Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of morbid thinking here... Have you ever tried to remove a big ring from a deceased body? Unless the ring is loose-fitting, it is no easy task. I work in hospice and elder care and have experience in doing so. The string/thread and soap trick does work, but I suspect BM would not know of it, or have the patience to do it.

I do not think BM would leave that ring even if it meant removing Suzanne 's finger to retrieve it.

Take a look at People’s Exhibit 32 - the photo showing BM standing in front of the elevators at the hotel, carrying two blue bags, the boots, and what looks like some loose clothing.

I see two things of interest:
  1. Those two blue bags look like they are the same color as the sheets in the dryer. Are they the two pillow cases that go with the sheets and not plastic bags? Did BM take them to carry items away from the house?
  2. It looks to me like there is an item in one of those bags that may be the bike helmet that was found May 12. It appears to have the clamshell shape and linear holes and the sort of back fin or whatever you call it that mountain bike helmets have. And it looks like the right size. I can’t see the color through the bag, but can see what looks like a dark strap.

I would like to know if Suzanne went for a walk in the development on the evening of 5/6.

Timing is critical.

Because the next morning she WAS DONE.

And her list of 50 Reasons was compiled/updated.

Barry deer/zipper.

I still think it's possible it wasn't Barry and Suzanne and all.

But Barry and a woman, assumed to be his wife.

Moreover, somebody Barry himself associated with meeting at a dumpster.

And I think Suzanne caught him the lie. He wasn't checking his deer at all.

He was checking his dear.

JMO

Last edited:
The prosecutors appear to be laying all of their physical evidence on one dart cap found in the dryer. If one commits murder, it is unlikely that the first thing on their mind would be doing laundry. They most likely would bag up any clothes for disposal to hide any possible evidence.
There's a whole lot more than a dart cap...

@MassGuy stated in an earlier post:

"Wow. Where to start......
......You focus on "would Suzanne run away," but that's the wrong question. The real question is "could Suzanne have run away," to which the answer is an unequivocal "no."

He arrives home, and her footprint ceases. There is absolutely no sign of life. Not a text, not a phone call, not a Google search; nothing.

His phone and truck data put him outside, when he claimed to be sleeping. Shortly after, her phone shuts down, just as he's leaving the house.

He puts himself at the helmet location, then proceeds to dump trash, and lie over and over to both the CBI and FBI about what he did, and where he was (he's on surveillance, and lies anyway).
He did almost no work, and spent hours in his hotel room. Then he lied repeatedly to various people about where he was when he got that phone call.

Other lies include shooting deer for antlers that they do not have, and following a herd of elk that do not herd that time of year.

They ate steaks off different plates, then ate one steak off the same plate (to match the evidence).

He said they had a perfect marriage, yet deleted texts proved otherwise.

In order to believe Barry is innocent, one literally has to ignore just about everything, and make insane leaps of logic that run contrary to the evidence.

You'd have to believe that Suzanne went on a bike ride without ever checking her phone, at a location she would never go, and forget things she would never forget.

And then was magically abducted. How convenient. Especially considering she had just asked for a divorce days before.

And of course, one would have to believe that dozens and dozens of lies mean nothing.

And everything else I can't be bothered to mention.

I'm not going to say that Barry is definitely going to be convicted, as that's unknowable. Stranger things have happened. But I can say that the evidence leaves me with absolutely no doubt as to his guilt, which certainly isn't always the case."

Suzanne wanted out. For all the reasons she tried to document. But I think it's fair to say she was also conflicted. Barry wasn't changing... but Barry was also confounding the situation -- pressuring her -- religion, money, the children -- plus, as we've seen ourselves, Barry has an answer for everything, and answers and the truth are rarely in the same room. This is the art of gas lighting. Fast answers, a straight out denial of one's reality/ assessment/perception, answers that contain an element of fact. He could have been checking his deer, his prostate could have unzipped his pants, but IMO Suzanne caught him concretely-- because Barry was telling her he was a Godly family man, the she was his angel, that he wanted to love her, be married, etc, etc -- and that's a hard tug, especially for an empath who wants naturally to make everyone happy....

IMO something happened on 5/6 the blew Suzanne's eyes wide open.

It accelerated her plan.

And tragically it accelerated his.

JMO

Last edited:
There's a whole lot more than a dart cap...

@MassGuy stated in an earlier post:

"Wow. Where to start......
......You focus on "would Suzanne run away," but that's the wrong question. The real question is "could Suzanne have run away," to which the answer is an unequivocal "no."

He arrives home, and her footprint ceases. There is absolutely no sign of life. Not a text, not a phone call, not a Google search; nothing.

His phone and truck data put him outside, when he claimed to be sleeping. Shortly after, her phone shuts down, just as he's leaving the house.

He puts himself at the helmet location, then proceeds to dump trash, and lie over and over to both the CBI and FBI about what he did, and where he was (he's on surveillance, and lies anyway).
He did almost no work, and spent hours in his hotel room. Then he lied repeatedly to various people about where he was when he got that phone call.

Other lies include shooting deer for antlers that they do not have, and following a herd of elk that do not herd that time of year.

They ate steaks off different plates, then ate one steak off the same plate (to match the evidence).

He said they had a perfect marriage, yet deleted texts proved otherwise.

In order to believe Barry is innocent, one literally has to ignore just about everything, and make insane leaps of logic that run contrary to the evidence.

You'd have to believe that Suzanne went on a bike ride without ever checking her phone, at a location she would never go, and forget things she would never forget.

And then was magically abducted. How convenient. Especially considering she had just asked for a divorce days before.

And of course, one would have to believe that dozens and dozens of lies mean nothing.

And everything else I can't be bothered to mention.

I'm not going to say that Barry is definitely going to be convicted, as that's unknowable. Stranger things have happened. But I can say that the evidence leaves me with absolutely no doubt as to his guilt, which certainly isn't always the case."
Ignore all of that. It’s the guy that touched the glove box of Suzanne’s truck. #sarcasm

I think it's pretty far fetched to think 1) a dart cap would go unnoticed in the dryer drum for any length of time and 2) BM is into this one pair of shorts so much that he decided to wash them while throwing all other clothing evidence away. We also have to take into account that he was obviously very careful to avoid tracking any scent into the house after the crime was committed.

My theory has always been that he preloaded that dart sometime prior to his lunchtime arrival at PP, stuck the dart cap in his pocket and forgot about it. To me, this is supported by the manner in which he arrives at the house the last time, jumping out of the truck and leaving the door open while running around....like he had the gun already loaded and with him in his truck.

This makes sense!! What if he actually had that dart loaded on Friday? Would love to see his outfit from the photo Suzanne texted to the girls of him getting pizza. If it's the same outfit that is in the wash then I bet she did start that load of laundry.. she grabbed the sheets and his pile of clothing and tossed it all in on Saturday morning to wash.

That photo shows such a desire on Suzanne's part to give MM1 and MM2 a sense of family stability, as in a 'hey girls, dad and I are out for pizza but miss you' kinda way.
And for all we know Friday night could have been a normal kind of night for those two. Sounds like they had been the Bickerson's for awhile so in between that were probably very "normal" periods like a Friday night pizza pickup. It sounds like LE does have it right when they refined the time period to Saturday afternoon to Sunday night. Everything outside that either didn't pan out (like the River home project and the Longhorn searches) or are fully explainable and backed up with data. I think the dates are right in the prosecution theory. Without finding Suzanne so many questions people ask are just not going to be answered or aren't revealed from the searches and the info we have to date (like her ring for example). I just don't see investigators having spent time in the last year or so combing through family images to see if she wore it all the time or just sometimes as it really has no relevancy to the case in my opinion.

I would like to know if Suzanne went for a walk in the development on the evening of 5/6.

Timing is critical.

Because the next morning she WAS DONE.

And her list of 50 Reasons was compiled/updated.

Barry deer/zipper.

I still think it's possible it wasn't Barry and Suzanne and all.

But Barry and a woman, assumed to be his wife.

Moreover, somebody Barry himself associated with meeting at a dumpster.

And I think Suzanne caught him the lie. He wasn't checking his deer at all.

He was checking his dear.

JMO

It's possible she went for a walk. In the AA it shows her posting on IG on May 6th about 430 a selfie of her mountain biking and it was tagged at " Little Rainbow Trail". I looked that up and it's past Poncha Springs and past the work sites Barry was working on so at least a 20-25 minute drive it seems from their house. That would put her back home maybe 530-6 if she just biked and went home. Let me see where Barry was working with his precious bobcat at that time.

Thanks for posting. In my opinion The hardscaping is terrible, and the cement path leading from the garage to the house looks as crooked as the wall.

He does seem to do shoddy work on his own property, wonder what his finished jobs look like?

There is a spot in the concrete that I think LE may have dug up, you can see some crime/caution tape in the helicopter footage.

Maybe he was trying to find her phone? Thought he could trigger something to it would "ping" I wonder if he was trying "find my phone" or maybe he thought if LE had it, then they would read those texts and believe he was the loving caring husband?

Wouldn't it be interesting if the GPS location of BM's phone could be tracked at the moment each of those texts was sent, then plotted on a map?

Forensic files season 1, episode 1: Helle Craft is killed by her husband but no body is found. Husband killed her in the bedroom and used a freezer to transport her body down to the river, where he used a chainsaw and then a wood chipper to destroy the body. LE would never have known except someone saw the woodchipper left by the river and reported it to police...after digging around they found a painted fingernail and some nightgown fabric and finally a tooth that they were able to identify as Helle's.

Did the dogs alert at the site where the neighbor reported hearing heavy machinery during the night? Or am I misremembering?

Me too, and the pizza place. It was takeout only, maybe even curbside. Someone could've mistaken Shoshona for Suzanne OR it could've been anyone who sent that pic of Barry to the girls.

Suzanne was texting the girls and JL from the Moonlight Pizza parking lot.

My understanding of Suzanne is that she was kind and forgiving to a fault. We haven't seen those texts, but we know from LE testimony that he worked her pretty hard to get her to Tailwinds to meet him. She had been looking at houses in Salida that day.

I believe what Grusing believes. Suzanne was alive and as communicative as ever until 2:44 pm on May 9th.

The prosecutors appear to be laying all of their physical evidence on one dart cap found in the dryer. If one commits murder, it is unlikely that the first thing on their mind would be doing laundry. They most likely would bag up any clothes for disposal to hide any possible evidence.

The defense is all hung up on the dart sheath. The prosecution (at the PH anyway) was laser focused on Barry's behavior and Suzanne's own words.

Suzanne was texting the girls and JL from the Moonlight Pizza parking lot.

My understanding of Suzanne is that she was kind and forgiving to a fault. We haven't seen those texts, but we know from LE testimony that he worked her pretty hard to get her to Tailwinds to meet him. She had been looking at houses in Salida that day.

I believe what Grusing believes. Suzanne was alive and as communicative as ever until 2:44 pm on May 9th.

I agree with this. The LinkedIn messages sound like they came from SM. Especially the "I'm on wa" bit. No way BM is that good of an actor, we've seen his skills firsthand. I think SM sent the pics of Barry in attempts to reassure the girls everything is ok and that she and BM are being civil. She told SO in previous texts that the youngest daughter was worried. The wanna go hiking texts are curious to me, but I guess if BM is pretending to be cool with everything she may have convinced herself they can remain friends.

Yes I remember we looked at this before.

My understanding was this would disable GPS and stop the data sync to the cloud

However the system should still be logging everything else locally as that is core OS of the truck and can't be disabled as far as I can see?

So for the truck to "move" there still needs to be ignition on, and various mph/mpg things logged, even if not synced.

It's so hard to answer some of these questions because we only have the telematics they included in the AA which were most relevant to their argument and not the full exhibit.

e.g my feeling is the Elk run telematics must exist even if they have no GPS - but likely this would take quite a bit of analysis to put together, which was beyond scope at the PH

Ditto, telematics for the "move" to go and buy spa products in the late afternoon don't exist, because he never did it.

I don't think they do. If they did we would know something about what happened in those ten miles (the other of the extra mileage is accounted for in his Broomfield excursions.

I'm sure ignition on is in there, too, but Barry didn't need to turn the truck off until he parked at the HIE. He didn't park or open the door to toss the helmet. He was able to turn around at Garfield without having to put it in reverse. It was acknowledged that whatever it was that he did messed the system up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413