Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone on the defense team is reading Websleuths, they must be quite giddy with how much controversy this DNA on the glove box is creating and banking on it creating a lot more confusion for jurors who probably don't follow true crime.
Yes agree, of course they are. Both giddy and here.
MOO there will be clarity by trial.

Prosecutors need to stop making completely avoidable procedural errors. FBI certainly knows what it means to preserve electronic communications. There’s more than enough evidence against Barry I hope they don’t blow it because of some completely avoidable error. Let’s hope going forward it improves.

Yeah, that case was a slam dunk thanks to Krystal Kenney and plenty of corroborating evidence.

This one is much more difficult.
Oh MassGuy, I didn’t expect you to say “much more difficult”. I mean, you are the “go to guy” when the rest of us get down.

I think BM’s lies and the data will convict him. We just need to see the DA’s office be prepared for at LEAST ONE full day.

Is that too much to ask of Ms Stanley?

Oh MassGuy, I didn’t expect you to say “much more difficult”. I mean, you are the “go to guy” when the rest of us get down.

I think BM’s lies and the data will convict him. We just need to see the DA’s office be prepared for at LEAST ONE full day.

Is that too much to ask of Ms Stanley?
I really hope yesterday was just a bad day, and the prosecutor pulls it together. They looked so unprepared yesterday not having discovery sent to defense .BM isn’t that smart I hope they find his one big mistake that gets him lwop jmoo

I don’t trust him.
IMO he’s using the daughters to expand his travels. … a user, a liar, a bully and a murderer
What’s to trust.

https://kdvr.com/news/it-has-been-a-hard-and-confusing-time-barry-morphews ppl-daughters-plead-for-court-to-allow-their-father-to-visit/amp/
Judge Ramsey Lama agreed to that request, modifying the bond to allow Morphew to travel to Gunnison – during daylight hours only. His attorney noted Morphew is being tracked by a GPS monitoring system – and that there have been no issues with that system thus far.

Are we to believe that it would be common practice for Suzanne to take her cell charger with her on a casual bike ride ? Hmmm. Not likely. More like - someone took it - along with her cell phone - in the heat of the moment. Ready to trash them both. Obviously between trash dump 1 - 5. Take your pick. That little detail speaks volumes. Where is her cell phone charger ??

We're on a quick lunch break!

Biggest update- Judge Lama finds DA Linda Stanley violated the gag order set forth by Judge Murphy. The defense has decided to do without major punishment. They'll discuss more of what they're seeking after the break. @KKTV11News #BarryMorphew

Judge says statements made by the DA on the "Profiling Evil" podcast were inappropriate. Says she continued to make statements after Judge Murphy reiterated the order and says any violations after that in-Judge Murphys words-are considered a "self-inflicted wound"
#BarryMorphew

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1486022553483321348?s=21

I gave myself a little pep talk earlier today.

This all an attempt to create reasonable doubt. None of it is stronger than all of the evidence. BM's movements at the house that day, his data and electronic trail, his trash dumps. The wall job. The interviews he gave. His ridiculous claim of shooting chipmunks. The tranq dart sheath. Looking for a dead turkey in the woods. Suzanne's own words to her BFF, her sister and JL. And the list goes on. Mountains of stuff that points to BM that can not be explained away. Too much to be coincidence.

He had motive. He had means. He had opportunity.

There is no bushy haired stranger who left touch DNA on Suzanne's car and also very thoroughly framed BM and made him act the way he did and say the things he said.

The prosecution needs to pull it together and come out swinging.

MOO

Prosecution needs more than what they have, IMO. They need some solid EVIDENCE. Take the trash dumps, for example. What is illegal about dumping trash? So what if he dumped more than once, in different dumpsters? Do they know what he dumped? Bloody clothing from the crime scene for example? The answer is no.

I assume the police went over the house with Luminol (which reveals bloodstains which have been scrubbed.) I don't believe they found anything.

All BM has to do is not take the stand, and keep his mouth shut from now on. There is no way he can be convicted with the evidence they have. Frankly I am very surprised the district attorney is going to trial with this paltry amount of evidence. The most they have is a tranquilizer dart cover found in the dryer, that has the victims DNA on it. Useless. And a loose .22 round on the floor. So what? Unless there is something major I am not aware of, there is no way a responsible jury will convict, IMO.

Biggest update- Judge Lama finds DA Linda Stanley violated the gag order set forth by Judge Murphy. The defense has decided to do without major punishment. They'll discuss more of what they're seeking after the break. @KKTV11News #BarryMorphew

Judge says statements made by the DA on the "Profiling Evil" podcast were inappropriate. Says she continued to make statements after Judge Murphy reiterated the order and says any violations after that in-Judge Murphys words-are considered a "self-inflicted wound"
#BarryMorphew
Dang! This judge though likely fair is really giving a lot to the defense.
If dreams came true, I would dream that Dan May would prosecute this case!
And where is DA Stanley anyway?

#BarryMorphew

I haven't been able to stay up to date on Suzanne's case but seeing this today really made my heart sink. I was back and forth on the fence and off, after she went on that show. I'm not at all surprised to see this from the new judge, but it sure makes me feel sick. It seems the lure of YT is just too much for some folks. Ugh.

#BarryMorphew
BBM - hazard any guesses as to what they will be seeking in lieu of major punishment???

Kumquats & Cucumbers?
@Corrupted1967 Agreeing w you that prosecutor's case against BM may have some weaknesses.

Altho prosecutors in both homicides cases share the no-body obstacle, Dan the man had one extraordinary advantage that this prosecutor team lacks:
A witness who cleaned up the bloody death scene and who testified about that, as well as what Frazee the defendant said & did over a period of months in exploring ways to kill.
The contrast between the two cases is not apples & oranges, but more like kumquats & cucumbers, imo.
my2ct.
Agree there are not that many similarities other than in neither case has the body been found and they are both in the same region-ish of Colorado and both were by all appearances wonderful women who had much to live for.

I haven't been able to stay up to date on Suzanne's case but seeing this today really made my heart sink. I was back and forth on the fence and off, after she went on that show. I'm not at all surprised to see this from the new judge, but it sure makes me feel sick. It seems the lure of YT is just too much for some folks. Ugh.
^^bbm

Personally -- I supported DA Stanley qualifying her response during the PE episode on what she said and did not say about the case with the exception of confirming the staredown with BM in the courtroom which was brought up by the host and not Stanley. I agree that this seemed more about the YT audience since there did not appear to be any mention about the presser the prosecution team gave to Fox21 (LS) following the PH. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member