Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn’t but a horrible person DID murder her, not a good one. His being a conman and groping Holly should come in. If his defense brings up what a Godly man he is, all of that should be laid bare by the prosecution.
They will be able to cross examination of any witnesses defense calls just as defense can cross examine any prosecution witnesses.

"Character Evidence, Generally."
Judge L's order contains an unredacted quote from Judge M's order temporarily sealing the AA, which reveals his incomplete list of possibly inadmissible evidence:
1. Nearly 100 footnotes containing LE comments on the veracity of BM's statements;
2. Disclosure that BM refused a lie detector test;
3. Photos of BM being interviewed;
4. Witness statements supporting SM's reputation and character as a good person;
5. Witness statements expressing negative views about BM's reputation and character, his likely guilt, his sexual history, and unrelated business transactions;
6. Information about the Ms' marital issues, and SM's affair.
I have not heard that the defense has actually moved to exclude this evidence, but I assume they will. Should be interesting!
@CGray123 Thx for your post.
A poster asked if ^ items will be inadmissible at trial.
I can't imagine much of the character stuff will come in, as a lot of it is unrelated to the crime itself....
Showing that he's a horrible person doesn't prove he is a murderer.
@MassGuy bbm sbm Thx for your response. Agreeing w you.
CO. Rule of Evidence 404* addresses "Character Evidence, Generally." Although the Rule allows for a few exceptions, for the most part character evidence is inadmissible.
my2ct

Last edited:
Any updates from court? This is my first free second all day! Excuse me if this has already been covered
They're still in session. I just spoke to @NoSI and she said Iris was still doing that thing where she talks in circles (my characterization). She's going on about emails and discovery.

I think she went back inside to catch the end, which should be in about 15 minutes.

You know what's missing?

Everybody else is trying to make sense of Suzanne being missing. Unreachable. Searching, stretching, you can practically feel them working through disbelief. She shouldn't be gone... we've got to find her.

Only one person hits the ground with a different starting point.

HIS story begins at the bike.

Everybody else is processing. He doesn't have to. And he forgot to back up his acting a few degrees.

He doesn't run home to check for himself, he doesn't enquire about hospitals.

I can't fathom anyone, upon learning their family member hasn't been located, instantly accepting they're not going to be found!!

He is devoid of urgency, devoid of disbelief!!!

JMO
You have such a way with words.
MOO.

I know I would have been calling out for my husband. I would have asked the officers, did you check everywhere? Just frantic and probably useless at that point to yell for him, but I would still likely be doing that. He just sorta strolled in and didn't even seem to be looking around. I would want to look around at least with my head side to side trying to see if something was out of place.. he didn't even seem concerned. It's like he knew what happened or something....
BBM
Met too!!!!

When he and law enforcement went in the house to find some clothes for the dogs, the law enforcement officer made the comment that BM never called out her name, didn't try to search for her in the house, which would only be natural. The LE found it uncomfortably odd.

And the other thing that's freaky odd for someone who is innocent, after he left to the HIE he waited 75 miles down the road before he tried to call her phone. ( I think that's what the AA said).

They're still in session. I just spoke to @NoSI and she said Iris was still doing that thing where she talks in circles (my characterization). She's going on about emails and discovery.

I think she went back inside to catch the end, which should be in about 15 minutes.

Accurate characterization, I really hope we don’t have to wait until 8 pm for an update because I’m very inpatient haha

I had an instance where a loved one was missing (thankfully located) and I had to talk to LE. The police were very calm and methodical and I was at fever pitch. I wanted them to go back to where they might be, begging them to check a location, call the phone again. I believe I threatened the officer at some point because I felt he was not working quickly or was thorough enough. There was no “shook” in Barry. I would absolutely have requested that an officer accompany me while I checked my house again. They might say no, but I would have asked repeatedly, just to make sure they missed nothing. Kinda felt like everybody was giving him the side eye too.

Iris and Barry...what a pair.

Though they are very different, they seem to share the propensity for circular arguments and splainin'.

Poor Suzanne, my head hurts

I had an instance where a loved one was missing (thankfully located) and I had to talk to LE. The police were very calm and methodical and I was at fever pitch. I wanted them to go back to where they might be, begging them to check a location, call the phone again. I believe I threatened the officer at some point because I felt he was not working quickly or was thorough enough. There was no “shook” in Barry. I would absolutely have requested that an officer accompany me while I checked my house again. They might say no, but I would have asked repeatedly, just to make sure they missed nothing. Kinda felt like everybody was giving him the side eye too.
No shook.
Apt description.
MOO.

Hey, Hold Up, Wait a Sec.
...When he and law enforcement went in the house to find some clothes for the dogs,...
@Warwick7 sbm
They went in the house to find :confused:clothes for the dogs?:eek:
What's that all about? o_O
Halloween pets' costume contest?
Mardi Gras party?
Fourth of July parade?

Oh, to provide SM's scent for the dogs.
Now I get it. Sorry.:rolleyes: :D

From Scott Reisch Video Above - brief overview

Change of Venue response brief factors to be considered:

Size and type of locale (16,535 18+ yo residents), reputation of the victim (annual memorial Christmas tree in Suzanne's honor), the revealed sources of the news story (Lauren Scharf and FOX21NEWS), the specificity of the account of certain facts, the volume and intensity of coverage (DA LS gets blasted for her interview on PE), the extent of comment by the news reports of facts of the case, the manner of presentation and the proximity of the time of trial and the publication of highly incriminating facts not admissible at trial (Court has concerns over info in the 130 AA, 100+ footnotes).

Last edited:
I’ve been away for a bit.. but popping in as I heard the change of venue news. Fine by me! He will be just a short ride to the maximum security Colorado State Penitentiary after his CONVICTION.

They can move the trial anywhere they want - I’m six states away and even I know he’s guilty!

#JusticeForSuzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member