Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right, I think that came up during the preliminary.

He may have had them positioned in a way that they captured the house (he admitted to doing this in the past).

I could see him viewing their contents, wiping the memory cards, and ultimately removing them.

Without a doubt...What I can't believe is that LE or anybody else didn't/wouldn't think to ask him... why are they down? What' s the reason(?) Most likely not broke , he kept them and put them in the safe, even when he was clearing all his "trash out", as he claims. His co workers said he was mesmerized watching the cameras.

Would love to hear his lie for why he did that, surely they asked, must have been epic.

Last edited:
I thought when we last discussed this that BM was disabling and/or removing his game cameras during the alleged hunt for the dead turkey. We know that he wasn't having lunch because his phone proved he was not sitting in the kitchen or on the deck with a spoon in his mouth.

I may have missed it but did he give a reason for disabling the cameras out there? Oh I see Murphy1950 asking the same above. It does seem odd to me this sudden need to remove them on that day when he enjoyed watching them so much.

Didn't Andy or someone say Barry knows how to use animal scent as a deterrent?

Is that stuff pungent to humans? Did Barry get himself skunked? Is that why he tried to slink into the hotel by the back door? Is that why he was (apparently) showering and changing and showeing again, to get the stink unstuck?

Barry might've been THRILLED to learn his crew was met with full face with the scent of bleach! Might've meant he was successful in masking a way a worse stench!

Consider this as well:

Barry stalked that mountain lion for years. Could it be that Barry built a trap out there, hopeful one day to catch it? He's not much of a hunter IMO, but he 'sho loves himself some wall trophies.

Might he have had the proverbial hole trap, disguised, for a cat to fall into but having killed his wife, needed to borrow it all quicklike? Peel back that trap door...... bye bye, cooler.

Not genius. Opportunistic.

JMO

Last edited:
Does anyone recall when SM’s sister said she received that lengthy and revealing text from SM? I thought it was Friday morning (5/8). I think it might be around the time the friend requests started to go out. I believe it was SM sending them. IMO

Something I found interesting in the AA is LE thought BM was making “end of life” decisions when he went through court proceedings to sell the properties and house after SM went missing. They thought he was preparing to end his own. IMO
Lol, as if! Narcissistic egomaniacs love themselves too much.

Just reread some of the AA to refresh my memory.
Got to the part where Suzanne said to BM that 80% of their fights were about money.
Found myself thinking, no, 80% of your problems begin with BM himself... before a single issue arises.
I really feel bad typing that but BM seems to be really manipulative and overbearing.

Barry stalking Suzanne hours before her murder:

Barry claims he and Suzanne had lunch between 11:30 1:30 or so, but there are massive issues.

Suzanne texts JL at 11:42, saying she's all alone. Barry's vehicle and phone put him home more than 10 minutes before that, so he couldn't have entered.

More proof of this comes from Barry's truck data not putting that truck in the driveway, and his phone showing him traveling behind the house. Barry uses the "Turkey excuse here."

More evidence of this lie comes from Barry calling Suzanne minutes after leaving the house, which is odd considering they just spent a couple house together.

Also, they had veggie soup for dinner on the 7th (a little bit of truth in every lie).
View attachment 332374 View attachment 332375 View attachment 332376 View attachment 332377
He probably thought he could pass a lie detector test if there was “a little bit of truth in every lie”.

He probably thought he could pass a lie detector test if there was “a little bit of truth in every lie”.
He was actually smart enough to refuse to take one. He of course lied about not being asked to take one, which fooled very few of us on here.

It didn't matter though, as he made a much bigger mistake:

He talked to investigators over and over...

I just went through everything regarding the Facebook friend requests in the AA, and I am convinced Barry sent those friend requests (a previous post by @sk716 got me thinking about this).

There are two particular points of interest here, that can't be coincidences.

Barry is down by the river when these requests initially go out.

Barry is at a job site then begins heading home about a minute after a Facebook password reset is sent to Suzanne's phone.

Also, we know from the AA that Jeff deleted his Facebook back in 2018, but it's not clear if he reactivated it. Regardless, 3 of those 20 or so friend requests were sent to men named Jeff, but none of them were JL.

Barry had to have known the first name of the man Suzanne was communicating with, and was fishing for the right one.

By friending a bunch of otherwise random people, he would have averted the issue of Suzanne putting the pieces together in regards to what was going on. She would have simply believed she was hacked, as many of the people she friend requested believed.

Also, did we know that this zoo contained bears and coyotes?
View attachment 332369 View attachment 332370
Since we know of Barry’s history regarding knowledge of Suzanne hooking up with JL in high school at a house party and nearly beating him because of it on the golf course and JL telling Barry he was going to lose everything if he didn’t stop and come to his senses how do we reconcile Barry didn’t know which Jeff? Maybe because Jeff had shut down his FB and other SM accounts which we know as fact so Barry thought it was some other guy? Did Barry forget his name or has his habit always been that he is so insanely jealous he would accuse any man of looking at his wife with sweet eyes?

Court site updated.

Docket for: Fremont County - Fremont Combined Court
Showing 1 - 25 of 25 records

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
2/10/22
9:30 AM 1D IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Motions Hearing D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

2/24/22
9:00 AM 1D IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Motions Hearing D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

4/7/22
8:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Hearing D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

4/8/22
8:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Pre-Trial Readiness Conference D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

5/3/22
8:00 AM 1D IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Jury Trial D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

thru

6/1/22
8:00 AM 1D IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Jury Trial D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

and...

this is for the voter fraud.

Docket for: Chaffee County - Chaffee Combined Court
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 records

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
2/24/22
9:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Status Conference D82021CR85 Chaffee County Division 2

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

@Kemug..is there a jackass in the zoo? If not, we need one in there. Just one! :D

@sassyblue
@Diddian
Children, children! Calm down! Please calm down! Sheesh, I just popped out to the butcher for some bones for our zoo critters, and here you are all in a tizzy!:D (I must say it's nice to be missed, though) It seems we do already have a jackass - but some people are equal to more than one, aren't they? Shall we add another half a dozen, seeing as it's Barry? And I've been meaning to let you all know how the "Websleuth Bobcaterwaulers" are coming along at our choir practices - fortunately some of them already knew the "Hallelujah Chorus", and so the rehearsals are going splendidly, and we should be ready in good time for our triumphant performance sometime in May or June. Tickets will be available soon, just indicate here if you would "like" some!:D

Last edited:
He was actually smart enough to refuse to take one. He of course lied about not being asked to take one, which fooled very few of us on here.

It didn't matter though, as he made a much bigger mistake:

He talked to investigators over and over...
Thank you for the update. I’ve been gone for awhile but am trying to catch up as best as I can.

Every time I manage to get back to this thread, I want to start banging my head against a wall :confused:. I’m still 100% convinced BM killed Suzanne, but I keep racking my brain trying to figure out what he did with her. The dogs signalling on the Bobcat is puzzling in light of being told it’s not involved. I’m also still hung up on what the heck he was doing the day Tyson Draper found him all wet, red and shirtless coming up from the creek. What was he looking for or checking on?? We know he wasn’t looking for SM, he knows where he put her. He also seemed keen on criticizing LE for not spending their time and money on searching the water instead of the river property.

I keep telling myself, despite the incredible length of the AA and all the details contained therein, there’s gotta be much more! Surely the DA did not reveal ALL in the AA :). Does anyone remember how many pages of discovery were handed over to the Defense?

Suzanne was so petite could she be on the Puma Path property?
We have buried 2 large breed dogs that weighed more than she did.
I wonder at what depth a body cannot be detected by search dogs?
There is so much gravel and mulched landscaped areas on the property. Is it possible a grave could be convincingly concealed to look like the surrounding preexisting soil or groundcover?
If guilty, would BM have been desperate as well as confident enough to take such a gamble?
He is very secretive and physically able to dispose of and conceal a body. To involve a second person would be a huge risk!
Would his pride even allow the involvement of another person thereby exposing who he really is?

Edited to add:

It seems the location of the bike disposal may indicate a sense of desperation/ urgency and
BM's 23 or so interviews to LE without legal representation defies logic.
So would he be likely to do what most would say is too risky...
Keep her at Puma Path.
Your post reminds me that early on I wondered why BM didn’t own a hunting dog or few? Most avid hunters I know have many. We know what happened to his pet raccoon I believe that Barry had. Where is the cat presumed to be MM2’s? Did he splat that cat in the road? When I was 3 or 4 my across the street neighbors had a dachshund. One night their behind the fence neighbor had dogs out of their cage jumping the fence. Neighbor dad immediately ran to get his gun and fired one warning shot in the air. Dogs retreated and all was well except for my PTSD. Dogs don’t belong is cages or crates. Neither do wives or daughters. IMO I would like the domestic cat accounted for among many other things. IMO

Every time I manage to get back to this thread, I want to start banging my head against a wall :confused:. I’m still 100% convinced BM killed Suzanne, but I keep racking my brain trying to figure out what he did with her. The dogs signalling on the Bobcat is puzzling in light of being told it’s not involved. I’m also still hung up on what the heck he was doing the day Tyson Draper found him all wet, red and shirtless coming up from the creek. What was he looking for or checking on?? We know he wasn’t looking for SM, he knows where he put her. He also seemed keen on criticizing LE for not spending their time and money on searching the water instead of the river property.

I keep telling myself, despite the incredible length of the AA and all the details contained therein, there’s gotta be much more! Surely the DA did not reveal ALL in the AA :). Does anyone remember how many pages of discovery were handed over to the Defense?
BBM
I don't think the bobcat was used in SM's demise. However, I think he got onto that trailer and moved his bobcat off.

I'm guessing it was after killing SM and taking her away.

When he was on the trailer he left a scent of decomp.

When he sat in his seat in the bobcat he left a scent of decomp.

MOO but I think reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member