Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MsBetsy. I must have missed that one. Can you pls provide a link to that video? TIA
I'm not sure which one it is, sorry! It was transcribed here when it first came out, so I just read the words. She said she doesn't understand how her son would confess to a crime. She said that she would not and that she would fight to the end. Jmo

The statement begins in response to a question at 15:00 of the extended interview about "what if" CW is truly guilty. It is a bit indirect and hypothetical: Extended Interview: Cindy Watts, Chris Watts' mother, questions son's plea deal

to paraphrase, Cindy Watts considers that CW may be guilty of all that he has plead to and it scares her to death to think that, then she adds at 15:31
"I don't see why he's pleading guilty. I wouldn't. I'd fight. I'd fight to the end."
Thank you for that. Even if I had found it I have no idea how to provide a link or even if I can with my phone. I know someone said something about copy and paste which I really should learn how to do!

What if acceptance never settles in? It never did for Jackie Peterson or for Todd Kohlhepp's mother. Some people do retract the vile things they said when they were deeply embedded in their grief, but not all people do. That can't be normal, right? Eventually, reality should set in, shouldn't it? Why doesn't it with some of the parents of murderers?

Oh My Goodness! Liltexans, thanks for mentioning TK's mother. I have not followed very many cases after an arrest but I followed that one and I remember her interviews well. I just had an epiphany. At the time I saw TK's mother's interview, I had nothing to compare it to. I made the incorrect assumption she may be getting a little senile. I thought she was rude and wrong to say TK "isn't a monster" but I still had some minor sympathy for her and assumed her to be mentally ill from some disease of old age (and I thought she was at least 10 years older than her actual age). After seeing CW's mother, I get it now. I'm horrified I didn't see this pattern before. I believe you are right that some will never change their mind. I bet TK's mother went to her grave believing her son had not done anything wrong. She seemed to think he was justified in murdering the Superbike victims because they laughed at him. The stark horror of his mother's nonchalant reaction to that is so much clearer to me now.

Side note: Why do so many mothers of killers say "he is not a monster"? Is it because reporters always ask the question: "Do you believe your son is a monster?" or are these spontaneous statements? Do they think they will convince the rest of the world somehow? That everyone will suddenly say, "Well his mother says he's not a monster, so I guess we should go with that instead of looking at his heinous crimes..." It just defies all logic...

I had read that and it is what I thought. Mrs. CW!

If I am not mistaken, the request for Entry of Appearance and to be recognized as victims was submitted to the court on 11/14/2018. The judge ordered the courts approval to be recognized as victims (Entry of Appearance denied) on 11/15/2018.

The "Bombshell Breaking News" podcast (unable to link site, per Tricia/Liltexans) describing information contained in autopsy reports was aired on 11/15/2018. Per the host revealing the information: "the information was received by someone who is very close to the case. Like as close as close gets". The timing of the leaked information has allowed me to draw my own conclusion................

MOO, of course!

* This has always been my theory too. If he had planned it he would have for one thing parked the truck in the garage for later “loading” purposes. I don’t believe he planned anything for that night, and don’t think he ever planned on killing the girls. He and SW had an argument that went out of control, the girls heard and witnessed something and he panicked. This theory is supported by NK saying CW wanted to find an apt for himself and the girls. Pls don’t misunderstand. I have always thought CW is 100% guilty.

* I think he offered the plea deal because he couldn’t face everything coming out in court. There were four/five people in that house and now there’s only one left alive. He was probably told he would *have* to testify to everything that happened (there was no one else left to do so) and how he saw SW strangling Cece, and then what he did, etc etc, and he probably couldnt bear that thought or face doing that, and he just gave up.

* I want to thank OldLadyBlues for her poignant post on the previous thread. She expressed my thoughts better than I ever could. My heart goes out to all the survivors of this tragedy, including CW’s mom. There are so many thoughtful, loving, caring posters here. But I have been surprised and troubled by the Cindy Watts bashing. While she has said negative things about SW, they have a history that she is drawing from, and if you listen carefully, she’s just believing in her son with every fiber of her being, trying to make sense of this unimaginable horror, and desperately clinging to a possibility that what he’s saying is true, and if so, reasons to support that.

I am looking forward to next week when hopefully there will be answers to so so many questions.
Respectfully disagree. I think he planned it all out but he was too stupid to realize his evil plan would never work. Just the fact alone that he told NK and his family about a divorce when he probably never even consulted a divorce attorney should tell us that he planned to kill them all. He very well could have looked at apartments, but only because he planned to cash in on the house right away and wanted to get away from the scrutiny of his neighbors.

CW was making probably making about 70-75K and SW was supposedly making 80K. That means CW wouldn't have been paying spousal support, but he would have been paying child support if SW had full custody. I seriously doubt he would have wanted the kids full time if he had simply made SW disappear or that he would have wanted joint custody either. Imo, he was done with being a father and didn't want to have to spend his weekends looking after his three kids when he could be with NK or meeting hookups for sex instead.
MOO

Here is a link to an updated report on Cindy Watts. It sounds like she is accepting the plea deal and is planning to speak on Monday. My opinion is that she was processing this situation in the news during her denial phase. She said some very inappropriate things that have upset a lot of people. Perhaps she is now coming around. She accepts that the plea deal CW made was his decision.

Christopher Watts’ mother plans to speak at sentencing Monday

I should have said she accepts that it was CW's decision in her conversation with the news. Maybe, possibly, she does still really feel that he was coerced but someone must have given her some straight up advice. And a warning.
After all that's transpired, I would be shocked if she acted decently at the sentencing. Hopefully she will, and spare SW's family and friends even more grief.

This may have been touched on in another post,so forgive me if it was, but does anyone else find the timing of NK’s debut more then a little suspicious? Convenient? Somewhat self serving even? Yes I know witnesses had to stay silent until “now” but I feel like this was a very strategic (and clever) play by her lawyer...with the autopsies/MOST of the sordid details coming out in a few days, I feel her lawyer wanted to get her version of the truth (sorry I’m not buying what she’s selling about not knowing he was married) out there while she could still get some sympathy. As someone said in another post, the details are going to be gruesome enough that NOTHING could be forgiven after Monday...but coming out with the “poor ignorant mistress who did the right thing” story BEFORE we hear about the nasty crime she was (potentially)indirectly responsible for? Voila, instant sympathy and less tarnished image!
JMO of course

ETA Of course I commend her for coming forward to LE etc I’m just a jaded one who questions everyone’s motives now...
I don't think it is suspicious at all. I'm sure there was a huge amount of speculation and no doubt, rumors about her since the beginning. This was her opportunity to set the record straight. She is in no way responsible for the murder of Shanann and her daughters, indirectly or otherwise. She is yet another victim of CW's tangled web of lies and deceipt. Imo

Last edited:
What I would like to see or know on Monday;

1. and 2. CW sentenced the max, consecutively, on ALL counts, and the Judge telling CW,
very bluntly; what he truly is, how horrible his actions were, and all the damage he
has done!

3. Some closure for the Rzucek family! As much as possible.

4. Mrs. Watts to accept her son's heinous acts and to go quietly away. An apology
to Shanann and her family would be a bonus. (don't believe it will happen!)

5. Autopsy results!

6. All evidence, including electronic footprint.

7. DA Michael Roark's response, commentary, and opinion about the case.

8. All the wonderful, intelligent responses on Websleuths!

BBM MOO IAA (I'm anxiously awaiting :D)

i’m going to the sentencing on Monday. I hope to sit next to Kevin Kavanugh again. Are there any questions you’d like me to ask? Also i’m very shy and nervous so I doubt if you asked me Id likely ask such questions. I am meeting quite a few people from facebook pages that I don’t necessarily endorse.

Thank you for taking the time to attend the Sentencing Hearing. I hope you are able to get in the main room.

I don't have any questions for Kevin Kavanaugh, but before you heave a sigh of relief I would really appreciate as much description of your day and your personal impressions of everyone attending in an official capacity- as well as the victims and Chris Watts - as you feel comfortable providing [and are willing/able to type out!]

I'm not sure which one it is, sorry! It was transcribed here when it first came out, so I just read the words. She said she doesn't understand how her son would confess to a crime. She said that she would not and that she would fight to the end. Jmo
In the video that I saw (sorry I don’t have a link to it!) she said she didn’t understand how he could plead guilty to killing the girls if he didn’t. She would never plead guilty to a crime she didnt commit.

Here is a link to an updated report on Cindy Watts. It sounds like she is accepting the plea deal and is planning to speak on Monday. My opinion is that she was processing this situation in the news during her denial phase. She said some very inappropriate things that have upset a lot of people. Perhaps she is now coming around. She accepts that the plea deal CW made was his decision.

Christopher Watts’ mother plans to speak at sentencing Monday
Is this anything new or different from what she said in that long interview? I hope she says nothing at the sentencing but doubt she will resist the opportunity to tout the athletic good boy attributes of her golden boy son. MOO

I have been a member on this board for a long time. I was surprised at the victim bashing that went on before he pled guilty. I think if Cindy Watts had released only that one video where she is actually crying, she would been received better.

Heck, even saying she can't understand and can't accept it. That it flies in the face of all she knows about her son. That she knows him as a good and decent and loving person. That because it's so incomprehensible, she has concerns about his plea, his mental state and whether he understands what he's doing. That she has questions she needs answered.

All of that would actually be reasonable to me.

She went far beyond that though. To a cruel and small and vicious place. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata