CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could just puke!
Parenting, Baby Names, Celebrities, and Royal News | CafeMom.com

The girls bodies were so toxic they couldn't be cremated. And they had to be wrapped up, because they were so flammable.

I don't understand why CW thought putting his daughters bodies in crude oil tanks was a "good" idea. The whole thing is bizarre.

It is interesting to note from this article that CW thought about killing his family, and it didn't even cross his mind to seek help. Which, to me, means he had planned and fantasized about getting rid of his wife and family for a long time. This was not a "spur of the moment" situation.

Why didn't he just leave? He probably could have, and never would have had to even talk to them again.

The girls bodies were so toxic they couldn't be cremated. And they had to be wrapped up, because they were so flammable.

I don't understand why CW thought putting his daughters bodies in crude oil tanks was a "good" idea. The whole thing is bizarre.

It is interesting to note from this article that CW thought about killing his family, and it didn't even cross his mind to seek help. Which, to me, means he had planned and fantasized about getting rid of his wife and family for a long time. This was not a "spur of the moment" situation.

Why didn't he just leave? He probably could have, and never would have had to even talk to them again.
Like DA Rourke said at the sentencing: "These were his CHILDREN".

How could ya, Chris.

IMO the work site was the only place he could go with the bodies and was hoping the crude oil would eventually dissolve the bodies. I also think SW was going in too but he couldn't manage it... maybe hoping to come back later and move her somewhere else.
His truck had tracking on it... his entire route was going to be looked over.
Her friend was on to him so fast... his best bet may have been to go to work and then claim he had to rush home that morning because nobody was responding to calls. Then hope to get away with the 'someone else did it' scenario. He is a sick dude.

OCT 7, 2020
"This documentary gives my sister a voice and she speaks throughout it. It also shows what her life was like before he came along and how happy she was with her beautiful family until he cheated and turned into a different person and became that monster."
The grieving brother added that the director had included Shanann's family throughout the whole process. "We met the whole team personally. They made sure we were ok with them making this before they even started," he posted.
My sister is an inspiration to millions of people all over the world and I'm honoured to be her little brother. She's still changing lives and I couldn't be more proud."
American Murder: How Shanann Watts' family reacted to the show

"We miss you, you're truly an inspiration to millions of women. You're a hero to me and many others. God bless you Shanann, Bella, Celeste and Nico [the name Shanann and Chris had given their unborn son]. We love you and we wish you were here."

It's nice to hear that Shanann's family have been completely included in the Netflix documentary, considering it focusses on such a distressing topic. As Frankie said, Shanann's story has now been told in a way that would have been true to her, and for her loved ones, that must be so incredibly important.
American Murder: How Shanann Watts' family reacted to the show

I can't help but think that once again a woman with a great body and good looks has distracted LE from paying attention to her involvement in the murders. Why else isn't the girlfriend in prison right along with him? Investigation into her involvement immediately stopped as soon as CW confessed. Why is that?
Another case where I think that this has happened, is the lack of investigation of Lori Vallow for the murder of her husband. LE seemed so googly-eyed over her that there was no investigation into his murder. Now, they are attempting to appear to investigate? If they had done their jobs then, the children would be alive.
I'm beginning to think that female LE should be the ones to interview female witnesses/possible suspects. JMO

Great Post. And I wholeheartedly agree!

IMO the work site was the only place he could go with the bodies and was hoping the crude oil would eventually dissolve the bodies. I also think SW was going in too but he couldn't manage it... maybe hoping to come back later and move her somewhere else.
His truck had tracking on it... his entire route was going to be looked over.
Her friend was on to him so fast... his best bet may have been to go to work and then claim he had to rush home that morning because nobody was responding to calls. Then hope to get away with the 'someone else did it' scenario. He is a sick dude.
My understanding was he originally had thought he could stage an explosion. That there had been or he could manufacture a leak and create grounds for an explosion.
But, Shanann's flights being delayed messed up the timeline for his plan and he ran out of time, rushed and messed up.

I can't help but think that once again a woman with a great body and good looks has distracted LE from paying attention to her involvement in the murders. Why else isn't the girlfriend in prison right along with him? Investigation into her involvement immediately stopped as soon as CW confessed. Why is that?
Another case where I think that this has happened, is the lack of investigation of Lori Vallow for the murder of her husband. LE seemed so googly-eyed over her that there was no investigation into his murder. Now, they are attempting to appear to investigate? If they had done their jobs then, the children would be alive.
I'm beginning to think that female LE should be the ones to interview female witnesses/possible suspects. JMO
I would agree on Vallow, but I don't find CW's side piece to be an attractive female to be honest. Just another *advertiser censored*.

I would agree on Vallow, but I don't find CW's side piece to be an attractive female to be honest. Just another *advertiser censored*.
Ive always thought the same thing. Then remembered, would he be any more justified if she was gorgeous? No. Her looks are irrelevant, his looks have only gotten him attention after a gruesome quadruple murder, and Shanann was the most beautiful, inside and out. I’ve always thought NK was a dumpier, uglier trade down from shanann. Long dark hair, dark eyes, she could be pretty if she wasn’t so ugly on the inside.

Cool, I'm going to watch it a few more times then

Also Cindy is just awful. I really feel like there is some genetic personality disorder stuff going on over there... is that armchair diagnosis? Oh well.

Yeah, I'm sure she probably wasn't making much at all, if anything. <modsnip>

I feel sorry for Shanann that she was caught up in it but it probably provided her with a social life and a purpose and I don't begrudge that. Everyone needs to feel like they belong and have a purpose.
I know for an absolute fact Shan’ann’s income from Thrive was significant. If she wasn’t making more than Chris she was getting close. Plus she got a healthy monthly stipend towards a car lease. I’m sure most people who get into MLM programs don’t fare well but Shan’ann really worked hard at it and did a great job motivating the people on her team. And several of those team members were doing well enough to earn the bonus trips themselves, which added to her income.

I’m not saying I’m a Thrive supporter or I’d recommend MLM to anyone, but there are those rare individuals who do well and she was one of them.

I don't think they can still give the DP in Colorado, someone local could clear that up. I just don't see how he could get off. Presumably the FBI/CBI have saved the taped confession-interview from Feb 2019.
I doubt he would even squirm in court, seeing the videos of how his children looked after he desecrated them.
The death penalty in CO was officially abolished shortly after Chris’ sentencing hearing. Our new Governor even stayed the execution of the three people on Colorado’s death row.

Last edited:
Just watched the documentary and found out about this horrible crime. I can't seem to grasp how a parent can kill their own child that they raised from infant in a loving home. These are the cruelest crimes.

I haven't followed this case from the start but it is clearly visible in the footage shown in the documentary when he first arrives home to meet the Police that he is not even concerned. His mouth is almost laughing. I didn't know how this case would unfold because I just came across it watching the documentary but at that moment many red flags came up.

After reading more on this case it is clearly visible that this was a premeditated act. The horrible details that he described in his letters from prison make it even more cruel as they paint a picture of a narcissist. He wants the spotlight!

My understanding was he originally had thought he could stage an explosion. That there had been or he could manufacture a leak and create grounds for an explosion.
But, Shanann's flights being delayed messed up the timeline for his plan and he ran out of time, rushed and messed up.

I suspected that when he put that red jerry-can into the back of his truck. The neighbour Nate’s cameras picked that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma