Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor cell service in Puma Path is irrelevant when it comes to Suzanne's phone, they had good wi-fi. In areas of poor service, the wi-fi carries the load. If Suzanne is alive and at home, she is available via cellular. Even in the area immdiately around the house, the wi-fi would have carried the load for Snapchats, WhatsApp, texting, and video chats.

It's another of Barry's intentional deceptions.

Hmmm.. I live near a major East Coast city, but I have very poor cell service. I do not get text messages at home even though I have fine Wi-Fi at the house. As I drive out to the highway, my cell phone starts beep-beep-beeping, telling me that text messages are coming through. My family knows to call the landline when it's important. Hopefully, the Morphews had a better setup, so that text messages were reliably delivered and this issue of not going through is more significant.

Who did he cheat with? I don't believe he ever had an affair with anyone. The only altercation in Indy was a guy he had do something on a job he was doing and the guy did not do it right or something and Barry's reputation was on the line so he got angry at this guy. B & S have zero domestic violence calls. Noone is coming out and saying anything different on this except for the assumptions on here.
The dispute in Indiana was over BM showing up days before he was scheduled at a job and expecting an electrician (JS) to move his scaffolding and have his crew get out of BM's way. According to that individual, BM began bullying the guy's crew and JS stepped in to defend them, BM head-butted JS and JS got BM into a head-lock at which point BM started whimpering. JS said it was weird how BM went from bullying to the complete opposite, as though he isn't accustomed to people resisting his bullying. See the interview of John Schmitz in the AA (page 50 or 51) and JS has also done assorted interviews with others.

The guy who didn't build the wall right occurred in Colorado, not Indiana. One of the guys BM met and hired from DSI worked with another of BM's contractors to build the Broomfield wall. They didn't do a good job and had to go back repeatedly to correct it. When BM ordered them back again, one of the two guys who built it refused to go back again and BM fired him. See the interview of Cody Cox in the AA (page 47 or 48).

Ok since we are all getting down and dirty I will play. Suzanne is on the record of saying Barry took off when things got tough in their arguments. Follow me here: MJ knew they were going to do the postponed Broomfield job that week. The contractor told Lauren also that they knew Barry was going to get to that job. What if Barry and Suzanne were up all night arguing and Barry threw a bunch of stuff in his truck ill prepared and just took off for Broomfield figuring he could pull the job together on Monday. He has never told the truth about their marriage difficulties so was “stuck” with the Broomfield job alibi and not prepared for the job not even hooking up and bringing the bobcat that night. Perhaps He was never really planning on going to Broomfield on Sunday but was getting away from Suzanne like she says he has done before. Personally Broomfield was never in the equation for me other than an excuse/alibi clearly with all the strange laying around killing time he may have just bolted that early morning unplanned IMO. Now the problem is did he kill her during an argument or did something else happen on Sunday. That is on prosecution to explain to me but I might buy into the bolting theory if prosecution gets bogged down on Broomfield as he had bolted before and why I think he stuck with the job alibi as none of his friends and most people that knew them never knew they got into heated arguments. Had he confessed to all that they had been arguing he would have had a murder 2 charge and handcuffs on far earlier. But prosecution still has to prove that he did it and no one else which is why the thoroughness of their investigation is on the line. He had motive and means theoretically but did he plan it and actually do it is the mystery that needs to be told without reasonable doubt and could no one else have been involved.

Ok since we are all getting down and dirty I will play. Suzanne is on the record of saying Barry took off when things got tough in their arguments. Follow me here: MJ knew they were going to do the postponed Broomfield job that week. The contractor told Lauren also that they knew Barry was going to get to that job. What if Barry and Suzanne were up all night arguing and Barry threw a bunch of stuff in his truck ill prepared and just took off for Broomfield figuring he could pull the job together on Monday. He has never told the truth about their marriage difficulties so was “stuck” with the Broomfield job alibi and not prepared for the job not even hooking up and bringing the bobcat that night. Perhaps He was never really planning on going to Broomfield on Sunday but was getting away from Suzanne like she says he has done before. Personally Broomfield was never in the equation for me other than an excuse/alibi clearly with all the strange laying around killing time he may have just bolted that early morning unplanned IMO. Now the problem is did he kill her during an argument or did something else happen on Sunday. That is on prosecution to explain to me but I might buy into the bolting theory if prosecution gets bogged down on Broomfield as he had bolted before and why I think he stuck with the job alibi as none of his friends and most people that knew them never knew they got into heated arguments. Had he confessed to all that they had been arguing he would have had a murder 2 charge and handcuffs on far earlier. But prosecution still has to prove that he did it and no one else which is why the thoroughness of their investigation is on the line. He had motive and means theoretically but did he plan it and actually do it is the mystery that needs to be told without reasonable doubt and could no one else have been involved.
That's quickly and easily refuted with just two pieces of evidence.

Suzanne's footprint ceased on that Saturday afternoon when Barry was the only one there. She's talking to her lover and best friend, and never communicates with a soul again.

So if Barry does take off, then it also makes no sense that Suzanne's phone powers down just as he is leaving, and then she goes on some strange bike ride without that phone ever being utilized.

It's Mothers Day. Her daughters are heading back from a trip. It's her best friend's daughter's wedding.

And she doesn't touch her phone...

You're leaving out some major things, including the fact that SM went completely dark with all communication immediately after BM arrived at the house that afternoon. And that BM was tampering with his truck tracking system. And that BM lies to LE about literally EVERYTHING, from the alarm and time he left to the time she normally rode bikes. And that BM immediately furthers his ridiculous "mountain lion" theory instead of pointing fingers at SM's boyfriend, who we know he was most likely aware of by then. And that he sits in a hotel room, not working, waiting on what, for hours and hours? And that he attempts to avoid cameras all over town, throwing mysterious items in dumpsters. And that he instigates the discovery of SM being missing and then doesn't even try and call her until 7 that night.

No, no one else killed her. If they did, they were hired and had the help of BM. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty but the circumstantial evidence here is beyond overwhelming. He just did a really good job hiding the body.

Indiana is irrelevant to the trial and won't be admitted. All we know from IN is that Barry is a terrible person. He's a cheater, he's ripped people off, and he has a violent streak.

The only part of that that might be admissible is the violent streak since I believe the cops had to be called on an incident with him and another guy in Indiana. I cannot remember the specifics, so I can't find the article to reference, but I bet someone else can recall it.

Indiana was brought up at the Bond hearing.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1438984150145503232?s=21
#BarryMorphew is a significant danger to flee, according to Deputy D.A. He must surrender all guns. They also want LE to be able to monitor Morphew's whereabouts. Judge asked if he had a criminal history: In Indiana involving assault case.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1438984857317781504?s=21
Iris Eytan said the assault case was a disorderly conduct case and was dismissed. #BarryMorphew has no criminal history. He is 54-years-old, he is a hard working man. "He has family that supports him, his two daughters love him dearly. They want to hug him."

Hmmm.. I live near a major East Coast city, but I have very poor cell service. I do not get text messages at home even though I have fine Wi-Fi at the house. As I drive out to the highway, my cell phone starts beep-beep-beeping, telling me that text messages are coming through. My family knows to call the landline when it's important. Hopefully, the Morphews had a better setup, so that text messages were reliably delivered and this issue of not going through is more significant.

SMS (Text) requires cellular service as its provided by your network operator

iMessage, Whatsapp etc only require a data connection - so those messages can be received via Wi-Fi at home even if you have bad coverage.

Murphy released the AA, sure. It's not uncommon to make the AA available after arraignment.

Lama just dropped all of the exhibits from the PH which are all crazy bad for Barry. We have reached a point where there is no jury pool in Colorado that hasn't been prejudiced. This is an appeal waiting to happen and they could win on it. I'm thrilled to finally have the images we've wanted, but E&N are already writing the appeal while writing another motion to dismiss. Because if a day goes by that E&N don't file a motion to dismiss an angel gets their wings.
I agree that it's common to release the AA after the arraignment, even after CRCP Rule 55.1.

What I don't know is how many of those AAs included clearly inadmissible and significantly prejudicial evidence, like refusal to take a lie detector test, comparative assessments of the victim's character and the defendant's, the defendant's non-criminal sexual history, and irrelevant business dealings? IMO, Dan May and serious prosecutors like him would never have let those items get into the AA. They know exactly what you point out: Stanley has handed the defense a huge stick with which to beat the prosecution.

And it was so unnecessary.

I remain disappointed with Judge M's failure to redact the AA on his own, to protect against the venue change and fair trial issues that now loom large (in my mind, at least). He had the clear authority to do so. Here's the pertinent language from Rule 55.1:

(4) Orders Entered on Court’s Own Motion. The court may, on its own motion, make a court record or other filing inaccessible to the public or order that only a redacted copy of it be accessible to the public. If the court does so, it must provide notice to the parties and the public via the publicly available Register of Actions and must also comply with paragraphs (a)(6), (a)(7), (a)(8), (a)(9), and (a)(10) of this rule. The clerk shall make the subject court record or filing inaccessible to the public pending the court’s final decision, except that, in its discretion, the court may order a redacted version of the court record or filing accessible to the public during that timeframe. In its discretion, the court may hold a hearing in accordance with paragraph (a)(5) of this rule before ordering on its own motion a court record or any part of a court record inaccessible to the public.

His order would still need to identify at least one substantial interest (local public interest in seeing justice done: protecting the right to a fair trial) served by allowing only a redacted document to be accessible to the public. He must find that no less restrictive means exists to protect any substantial interests identified (as you say, that's all too clear). He must conclude that any substantial interests identified override the presumptive public access to an unredacted court record (well, duh!). And he must specify a date or event (conclusion of the trial) when the order will expire.

Given Judge M's significant, explicit concerns with the length and contents of the AA, I am truly puzzled why he didn't exercise his authority to redact it under Rule 55.1, CRCP.

Same goes for Judge L's release of exhibits, I agree.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but my google searches make it seem like the Bobcat won't work unless there's a SIM connection. I'm going to keep looking on this because you're right, if it isn't required it wouldn't make sense. But if it needs it to run, that would be why.

RBBM

My Google searches have indicated this as well.

JMVHO.

The ones Barry used can. It has been confirmed.

A Grusing: So when Agent Harris and I, through our process of speaking with Mr. Morphew we were disclosing parts of our evidence with him to figure out what happened to Suzanne. I did disclose to him that it looked like his cell phone from 2:44 to 2:47 was moving around outside of the house. I believe this was the February 28th interview.

He says, “I shoot chipmunks.” I said well tell me what that means. He goes I’m running around the house shooting chipmunks. And I’m paraphrasing at this time because it’s a back and forth. He said, “I’ve shot 85 chipmunks.”

I asked him if he used a .22 caliber. At that point I had known — and I had not disclosed to Mr. Morphew yet that we found a tranquilizer dart cap in the dryer and I knew from Chaffee county that a .22 cartridge would fire. So when he was talking about running around the outside of the house I asked him if it was a 22 that he used and he said yes, it was.

In any event, one of his guns must fire them, because he shoots around his property all the time, including from the breezeway as he told investigators.

For anyone who might be pulled in by Barry's defense team, may I assure you that his defense isn't terribly inspired? It's defense strategy 101 for when you don't have a better defense to present. Attack the investigation, file motions, exercise umbrage. While it's very dramatic to watch, it's altogether predictable.

JMO

In any event, one of his guns must fire them, because he shoots around his property all the time, including from the breezeway as he told investigators.

I think BM got rid of that dart gun, 100%. The .22 may have been able to fire them but the fact that he voluntarily handed that gun over without request + the fact that investigators said the .22 he gave them had not been fired in a long long time indicates to me that he was just giving them some old gun to appease and redirect.

Is this a security feature against theft?

That, and it is also connected to all the engine functions to produce data like when the machinery starts and moves and has issues. Supposedly, the Bobcat office will call and let you know something is wrong sometimes before you realize it yourself. I saw where a guy had his Bobcat stolen and he wouldn't say where it was but said you basically have to take some of it apart to get to it.

I'm remembering the bolts left in the driveway that were found by LE.

Years ago I had the very same experience as OP when using a Samsung smartphone. It wasn't until switching to iPhone that my home wifi with instant texts worked and I understood it was because iMessages (texts) had a separate or unique message exchange platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel