Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this judge favors Barry a bit.
This judge annoys me . In PF no body murder trial we had Dan the man that made sure he had everything for a conviction . This prosecutor and district attorney I’m slowly losing faith in. Linda Stanley needs to get things in order so bm doesn’t walk .

Popping in long enough to say yesterday was a bad mental health day and I wasn't in any mood for legal shenanigans. Probably not going to be around today either.

So to answer any questions that may come up:

Full Timeline – Find Suzanne Morphew

Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew - Non threatening edition. I'm hoping some cross on the earlier drafts can clear up some of the date inconsistencies.

Somebody else might have a better collection. For day 3 & 4 all I copied were Lauren Scharf's Tweets because on day 1 & 2 she had consistently been the most prolific News -Tweeter.
Preliminary Hearing Tweets – Find Suzanne Morphew

The Google Earth Case Map
Thanks and hang in there.

Popping in long enough to say yesterday was a bad mental health day and I wasn't in any mood for legal shenanigans. Probably not going to be around today either.

So to answer any questions that may come up:

Full Timeline – Find Suzanne Morphew

Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew - Non threatening edition. I'm hoping some cross on the earlier drafts can clear up some of the date inconsistencies.

Somebody else might have a better collection. For day 3 & 4 all I copied were Lauren Scharf's Tweets because on day 1 & 2 she had consistently been the most prolific News -Tweeter.
Preliminary Hearing Tweets – Find Suzanne Morphew

The Google Earth Case Map
Excellent work! Thanks much and hope things are better real soon.

Not surprised the judge is allowing Barry to drive to Salida. I, too, am curious if there is any time restriction on those visits or if in Gunnison his data will dump without having to drive somewhere. I'm guessing the answer is yes on the data, With a college and hospital in Gunnison, I'm assuming the internet is good and cell service is better than in Maysville.

And to think there were people who thought Judge Murphy was biased and didn't put the hammer down on Barry. I'm now curious about this new judge. Hope we can read the motions and decisions one of these days.

Last edited:
This judge annoys me . In PF no body murder trial we had Dan the man that made sure he had everything for a conviction . This prosecutor and district attorney I’m slowly losing faith in. Linda Stanley needs to get things in order so bm doesn’t walk .

A team of posters from this thread would do a much better job than the current prosecution team.

Perhaps we should contact Linda Stanley and offer her assistance.

Thanks C yes I did know the part re Barry's restrictions . I was just thinking that if being together is such a blessing etc, I wondered why they didnt visit him instead. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, busy lives etc.
I think BM just wants to be as far away from Salida/Poncha Springs as he can. Where he thinks people don’t know about him.
JMO

A team of posters from this thread would do a much better job than the current prosecution team.

Perhaps we should contact Linda Stanley and offer her assistance.
We couldn’t do any worse. Everyone knew this would be a hard case to prosecute but I had faith ms Stanley knew her job but now I wonder . Jmoo

I think BM just wants to be as far away from Salida/Poncha Springs as he can. Where he thinks people don’t know about him.
JMO
Could BM have made it any more awkward for his daughters to visit but to move in a place that's a stone's throw from their former home? I think this motion was long in the works but needed a new judge to present the idea. May can't come soon enough to get this man off the streets permanently. MOO

I said that at the PC when BM was arrested. But I understood they they wanted to act before he left town. But after a year, you would have thought the AA and investigation would have been airtight. I saw Ms Stanley on PE and she appeared exuberant, almost over confident. But I liked her. I admit I’m somewhat dissappointed with the DA’s office at this time. I believe BM is guilty. I believe his lies will convict him. I believe it can’t be anyone else but BM. But there’s such a thing as the way the DA presents their case that makes all the difference.

When Barry hired his attorneys, I had already read about them. Dru is the one who represented Patrick Frazee’s accomplice (as I like to call her). And his accomplice got a sweetheart deal. These defense attorneys are well known in Denver. Expensive but they get their clients off. Linda Stanley has to know who she’s up against.

I’m disappointed in the judges in this case too. I will keep holding on and praying the jury gets it right.

Max Length of BM's Gunnison Visit?
I hope the judge is very clear in specifying what "visit" means as far as length of time. Would staying with them for a month or longer be considered a visit?
@Tumbleweed Good question.
Iirc (but not saying I do) BM was/is obligated to do a periodic in-person check-in w an employee of the ankle monitor co.
If so, that periodic check-in may put a cap on visit length. my2ct.

I gave myself a little pep talk earlier today.

This all an attempt to create reasonable doubt. None of it is stronger than all of the evidence. BM's movements at the house that day, his data and electronic trail, his trash dumps. The wall job. The interviews he gave. His ridiculous claim of shooting chipmunks. The tranq dart sheath. Looking for a dead turkey in the woods. Suzanne's own words to her BFF, her sister and JL. And the list goes on. Mountains of stuff that points to BM that can not be explained away. Too much to be coincidence.

He had motive. He had means. He had opportunity.

There is no bushy haired stranger who left touch DNA on Suzanne's car and also very thoroughly framed BM and made him act the way he did and say the things he said.

The prosecution needs to pull it together and come out swinging.

MOO

This all an attempt to create reasonable doubt. None of it is stronger than all of the evidence. BM's movements at the house that day, his data and electronic trail, his trash dumps. The wall job. The interviews he gave. His ridiculous claim of shooting chipmunks. The tranq dart sheath. Looking for a dead turkey in the woods. Suzanne's own words to her BFF, her sister and JL. And the list goes on. Mountains of stuff that points to BM that can not be explained away. Too much to be coincidence.

There is no bushy haired stranger who left touch DNA on Suzanne's car and also very thoroughly framed BM and made him act the way he did and say the things he said.

MOO

Thanks Mrs Watson. I have given myself the same pep talk.

Kumquats & Cucumbers?
.... In PF no body murder trial we had Dan the man that made sure he had everything for a conviction. This prosecutor and district attorney I’m slowly losing faith in. Linda Stanley needs to get things in order so bm doesn’t walk .
@Corrupted1967 Agreeing w you that prosecutor's case against BM may have some weaknesses.

Altho prosecutors in both homicides cases share the no-body obstacle, Dan the man had one extraordinary advantage that this prosecutor team lacks:
A witness who cleaned up the bloody death scene and who testified about that, as well as what Frazee the defendant said & did over a period of months in exploring ways to kill.
The contrast between the two cases is not apples & oranges, but more like kumquats & cucumbers, imo.
my2ct.

Kumquats & Cucumbers?
@Corrupted1967 Agreeing w you that prosecutor's case against BM may have some weaknesses.

Altho prosecutors in both homicides cases share the no-body obstacle, Dan the man had one extraordinary advantage that this prosecutor team lacks:
A witness who cleaned up the bloody death scene and who testified about that, as well as what Frazee the defendant said & did over a period of months in exploring ways to kill.
The contrast between the two cases is not apples & oranges, but more like kumquats & cucumbers, imo.
my2ct.
Yeah, that case was a slam dunk thanks to Krystal Kenney and plenty of corroborating evidence.

This one is much more difficult.

Kumquats & Cucumbers?

my2ct.

I'm hoping/thinking we might find out, some time in the near future, that this case might be more similar (to the Frazee one) than we know, at the moment.

Could there be a witness? There could be. (Pure speculation).

I think Barry did some studying of various cases.

Jmo.

MOO
Hear, hear!
Very well stated @MrsWatson!!

Continuing to pray for a miracle Suzanne’s remains are located sooner than later so she can receive a proper burial and also to help the prosecution’s case, and that she receives the justice she so rightfully deserves. xo

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors