney to step up and represent him. She thinks the public defenders have forced him into this. Insanity.

I thought that a on the last thread someone said because it was to be aired locally.

I've been wondering about that too! I'm starting to wonder if now the Watts' requested it after the fact, after public backlash from their interviews.

This is such a mess now. I fully understand at this point why Shanann made references to getting away from "drama" in her home office video. And I can relate, even though my husband's family isn't NEARLY to this level, just apathetic.

These interviews are incredibly eye-opening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member