Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if Suzanne went for a walk in the development on the evening of 5/6.

Timing is critical.

Because the next morning she WAS DONE.

And her list of 50 Reasons was compiled/updated.

Barry deer/zipper.

I still think it's possible it wasn't Barry and Suzanne and all.

But Barry and a woman, assumed to be his wife.

Moreover, somebody Barry himself associated with meeting at a dumpster.

And I think Suzanne caught him the lie. He wasn't checking his deer at all.

He was checking his dear.

JMO
What, if Suzanne got a call or sms, that her husband was on Wednesday at the dumpster with someone, he even introduced as his wife?

Last edited:
I think Poncha Market was the last trash run. This was the first time that someone approached Barry during one of his dumps. Since the footage was overwritten, we don’t know if he was digging into the receptacle or pushing stuff down like one of the previous stops.
Btw, I started reading the AA again for at least the 10th time. I highly recommend going back to it now that we have additional context with the bodycams. I see new stuff every time I read it.

I agree that Poncha was the last trash dump. I think it was the unknown device that last connected on the 12th.

I put the new color images where applicable. It's nice to finally have some detail.

Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew

Consider:

Early morning on 5/10, Barry drove 14 unexplained miles. Miles he attempted to conceal. Airplane mode. Withheld from LE.

The helmet wasn't found until later, including after that area was searched.

What if that's not why Barry turned left? Barry used airplane mode, didn't tell LE, then when confronted added the absurd elk story -- which tells me he was hiding something.

What if he didn't stage the helmet until later?

What if it was in one of the bags at the hotel?

The helmet isn't consistent with an animal attack so what if he staged it when the lion didn't get traction?

IMO Suzanne helmet was with her bike on the morning of 5/10. Which is why he took it. Her sunglasses and Camelbak weren't. So he didn't

If he wasn't planting the helmet on the morning of MD he couldn't exactly tell LE that! But what might he have been doing???

14 miles. 7 miles x 2.

It was worth starting out before his start time.

JMO

I would like to know if Suzanne went for a walk in the development on the evening of 5/6.

Timing is critical.

Because the next morning she WAS DONE.

And her list of 50 Reasons was compiled/updated.

Barry deer/zipper.

I still think it's possible it wasn't Barry and Suzanne and all.

But Barry and a woman, assumed to be his wife.

Moreover, somebody Barry himself associated with meeting at a dumpster.

And I think Suzanne caught him the lie. He wasn't checking his deer at all.

He was checking his dear.

JMO
Suzanne's "I'm done" message was sent on the morning of Wednesday, May 6. So they supposedly went for a walk by the dumpster in their neighborhood the same evening. Seems odd, but possible. Maybe they talk better while walking/moving, and a serious discussion was to be had. But I agree, it could have been SD. LE will know. Wish we did. ;)

upload_2022-2-4_10-20-2.png

Consider:

Early morning on 5/10, Barry drove 14 unexplained miles. Miles he attempted to conceal. Airplane mode. Withheld from LE.

The helmet wasn't found until later, including after that area was searched.

What if that's not why Barry turned left? Barry used airplane mode, didn't tell LE, then when confronted added the absurd elk story -- which tells me he was hiding something.

What if he didn't stage the helmet until later?

What if it was in one of the bags at the hotel?

The helmet isn't consistent with an animal attack so what if he staged it when the lion didn't get traction?

IMO Suzanne helmet was with her bike on the morning of 5/10. Which is why he took it. Her sunglasses and Camelbak weren't. So he didn't

If he wasn't planting the helmet on the morning of MD he couldn't exactly tell LE that! But what might he have been doing???

14 miles. 7 miles x 2.

It was worth starting out before his start time.

JMO
bbm
Meeting someone on the side of the road?

Suzanne's "I'm done" message was sent on the morning of Wednesday, May 6. So they supposedly went for a walk by the dumpster in their neighborhood the same evening. Seems odd, but possible. Maybe they talk better while walking/moving, and a serious discussion was to be had. But I agree, it could have been SD. LE will know. Wish we did. ;)

View attachment 332576
As his typically reaction, he had to flee the home after that "unwanted" message, because he was reasonably done also. Why should they have made an evening walk together? To shout at each other in public or chase each other around the community dumpster?? Makes no sense at all. Sense would make a conspiratorial meeting of some sort. IMO

I think FWIW Barry planted her phone.

Recall the early report from LE having located an item/article. Item = phone? helmet? Article = of clothing? helmet?

I think what's key is Barry didn't know either. He knew what he planted; he didn't know what they found.

When he asked LE if they found her phone, IMO it meant he planted it to be found OR he knew they would be looking for it and he knew they couldn't find it. Ever.

I think it's the former. And I think he was genuinely flummoxed. Wanted to know what they did or didn't find.

I think he was in the water looking for it. I think he wanted LE to dredge the river -- to find the phone (or to waste time looking where he knew they wouldn't find her).

I think he texted her phone as a test, hoping to learn LE had it. Somehow in their hands, watching weirdly for incoming messages. I think he was sleuthing. (Though it could've been for the benefit of those tracking HIS messages. See, I care about my wife.)

I wish somebody could find her phone. I believe it's out there. And I believe it's damaged. Extensively. More than would be warranted from a bike ride/ accident that never happened. Weird. Bike's fine. Helmet's fine. Phone, destroyed

JMO

I wonder if Barry thought the phone was still on when he tossed/staged it? Maybe it hits a rock just so and it goes dark. How easy are iPhones to break on a drop? He had plenty of time to delete whatever he didn't want seen.

I'd like to get an army of metal detectors along the southern side of US 50 between Monarch and Maysville.

That's interesting MassGuy. I'd never noticed that map before or connected the 'turkey searching' to that time. Now my mind is swirling.

What was he doing walking east from his property at 12:22? Why walk so far from his house if he was stalking Suzanne? He couldn't see her from there. Could he have been checking his (predug?) burial site for later? Interesting too that where he was pinged is off of the building envelope for Lot 2 of Monarch River Estates so not likely to be disturbed in later years.

Just throwing out a random thought here.

That's a lot farther from the house than I had originally pictured. It's also very close to lot #2, which gained some interest early on as a location where some sapling trees that appeared possibly newly planted were located.

Hmm.

I agree that Poncha was the last trash dump. I think it was the unknown device that last connected on the 12th.

I put the new color images where applicable. It's nice to finally have some detail.

Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew
The last call happened at 05:58 pm on 05.12.2020. Does the time fit?

I don't think they do. If they did we would know something about what happened in those ten miles (the other of the extra mileage is accounted for in his Broomfield excursions.

I'm sure ignition on is in there, too, but Barry didn't need to turn the truck off until he parked at the HIE. He didn't park or open the door to toss the helmet. He was able to turn around at Garfield without having to put it in reverse. It was acknowledged that whatever it was that he did messed the system up.

Yeah - i started looking in the Truck manual and an online forum some weeks back about pulling that fuse and resetting the truck data - one reason you might do this is if you sell the truck.

But it seems like he didn't actually delete data. But if he did pull the fuse, then GPS wouldn't be tracked/logged, and nothing is synced to the cloud. (I believe some of these systems make use of an app on your phone to do cloud upload). I think other basic data is still logged - e.g on any car there's data that is reported to the drivers console like speed, economy, etc etc and a stack of stuff going on under the hood as part of the truck electrics

Short version, I think there is no way to identify what he broke/messed up, and what was logged, short of being a Telematics engineer and getting deep into it.

Hopefully this will happen at trial!

Me too, and the pizza place. It was takeout only, maybe even curbside. Someone could've mistaken Shoshona for Suzanne OR it could've been anyone who sent that pic of Barry to the girls.

Interesting. So, more questions:
1. Is BM the only witness to the Moonlight Pizza run? Do we have GPS data showing that SM was there? What happened to the pizza boxes? Were they in the trash at PP or did BM dispose of those on his Broomfield trash run (aka "big job")?
2. Assuming BM managed to tap into SM's phone and send texts, when is the earliest this could have occurred? Could BM or a third party have taken the Moonlight Pizza photo and then it was texted as coming from SM? If so, what purpose would that have served?
3. Although I don't think SD and SM look much alike, if you didn't know SM and were introduced to SD as Suzanne, would you later question who you saw? Or if not having been introduced, under what circumstances would you simply assume SD (or any other woman) was BM's wife?
4. Where did BM go to spend the night when SM was in one of her "distant unloving" moods?

Pg116 of AA:
Other topics covered in the audit included: Barry’s purchase of the VPN; Barry deleting calls from his call logs; why Barry initially thought his big argument with Suzanne was on Friday; evidence through Libler messages of other arguments (daily) that week, how long Suzanne was “distant and unloving;” if Barry and Suzanne were separate on Wednesday and Friday evenings based on their cell phones; discrepancies in his calls to Gene Moorman; evidence pointing to Barry sending the Facebook “friends”

View attachment 332576

I've wondered about that, and the wanna hike texts. Maybe Suzanne felt safer around him when they were out of the house, especially if they had something to talk about that she knew he would blow up over. Before I knew about the dart and the frantic runs around the property, I considered that he may had gotten her to go for a hike and pushed or threw her down a mine shaft or off a cliff or something. Been more than a few cases of those that a crime buff would know about.

I don't think anyone would mistake SD for Suzanne, so I don't think it was her with BM at the dumpsters that the property manager lady or whatever she was, ran into. Wouldn't LE have asked her to verify who she spoke to using a picture of Suzanne?
moo

What, if Suzanne got a call or sms, that her husband was on Wednesday at the dumpster with someone, he even introduced as his wife?
Wasn't Wednesday the night that Suzanne and Barry were out walking and encountered a housekeeper dumping trash from a rental? I did not think there was anything in question on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday about who was where doing what.

Regarding BM trash digging at Poncha Springs Market on the 12th. Apparently he was there that evening after the store had closed and was caught red handed with his hands in the trash by PS market personnel that were still inside the store at the time. I’ve also thought it’s possible he was dumping the mysterious 2nd device considering it happens to be the same day the device was last used.
Snipped from article at link below:

Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala said.
Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

eta-clarity

Last edited:
He does seem to do shoddy work on his own property, wonder what his finished jobs look like?

There is a spot in the concrete that I think LE may have dug up, you can see some crime/caution tape in the helicopter footage.
Well if you don't mind a crooked wall, he's your man!

Regarding BM trash digging at Poncha Springs Market on the 12th. Apparently he was there that evening after the store had closed. I’ve also thought it’s possible he was dumping the mysterious 2nd device when he was caught red handed with his hands in the trash by PS market personnel that were still inside the store at the time.
Snipped from article at link below:

Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala said.
Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Good thinking!
Makes sense if May 12 was the last day it was used.

Attachments

• 96E7C1F6-FBA4-4E81-8AE8-9D8967D76E65.jpeg
    96E7C1F6-FBA4-4E81-8AE8-9D8967D76E65.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 5
As his typically reaction, he had to flee the home after that "unwanted" message, because he was reasonably done also. Why should they have made an evening walk together? To shout at each other in public or chase each other around the community dumpster?? Makes no sense at all. Sense would make a conspiratorial meeting of some sort. IMO

The AA states on May 6th between 2:43-5:00pm Barry sent Suzanne the suicide text which he later deleted from his phone.
Page 39/129 AA

Perhaps in her plan to move forward -the I'm done text- she decided to meet and walk with him in hope to set a new dynamic for working through the many issues that would need to be settled. It was her attempt for civility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413