Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing Earth shattering, just noticed that BM stated that SM usually rode her bike in the morning. Even narrowed it down to “ between 8 and 9 a.m.” He told LE this on the phone before he ever arrived at the bike scene ( after several attempts to reach him).

Close friends who followed SM on her Instagram stories, her sister and even JL say she always rode in the afternoon.
WHY did BM want to portray an early morning bike ride?
Saw that too! Especially in contrast to others saying she rode in the afternoon.

Barry's trailer likely has ramps. The tilting is just to unhook it from his truck.

JMO

Thank you for that info Megnut.

I looked at pics of his trailer and it looks like he doesn't have ramps but probably doesn't need them either. Once he loosens the trailer hitch from his truck, the motion of driving forward with his bobcat would be enough to tilt the trailer.

On another topic, these are interesting photos from the AA of BM and his trailered bobcat. Notice the 2nd photo of him getting in to his cat. If Barry was in the hot tub and then (without putting on shoes because he didn't want to leave cadaver smells) moved his bobcat off the trailer, these photos show how a bare foot print could end up in the bucket.

Attachments

• 89-012822.Suzanne.Bobcat.PE-89.jpg
    89-012822.Suzanne.Bobcat.PE-89.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 55
I am still hung up on Barry’s random offering up of the bleach and ammonia incident where he alleged Suzanne was made anxious because it was interfering with her chemo. She was not undergoing chemo and this incident was supposedly in Indiana in 2015. Did he attempt an accidental previous death that didn’t happen and if so wouldn’t there be medical records of Paramedics/EMTs/ER? Is this Barry’s way of intertwining the bleach odor into the landscape? I would be interested in @mrjitty and what he thinks of this with his interest in staging and how it may relate. IMO
As far as Barry bathing in the hot tub, if you were trying to eliminate cadaverine or traces of any kind of evidence wouldn’t a shower serve better? Hot tubs are full of skin, dna, chemicals and more. I don’t discount that he showered at some point but likely not PP where the drains and more were checked for evidence. IMO He may however have placed Suzanne in the hot tub or river necessitating his use of the swim trunks to retrieve her and obviously they went with him rather than landing in the laundry. Those trunks were taken away from the house for a reason. Why he didn’t discard them with the boot laces is beyond me.
As much as I would love to find Suzanne’s remains Barry seems pretty confident she will never be found. He could have drained the hot tub while shopping in Salida, returned and placed a sedated Suzanne in the hot tub and doused her with a mix of bleach and ammonia or even bleach and hand sanitizer. She would have literally dissolved and he then drained the hot tub. No cadaverine and no evidence. He could have placed her there and allowed her to drown. I know it seems far fetched but she wasn’t abducted by an alien and how do we account for no cadaverine in the home? He could have cleaned the hot tub again and maybe took a dip himself because you know it’s relaxing like multiple showers a day.

With all the data we have with his cell phone going in and out of airplane mode, truck data telling us when doors are closed and when doors opened and when the truck stoppef or was backed up.......It amazes me in the May 21 interview in the AA (page 23) he stone faced lied to the agents and thought he was just going to be believed.

He said in part, that they had soup for lunch, laid out on the patio together in the sun, basically spending the day together and then that night they grilled steaks, oh, and no one left the house, he left his phone alone so they could spend a nice evening together.

Unbelievable....
All that with drunk eyes. :rolleyes:

Nothing Earth shattering, just noticed that BM stated that SM usually rode her bike in the morning. Even narrowed it down to “ between 8 and 9 a.m.” He told LE this on the phone before he ever arrived at the bike scene ( after several attempts to reach him).

Close friends who followed SM on her Instagram stories, her sister and even JL say she always rode in the afternoon.
WHY did BM want to portray an early morning bike ride?
I think BM wanted "morning ride" to fit with his story about SM riding before attending church service.

All that with drunk eyes. :rolleyes:
Is it possible that Barry shot her from behind the home knowing that she was sending the pic to her lover or alternatively that she was literally in the midst of sending that pic when the tranq started to kick in? Drunk eyes indeed. Tragic.
Eta Barry admitted to having his scope on the 22 if I recall. Cameras had been removed.

Last edited:
This is good development.

I think the laundry was on Saturday. CCTV shorts, the dart.

I think all Barry's truck activity on Saturday was Busy B getting everything set for the following morning. He did laundry. Grilled a steak. Burned some things.

IMO he left the house at 10:30 pm FOR GOOD.

When he returned at 3:30, he engaged the Bobcat (IMO that's the most logical reason and timing for the transfer of cadaverine), and as you suggest, he bathed in the hot tub!!! He may have poured extra chlorine in for good measure!! And Suzanne's towel might have been right there! Now he's rid of cadaverine so none is ever alerted to in his truck. Maybe he even added chlorine to the clothes he'd worn overnight.

He tries to get into the hotel by a side door because HE smells like a hotel pool!

Multiple showers to try to dilute himself!

I'd like to know if Suzanne was a lights on or a lights off sort of person... during the day.

How did Barry leave the lights at PP when he drove away?

JMO
JMO, but I feel chlorine is going to play a role in Suzanne's murder. He got rid of cadaverine at PP by using the hot tub to wash himself and his clothes, and at the hotel by showering with chlorine. Suzanne's towel could have gone in one of the dumpsters in Broomfield.

I think he did everything under the cover of darkness including keeping the lights off both inside and outside the house.

What did the coward do with Suzanne?

JMO

Monarch Pass (and the Monarch Ski Resort) is situated 25 miles west of Salida (US 50). The pass acts as a border between Chaffee and Gunnison counties.

The driving distance from Puma Path to the town of Gunnison where the daughters reside is only about 50 miles or an hour's drive.

Driving to Gunnison via US 50, you actually touch three counties: Chaffee, Saguache, and Gunnison.

Good county maps at the following links:

Monarch Pass, a mountain road in Colorado. - Roadstotravel

https://www.gunnisoncounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/9634/County-Wide-Map-2019?bidId=
Thanks @Seattle1 !

@Cindizzi

I'm only as far as page 29.
On page 25. I only see:

"When questioned of anything recently that 'might have been a first' for Susan, Barry responded that she started taking THC/CBD edibles and oils [about a month "before she left"] Barry reported that she was getting it from "a guy in Westcliffe" named Tim and that Barry could provide Tim's contact. (35)

Point 35 says: "See interview summary of Timonthy Agnes in Section 5. Barry purchased CBD oil from Agnes in 2019."

(This is what I had to go on, thus why I made my comment).

deleted this as I already posted

Good one! Bam! I can see on page 27 of the AA its says: "Barry stated, "I change shirts all the time," when told by CBI that he changed shirts twice after getting to the hotel.

When asked why, he stated, "I don't even recall changing shirts that day."

What an idiot!

Did he really think there weren't cameras---- oh yeah that's right he told law enforcement to go look at the cameras and prove where he was. What an idiot!

"Did he really think there weren't cameras---- oh yeah that's right he told law enforcement to go look at the cameras and prove where he was."

When I first saw this snap from the hotel, I thought, and still do think, Barry is looking at the camera. Is he grinning at the hotel surveillance camera?
I lightened the image a bit.

Screenshot 2022-01-31 9.13.19 PM.png

Page 30 of 92
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...est/21CR78/People Exhibits Prelim Hearing.pdf

My son had the Rona, so I am a little behind. I’ve still been silent in the background, just curious from everyone how important is it that Cahill lied on the stand confirmed by the state?? I seriously feel this is important regardless of the evidence! Will this change anything about the evidence of the case!?!
I sure hope your son is doing better.

My daughter is a social worker and both my grandkiddos have been down with it also. UGH

Ive been trying to help her out but also trying to keep my distance LOL so havent had much time to dig into Cahill's stuff.
Hope to get caught up tonight, before court tomorrow.

Take care

"Did he really think there weren't cameras---- oh yeah that's right he told law enforcement to go look at the cameras and prove where he was."

When I first saw this snap from the hotel, I thought, and still do think, Barry is looking at the camera. Is he grinning at the hotel surveillance camera?

View attachment 332128

Page 30 of 92
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/People Exhibits Prelim Hearing.pdf
Yeah..he looks pretty arrogant there, like he knew the camera was there and he was looking out for cameras surrounding the place.

Thank you for that info Megnut.

I looked at pics of his trailer and it looks like he doesn't have ramps but probably doesn't need them either. Once he loosens the trailer hitch from his truck, the motion of driving forward with his bobcat would be enough to tilt the trailer.

On another topic, these are interesting photos from the AA of BM and his trailered bobcat. Notice the 2nd photo of him getting in to his cat. If Barry was in the hot tub and then (without putting on shoes because he didn't want to leave cadaver smells) moved his bobcat off the trailer, these photos show how a bare foot print could end up in the bucket.

Those photos are an excellent find!

I think he made a tactical error!!! Standing on his trailer, getting into his Bobcat, sitting for longer than the standing and getting in, and all before he showered!

He had to have done that after he disposed of her, for cadaverine to transfer.

Why did Barry untrailer the Bobcat? Why did he leave it at home?

And why did he need to replace the blade on MDW?

I wish we could figure this out and insodoing pinpoint where he went with her.

JMO

I think BM wanted "morning ride" to fit with his story about SM riding before attending church service.
I wonder if BM telling LE that she usually left for her bike rides around 8 or 9 am is because in his mind he knows that that bike has been in the ravine since before daylight.
He’s driving back from Broomfield and LE calls him to say they found the bike. He doesn’t know what else they may know at that point.
It would be crazy if someone came forward and said they saw the bike early that day, because who would see it and not check to see if a person was hurt or why an expensive bike was down there. But BM didn’t know if that might happen or not so I think he was CYA in case. Consciousness of guilt if you ask me.
Also, by saying that whatever happened to SM ( abduction, accident, mountain lion etc) must have happened that early in the day would explain why no one could reach her by phone.
JMO
Just my crazy ramblings lol.

View attachment 332128

Page 30 of 92
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/People Exhibits Prelim Hearing.pdf

Creeped me out. Worse, lightened. In light of what he's accused of, he looks smug. I don't like it.

JMO

We have Barry's call log. From 4:30 on MD forward, were we bowled over at just how many people he called, reaching out to see if they'd spoken with her, knew where she might be? Any calls to her family? To SO? Any local friends? Hospitals?

He staged a bike but forgot to play the role.

JMO

It was absolutely vital that he sell the bike ride, and I have zero doubt that's what he was doing.

She woke up, went for a bike ride, and would have attended virtual church. Just a normal Sunday...

But CBD Tim and his partner Aloe Vera Larry had other plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow