Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this anything new or different from what she said in that long interview? I hope she says nothing at the sentencing but doubt she will resist the opportunity to tout the athletic good boy attributes of her golden boy son. MOO
If they let her speak (!!!!) IMO she will say she understands he killed them, but it was Shanann that caused it all. I don't think she will be able resist getting that on the record.

Here is a link to an updated report on Cindy Watts. It sounds like she is accepting the plea deal and is planning to speak on Monday. My opinion is that she was processing this situation in the news during her denial phase. She said some very inappropriate things that have upset a lot of people. Perhaps she is now coming around. She accepts that the plea deal CW made was his decision.

Christopher Watts’ mother plans to speak at sentencing Monday

I hope so.

Here is a link to an updated report on Cindy Watts. It sounds like she is accepting the plea deal and is planning to speak on Monday. My opinion is that she was processing this situation in the news during her denial phase. She said some very inappropriate things that have upset a lot of people. Perhaps she is now coming around. She accepts that the plea deal CW made was his decision.

Christopher Watts’ mother plans to speak at sentencing Monday
Still, no sorrow expressed for Shanann. Still, treating CW like a victim who needs to hear that his mommy will always love him. CW is not the victim, he is the murderer. Shanann, Bella, and CeCe are the victims. The Victim Impact Statement is supposed to provide an opportunity for victims to express how their lives were negatively impacted by the crime, not an opportunity to express continued love and devotion for the murderer.

I’ve been trying to catch up with all the recent news but I have noticed a lot of negativity regarding his mother. She too is grieving. I unfortunately work in an industry where I see grieving daily. Some do it gracefully and others lash out. Even with all of my experiences I am the latter. No way is right or wrong it is just different. The facts are the facts and she will have to come to terms with them when she knows all of them so I don’t get angry hearing what she is saying now. Let this woman grieve in her own way and come to terms that her son is a murderer. MOO
Sorry, I'm pretty far behind here..
I agree with your post but the last person she should be lashing out at is the woman her son murdered. Shanann's family is grieving too, probably more so and they don't deserve the crap his mother is saying about their dead daughter n sister.

I truly believe CW is guilty- 100% guilty. This is all on him, he killed them all.

I’m against every single bad or negative comment Mrs. Watts has said about Shan’ann, but his mother didn’t kill anybody and as much as I don’t like or agree with the things she’s said or how she’s conducted herself. I have some compassion for her, but not fine and dandy.
jmo
His mom is also a victim of his deceit, and as long as she apologizes to SW's family and stops disparaging SW, I'll once again have compassion for her and the rest of his family. CW purposely drove a wedge between SW and his family because it suited him. Imo, he lied to them all along about SW being abusive, just like he lied to them about an imminent divorce and probably told them he wasn't even baby Nico's father.

CW obviously doesn't care about how his family feels or he wouldn't have kept them in the dark for months while he sat in jail and blindsided them with the plea deal. Both his parents just want the truth in order for them to accept what has happened, but he couldn't even do that for them. He just let them go ahead with those interviews, making themselves objects of derision. If CW's evil plan had worked, he would never have told them that their precious grandbabies were dead either, so they would stop worrying and looking for them.

CW only cares about himself and doesn't care about anyone else's feelings. His family needs to accept that he alone is to blame for everything and put the blame where it belongs. And I really hope they apologize to SW's family.
MOO

I don't think it is suspicious at all. I'm sure there was a huge amount of speculation and no doubt, rumors about her since the beginning. This was her opportunity to set the record straight. She is in no way responsible for the murder of Shanann and her daughters, indirectly or otherwise. She is yet another victim of CW's tangled web of lies and deceipt. Imo

I believe LE and the DA are grateful to her and have tried to protect her. I believe the decision to come out publicly now before sentencing was one she and the DA made together in order to spare her the intense onslaught of attention that would come after.

The timing is self-serving and rightfully so. This lessens the blow of media frenzy.

She did what she had to do and what she was supposed to by immediately going to LE. I agree wholeheartedly with you. She is not responsible in any way for this crime.

I went back and rewatched the porch interviews of CW after his family went "missing" just now and I am even more stunned and angry at his bold faced smug lies. You can see that he is very much like his mother. Although I have seen these many times, so much has happened in between that it just gobsmacked me to see them again. Unbelievable.

In the video that I saw (sorry I don’t have a link to it!) she said she didn’t understand how he could plead guilty to killing the girls if he didn’t. She would never plead guilty to a crime she didnt commit.
The one they are referencing the interviewer asks “have you reconciled the thought that he might be guilty of all 3 murders”, “Yes and that scares me to death but why plead guilty? I would fight til the end”. She does not want him to plead guilty whether he did it or not. These interviews were all given after the hearing, she stated she was not able to ask him anything about the plea, his attorney “shut her down”. However in her most recent interview she now saids she was able to ask him about it and he told her it is what he wanted.

Last edited:
RBBM
That's if you believe it was planned.

I think a possible scenario is that she came in from her trip and there was an argument, possibly about the affair. He snaps and kills her first and then the girls. Perhaps they were witnesses. This has been my theory from the beginning and I haven't seen anything yet that would change my mind. Hopefully we know more on Monday.

I believe he was charged and pled guilty to 1st degree murder with DEL IBERATION to all their murders.. So yea, for the first time, I believe him and that it was planned. It was not 2nd degree, heat of passion in the killing of Shanann.

In the video that I saw (sorry I don’t have a link to it!) she said she didn’t understand how he could plead guilty to killing the girls if he didn’t. She would never plead guilty to a crime she didnt commit.
She did not add the words "that she didn't commit." Her answer was a response to a question as to whether or not she considered that he had actually killed all three, as he did in his confession. She answered that it scared her to think about it, and then said she just doesn't understand why he would plead guilty. She added, "I wouldn't. I would fight to the end." As her answer was part of the question as to whether or not she had considered that he could be guilty of the crime he confessed to, I interpreted it to mean she had thought about that, and even so she would fight it. Imo

Spot on, her statement that “I thought he had seen the light” when he supposedly told her he wanted out, I thought after all these years, 2 grandchildren, she was still wanted him to not be with her. She never thought this could be done “to” Chris- saids it all.

Yes. And with a new child on the way, halfway here already, and she is applauding him for bailing on the family, gleefully encouraging him to do so.

I believe he was charged and pled guilty to 1st degree murder with DEL IBERATION to all their murders.. So yea, for the first time, I believe him and that it was planned. It was not 2nd degree, heat of passion in the killing of Shanann.
Or "heat of passion" with his daughters! He was charged with First degree murder, TWICE, for each of his daughters. The DA also found a way to charge him for Nico's murder! IMHO there is a mountain of evidence and CW figured out that he was in the shadow of that mountain, and a potential, spectacular avalanche (with him at the bottom)! The DA saw the truth and went for all he could against CW. To me, that says it all. Confirmation is coming.

I had compassion for her but she lost me. Even now, I do feel bad that she has a son who is a murderer and she will have to deal with that her whole life. No one deserves that life. He has put a terrible burden and legacy onto his family. I am not completely heartless to them. However, the way they have conducted themselves has disappointed me and shown me their character.
This is exactly how I feel, word to word.

I don't think he'll make a statement.

He had no pain inside him after murdering them. I've seen the freedom he was anticipating in his face. That equals zero remorse. Remorse does not crop up days or months later. His tears were regret for not getting to experience the freedom he desired and the pain to his ego of having to acknowledge fault in the word guilty.

What would motivate him to pretend he is remorseful or even sorry? I think he despises his family too, because lying to them seems to me to be scorn for them. You will buy my lies because you're too stupid to see the truth.

IMO.

YES, to the bolded, above. That is a perfect description of his face during those interviews.

He was supposed to be pleading to the public, to help him find his missing family. But his family was not on his mind. He was smiling and strangely upbeat and I saw flashes of glee. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Right then, a whole lot of people thought he was guilty of some kind of involvement in their unexplained disappearance.

I can understand suspicion of her not knowing he was married, but I doubt she would come forward with information that the LE could dispute - and they must have all the texts between her and CW. She said he revised his story of his relationship with his wife to her that Monday night via texts and calls. So there might very well be proof of her lack of knowledge when it comes to his marriage.

I do not find her timing suspicious, either, personally. Was she advised when to do so strategically? I believe, yes. But she is undoubtedly hounded by the press and other layperson sleuthers on a daily basis, which I imagine will ratchet up after sentencing. She needed to set the record straight. Perhaps she was about to be exposed by a tabloid and chose this time, or perhaps she is heading off the additional scrutiny to inevitably come on Monday. I think she is so far handling herself with dignity and grace and showed no signs of leaking information about her relationship with CW prior to this article that I can tell. So I do not have a problem with considering her a full fledged victim of CW unless and until there is evidence to the contrary. IMO.
I agree.
Also, NK must have been scared that she may be seen as a co-perpetrator. I believe she called LE for two main reasons:

-Help LE to find Shanann and girls.
-To clear herself. Completely and as soon as possible.

If I am not mistaken, the request for Entry of Appearance and to be recognized as victims was submitted to the court on 11/14/2018. The judge ordered the courts approval to be recognized as victims (Entry of Appearance denied) on 11/15/2018.

The "Bombshell Breaking News" podcast (unable to link site, per Tricia/Liltexans) describing information contained in autopsy reports was aired on 11/15/2018. Per the host revealing the information: "the information was received by someone who is very close to the case. Like as close as close gets". The timing of the leaked information has allowed me to draw my own conclusion................

MOO, of course!

Omigosh, it never occurred to me Momma Watts could be the one leaking details to the Murder Rap Sesh ladies. It does make perfect sense, though, since they themselves brag about reaching out and connecting with her. One of them has claimed to have a "jailhouse source" from the beginning and I always wondered whom that could be, too.

Is this a situation in which there could be a cease and desist issued?

I remember years ago a family member close to me maintained a political blog. She was very outspoken against a number of political figures. She hit a nerve on one of her entries because she got a cease and desist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member