Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Did he really think there weren't cameras---- oh yeah that's right he told law enforcement to go look at the cameras and prove where he was."

When I first saw this snap from the hotel, I thought, and still do think, Barry is looking at the camera. Is he grinning at the hotel surveillance camera?
I lightened the image a bit.

View attachment 332128

Page 30 of 92
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/People Exhibits Prelim Hearing.pdf

At 3:15 he says he did nothing wrong in that hotel ! There’s cameras all over that hotel!

Nothing Earth shattering, just noticed that BM stated that SM usually rode her bike in the morning. Even narrowed it down to “ between 8 and 9 a.m.” He told LE this on the phone before he ever arrived at the bike scene ( after several attempts to reach him).

Close friends who followed SM on her Instagram stories, her sister and even JL say she always rode in the afternoon.
WHY did BM want to portray an early morning bike ride?
He didn't know Suzanne very well. He would have known she went on rides in the afternoon. Were the girls expected back from their trip by about noon?

JMO

He didn't know Suzanne very well. He would have known she went on rides in the afternoon. Were the girls expected back from their trip by about noon?

JMO
I’m not sure if anyone has said when they were due back home. I just remember that BM said to TD in their roadside encounter that the girls “ were running late “.

Those photos are an excellent find!

I think he made a tactical error!!! Standing on his trailer, getting into his Bobcat, sitting for longer than the standing and getting in, and all before he showered!

He had to have done that after he disposed of her, for cadaverine to transfer.

Why did Barry untrailer the Bobcat? Why did he leave it at home?

And why did he need to replace the blade on MDW?

I wish we could figure this out and insodoing pinpoint where he went with her.

JMO

BBM. With thanks to AmandaReckonwith for her excellent Photobucket collection!

Photobucket

All the pics released (100 that were on Fox 21 article) are now in the Case Archive.

So tomorrow morning February 1, 2022 we have a Motions hearing, and by all reports the Judge will address the Motion for Change of Venue.

So does anyone know what this
is about on February 24 that says it’s a “ Motion for a New Trial “ hearing ?

I’ll say it again—. WHY aren’t Motion documents being uploaded to the Court site?

Hopefully with this new Judge and the recent release of the PH exhibits, that’s about to change.
JMO

Attachments

• A76A83CF-7981-4A6B-836E-C8E6B887F28A.jpeg
    A76A83CF-7981-4A6B-836E-C8E6B887F28A.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 11
So tomorrow morning February 1, 2022 we have a Motions hearing, and by all reports the Judge will address the Motion for Change of Venue.

So does anyone know what this
is about on February 24 that says it’s a “ Motion for a New Trial “ hearing ?

I’ll say it again—. WHY aren’t Motion documents being uploaded to the Court site?

Hopefully with this new Judge and the recent release of the PH exhibits, that’s about to change.
JMO
That's been on the docket for a while, and I'm not sure. I thought that might have been for change of venue, but apparently that is supposed to be ruled on tomorrow.

This case has been the worst in regards to documents being uploaded to that court site. I'm not sure if it's due to it being a small district, or what.

It isn’t funny this sordid tale of disposal of evidence. However, I found myself grinning a couple of times when I think of BM trying to get rid of every single bit of evidence. He thought he knew enough, that he was smart enough not to be caught with any forensic evidence on his body or clothes.
I have pictured in my head the evidence as a bag of flour that spilled in BM’s truck. Every time he touched something he got flour on him. He tried to get it all out, but it was everywhere! He’d go and take a shower and change his shirt, but then he’d touch something else and he’d get traces of flour on him again. Back to the shower; change his shirt. And then it would repeat again. It must have been exhausting!

At 3:15 he says he did nothing wrong in that hotel ! There’s cameras all over that hotel!
But in his mind, he didn’t do anything wrong in that hotel. He showered, read his mail, took a nap, played out his alibi. He was saying “I know there’s cameras everywhere and you can see that I didn’t do anything wrong!”

It isn’t funny this sordid tale of disposal of evidence. However, I found myself grinning a couple of times when I think of BM trying to get rid of every single bit of evidence. He thought he knew enough, that he was smart enough not to be caught with any forensic evidence on his body or clothes.
I have pictured in my head the evidence as a bag of flour that spilled in BM’s truck. Every time he touched something he got flour on him. He tried to get it all out, but it was everywhere! He’d go and take a shower and change his shirt, but then he’d touch something else and he’d get traces of flour on him again. Back to the shower; change his shirt. And then it would repeat again. It must have been exhausting!
I would have loved to have a front row seat and see his face when the hotel footage and trash runs were shown in Court.
Great to see you again @OldCop .
Agreed nothing is humorous except for his idiocy.
JMO

Like driving a smoker in BMs truck would even be noticable in the condition it was in.
I wonder who shoveled that garage out when he moved. No way he took that crappo with.
Either he's an awful lucky guy or he was a man on a mission. moo

I wonder if BM telling LE that she usually left for her bike rides around 8 or 9 am is because in his mind he knows that that bike has been in the ravine since before daylight.
He’s driving back from Broomfield and LE calls him to say they found the bike. He doesn’t know what else they may know at that point.
It would be crazy if someone came forward and said they saw the bike early that day, because who would see it and not check to see if a person was hurt or why an expensive bike was down there. But BM didn’t know if that might happen or not so I think he was CYA in case. Consciousness of guilt if you ask me.
Also, by saying that whatever happened to SM ( abduction, accident, mountain lion etc) must have happened that early in the day would explain why no one could reach her by phone.
JMO
Just my crazy ramblings lol.

Making perfect sense. MOO

Ok....wait a minute...

I must have really forgot alot of stuff in this AA.

Page 33 Am I reading this right??

"On May 4th 2020 at 4:04 p.m., Barry made an outgoing call to Susan that lasted 3 seconds. This was the first logged call in Barry's phone to or from Susan since February 7th 2020."

Am I reading this right? They went almost 3 months with no calling each other?

Like driving a smoker in BMs truck would even be noticable in the condition it was in.
I wonder who shoveled that garage out when he moved. No way he took that crappo with.
Either he's an awful lucky guy or he was a man on a mission. moo
Yeah we all know that BM drove MG in his truck to and from the job site on Saturday ( and probably plenty of other times).
It would make way more sense if MG said she would rather take her own car to Broomfield because she couldn’t go that long without a smoke. ( I’m a smoker).
But for BM to make a plan to pick her up at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday and then leave by himself at 4:00 or 5:00 a.m. without calling her and then calling her at 11:00 a.m to round up a crew and then telling LE he did that because he didn’t want her smoking in his truck is just CRAZY STUPID . JMO

Ok....wait a minute...

I must have really forgot alot of stuff in this AA.

Page 33 Am I reading this right??

"On May 4th 2020 at 4:04 p.m., Barry made an outgoing call to Susan that lasted 3 seconds. This was the first logged call in Barry's phone to or from Susan since February 7th 2020."

Am I reading this right? They went almost 3 months with no calling each other?
MOO they probably mostly textednwhen away and talked in person.

Those photos are an excellent find!

I think he made a tactical error!!! Standing on his trailer, getting into his Bobcat, sitting for longer than the standing and getting in, and all before he showered!

He had to have done that after he disposed of her, for cadaverine to transfer.

Why did Barry untrailer the Bobcat? Why did he leave it at home?

And why did he need to replace the blade on MDW?

I wish we could figure this out and insodoing pinpoint where he went with her.

JMO
@Megnut
As for that bob cat/skid steer, altho they said it doesn't appear to be connected to SM's disappearance, the paragraph above it does give us some unsettling facts. (Pg 41)

On the west area of the driveway parking area, where the flatbed trailer and bobcat skid steer are parked, all 3 K-9's alerted to possible human decomp/remains on top of the trailer where there was gravel and dirt.

All three K-9's again alerted on the bobcat, and one of the canines jumped into the bobcat and wanted to lay down on the driver seat.

( by laying down, this is how K-9's alert their handlers of decomp )
Cadaver Dogs Do Spooky but Necessary Work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members