Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #100 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94
Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98 Thread #99

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

Barry Morphew has been charged with Suzanne's murder and he and his businesses are open to sleuthing.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

Mod Reminder - Plunder Court Transcript Episodes

The Transcripts from the Preliminary Hearing being shared by Plunder have been approved. This approval only applies to the Plunder episodes specific to the court transcripts. The transcripts shared across the episodes may not be copied and posted in entirety to WS as a single document or post replicating the documents that the content creator purchased.

ADMIN REMINDER:

By Websleuths standards the Morphew daughters are victims. Posts trashing them or demeaning them will be removed and members who post in that regard are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Read The Rules (TOS) and post accordingly.

Thanks.

<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.

@MountainDad I think Grusing was able to profile Barry enough to understand that he was NEVER going to confess. He did tell us nearly exactly what he did by telling half truths with the lies. He inserted animals in place of Suzanne.. he explained away his actions (never denying them) by having an explanation for why he was where he was during specific times. He didn't shut down and refuse to speak. The investigators presented much of it as they just needed to clear him, but these things aren't adding up, at which point Barry continued to try to make excuses and possible reasons other than incriminating himself of course. While he was trying to make himself look like the good guy he did just the opposite. I fully believe that Barry would never have confessed and lawyering up in his mind was like admitting he did it. Grusing knew enough about Barry's type of personality that he knew he'd never just admit it. He felt he had them all tricked.. he was so sly and so smart he could get away with it and they played into that just enough to keep him speaking and every time he did, he shared just a little more.

I also think if we had a body it would have been much easier/more likely for Grusing to just be firm and demanding. Without one they still have no clue what they are dealing with so keeping him talking could have shed light inadvertently on where he put her, which was likely a goal because conviction might be easier if they found her body. All they could do was show Barry that he was lying and his own actions were suspicious.. each interview they learned just a little more. I think Grusing did things in a calculated way and I trust he is an expert that has shown he has a history of reading people and talking to them in a way that gets answers and convictions.

We may have read 1-2 hours of what was said in all of the interviews. We don't know that he didn't push him harder and we don't know everything that was said.. we have a small fraction of it.

A poster in the previous thread mused - what legal team doesn't get their carp together after missing one deadline, let alone two.

I'm interested in hearing opinions as to why this happened. Was it the loss of Jeff Lindsey? Is Linda Stanley not a strong leader? Was the arrest made too soon?

A poster in the previous thread mused - what legal team doesn't get their carp together after missing one deadline, let alone two.

I'm interested in hearing opinions as to why this happened. Was it the loss of Jeff Lindsey? Is Linda Stanley not a strong leader? Was the arrest made too soon?
I’m to the point of not caring who is at fault. Just get the man to prison already!

Thanks for the background info. I'm speaking specifically to this case. It is odd to have 30 hours of questioning, and not have an arrest/ clearing of that person based on that questioning. I understand starting the conversations in a manner that allows Barry to talk and incriminate himself. Once he does that though, maybe hours 25-30 put the screws to him and make him either lawyer up or confess to a lower charge
@MountainDad wrote^^^

I am not sure it its that odd to have many hours of questioning and not have that alone, yield a confession. What Agent Grusing did do was lock Barry into certain timelines and locations, by which the cell and cyber experts can incriminate him. He forced Barry to keep changing stories and making up ridiculous explanations, which may ultimately convince the jury of his guilt, at trial.

I think Grusing did a masterful job and I do not agree with you that you [ or I ] could have done a better job confronting Barry. I do feel that you are underestimating his skills and experience. JMO

Barry is a textbook narcissist and it is not easy to corner them because they are slippery and weaselly because they have no moral or ethical boundaries nor a fear of bold-faced lying.

@mrjitty - you wondered if Barry would blame some wild animals for deleting all those texts, etc. I am sure he will if he can - Mr Google tells me that jaguars, for instance, thrive best where there is no cell phone coverage. So it is just possible that a jaguar misunderstood that fact, and decided to help out his family and friends by deleting what he could on Barry's phone. However, I just invited him and his missus to come and live in our zoo, and he swears he is totally innocent.

@DeDee - too late to reply to your beautiful Colorado pictures - but I think Colorado would be even more beautiful if Barry wasn't running around in it!

Thank you! There is a guy standing in the Arkansas River fly-fishing.

Our family has been vacationing in Colorado since I was a child. Now, my grandchildren are becoming excellent skiers. I think everyone that goes has their favorite spot. I adore Telluride while my daughter prefers Crested Butte.
I spent 7 days in Boulder a few years ago and snooped around all of the places affiliated with the Ramsey family. We dined at Pasta Jay's. Saw where Access Graphics was located and JonBenet's little school across the street. I drove down the alleyway behind the Ramsey's home.
We stayed at the foot of the FlatIron Mountain in Chautauqua Park. We hiked to the top every other day. There's only 2 CP left in the nation with the other being in NY.

I have a habit of traveling to Crime Scenes, that are of interest to me, whenever possible. I was run off the road at one CS by a big black truck. It will take more than a truck to deter me.

The Colorado Chautauqua

@MountainDad wrote^^^

I am not sure it its that odd to have many hours of questioning and not have that alone, yield a confession. What Agent Grusing did do was lock Barry into certain timelines and locations, by which the cell and cyber experts can incriminate him. He forced Barry to keep changing stories and making up ridiculous explanations, which may ultimately convince the jury of his guilt, at trial.

I think Grusing did a masterful job and I do not agree with you that you [ or I ] could have done a better job confronting Barry. I do feel that you are underestimating his skills and experience. JMO

Barry is a textbook narcissist and it is not easy to corner them because they are slippery and weaselly because they have no moral or ethical boundaries nor a fear of bold-faced lying.

IMO this amount of contact with the suspect in a long running "whoops where's my wife" dynamic is to be expected.

As David Simon wrote in Homicide, the US legal system is deeply flawed in that it creates no incentives to speak to law enforcement in contrast to the other criminal systems

However in this type of dynamic, law enforcement can manufacture incentives where the accused believes he needs to divert suspicion via cooperation - it's part of his staging

Obviously you can't go full FBI vs Chris Watts in that scenario. Watts is quite different because you are hot on the trail of the bodies and the guys staging is folding up like cheap lawn furniture.

As you say, here Grusing used the interview to actually create the case. Without these masterful interviews, we don't have the damaging confessions about the left turn, dumping evidence etc

@mrjitty - you wondered if Barry would blame some wild animals for deleting all those texts, etc. I am sure he will if he can - Mr Google tells me that jaguars, for instance, thrive best where there is no cell phone coverage. So it is just possible that a jaguar misunderstood that fact, and decided to help out his family and friends by deleting what he could on Barry's phone. However, I just invited him and his missus to come and live in our zoo, and he swears he is totally innocent.

I am just checking to see whether you have added all the red herrings into the aquarium.

The bull is kept busy providing so much manure do we need to add a couple more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper