Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge: *explains all reasons why BM is bound over, questions his intentions as a husband who called his wife an angel, etc*

Also the Judge: I’m going to give this guy bail.

WTF? Swinging from two extremes I feel like. M1 should be no bond! This can’t be real

someone pour me a shot

and making inferences from that evidence. That is a big NO from me.

Likely because he has to favour the prosecution's position in the Prelim, if there is a chance of this going either way.

(Links provided previously)

"As the judge is discussing possible bail for Barry Morphew: "Is it possible Mr. Morphew would be convicted? Yes. Is it fairly likely he would be convicted? ... This case could go either way in front of a jury.""
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*

I know that this will not be a popular opinion here, but, I really do think the judge has overstepped the mark.

In his own words, this is not a trial and if the tweets are quoting the judge accurately, BM has been found guilty by the judge. I'm afraid, I do not call that justice, nor do I call it due process.
Why? He's giving foundation for ruling to bind BM over for trial. It's all on the record preemptively to give pause to the defense if they might think of appealing the ruling. I don't even know if they can but I'm going with it, hahah.
I'm not a lawyer, I just played one on tv. Sorry, I'm absolutely giddy! :D

IF BM can make bail, look for him to try to run or pull a Fotis Dulos on the world.

I cannot imagine finding probable cause for Murder 1 and tampering with a deceased body and then granting bond!

Me neither, it doesn't make sense. Especially when the Judge felt strongly enough to go over the evidence piece by piece and give his opinion publicly (which can influence the jury). It's one way or another, IMO.

I don't see how you can say you personally believe Barry murdered Suzanne but you think he should be granted bail. He's obviously dangerous if what the prosecution presented is true (and the Judge ruled it was)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member