Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the county assessor office of the first floor....
I've been going over the list of things we know Barry did in the house and the things we know he had to have done in order for him to not be arrested on sight.

He had to get that spy camera from where ever it was hidden.

He burned her journal and some amount of paperwork in the fireplace. It's May in Colorado so I doubt there was an actual fire going so he had to either make a small one of the things he was burning or sit there with a lighter relighting the journal over and over. Either way, it's gonna take some time to collect any paper trail in the house (he still missed the spy camera booklet in the bathroom) and make sure it's ash.
It's not easy to see, but there is a pile of ash behind the fireplace screen. You have to watch the gray in the fireplace with the video on 1/4 speed, but there's a lot of ash in the fireplace.
View attachment 332983

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_80.png

He showered and put his shorts in the laundry with MM1s sheets. He ran the washer and roughly 30 minutes later he would have needed to move them to the dryer. The showered is an assumption on my part but Barry is real twitchy about his showers on the 10th so thinking he was obsessively clean on the 9th falls in line.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_66.png

He says he grilled a steak. I can't even with the steak. If he really went outside and grilled a steak while his wife is dead somewhere in the house ... is there a level of human disconnect past psychopathy? It's bad enough that we know he decided to sit down and have a meal because he left the single plate in the dishwasher. Did he perhaps cook his steak over Suzanne's journal?
View attachment 332989

Imgs: CCSO The People’s Exhibits – Find Suzanne Morphew
Screencaps:

I recall at times having a fire in the fireplace almost year round growing up about 30 minutes from Salida (little higher elevation, not much tho). Days are warm and nights can be pretty darn cold.

I wonder how many of his "hunting trips" were to the airbnb next door. Airplane mode. So she wouldn't know just how close he was.

Maybe all those mounted deer heads were purchased, to represent hunts he never made.

IMO he's a proven stalker.

JMO

I cannot believe that (a) the marriage problems only started after MM went to college and even then she would be home for holidays and (b) MM2 never discussed how she hated the constant arguments.

I don't think there's any doubt that BM/SM had an unhealthy relationship prior to relocating to Colorado in 2018. But I think there were a couple of differences after arriving in Colorado. First, MM2 was only age 13/14 during her last years in Indiana where she was settled, had her own friends, when her older sister went away to Univ-- and the parents were more likely to shield her of any problems based on her age.

Second, I think that by the 2018 date that SM sent the infamous "Howdy Stranger" message to JL, SM was truly detached from BM, and the gap only widened from that date until her death. IMO, from the date the family arrived in Colorado, both SM and her parent's relationship appeared different to MM1-- to the point where according to SM, she verbalized how she just wanted her "old family" back.

Relative to SM being different (compared to BM), she was becoming seriously ill, and somewhere in between she'd become distracted (with JL) and no longer trying to please BM, MM1's beloved hero. We also know that BM wasted no time in burdening MM1 with his childish, sadness. JMO

I think the Bobcat is a red herring, but otherwise we're on the same page.

I don't disagree with the Bobcat being in the mix, for me i have a hard time with it, IMO. They leave tracks(not the GPS kind), just by the nature of the machine and there weight (quite a bit heavier than a tractor). I would think they could tell what the fresh Bobcat tracks were around the house if it was used recently. Maybe he used it around the house quite a bit and it was difficult to tell or his covering of the tracks was pretty good. Just something I keep coming back to when I think of the Bobcat. If he did go off the road or drive and there was a low spot or wet area I would think it would be tough to clean the mess up. First part of May can be pretty muddy.

If he dug any kind of hole with it, it would need to be compacted fairly well in that time frame for it to not settle or look out of place.

Maybe he backed right out of the drive with the Bobcat and made more straight routes, with not so many turns, the turns leave most marks.

Just some thoughts to give you some things to think about, while your coming up with these great thoughts...

Could the Bobcat been used to load the body. What kind of UTV did they have?

I don't disagree with the Bobcat being in the mix, for me i have a hard time with it, IMO. They leave tracks(not the GPS kind), just by the nature of the machine and there weight (quite a bit heavier than a tractor). I would think they could tell what the fresh Bobcat tracks were around the house if it was used recently. Maybe he used it around the house quite a bit and it was difficult to tell or his covering of the tracks was pretty good. Just something I keep coming back to when I think of the Bobcat. If he did go off the road or drive and there was a low spot or wet area I would think it would be tough to clean the mess up. First part of May can be pretty muddy.

If he dug any kind of hole with it, it would need to be compacted fairly well in that time frame for it to not settle or look out of place.

Maybe he backed right out of the drive with the Bobcat and made more straight routes, with not so many turns, the turns leave most marks.

Just some thoughts to give you some things to think about, while your coming up with these great thoughts...

Could the Bobcat been used to load the body. What kind of UTV did they have?
I don’t think anyone has spotted a ATV seems unlikely but none caught in pictures. We don’t have one and we are one of the few in our rural so maybe they didn’t have one.

I just can't see a man like BM agreeing to vacate the master bedroom. As much as he wanted sex with SM, coupled with his selfishness and narcissism, I feel like she would have been the one who would be forced to relocate.

Oh I can. He gets mad and he leaves. There's a pattern of him leaving so i can easily see SM staying put in the bedroom while he slinks off to where ever and then he slinks back home and sleeps in the other room.

I don’t think anyone has spotted a ATV seems unlikely but none caught in pictures. We don’t have one and we are one of the few in our rural so maybe they didn’t have one.

I live pretty rural also and no ATV or UTV. But he is a hunter, in CO with several high dollar vehicles, I guess I be surprised if he didn't have one.

This is from the county assessor office of the first floor....

I recall at times having a fire in the fireplace almost year round growing up about 30 minutes from Salida (little higher elevation, not much tho). Days are warm and nights can be pretty darn cold.
I concur that nights are still very chilly in May and even later in the year.

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424747670254485508?s=21
Commander says the temperature on the morning of May 10th was around 38 degrees at 8am.
On May 14th #SuzanneMorphew bike helmet was found .84 miles from the bicycle. Commander says no significant damage to the helmet. #BarryMorphew @KKTV11News

There was an ATV at the condo where Barry was staying before his arrest, I saw it in his sunbathing photos. No idea if it was purchased after Suzanne went missing, or if it belonged to a neighbor but was with Barry’s stuff.

I live pretty rural also and no ATV or UTV. But he is a hunter, in CO with several high dollar vehicles, I guess I be surprised if he didn't have one.
He had one when they left Indiana. It was at the back end of the trailer that was also holding the Bobcat and an assortment of boxes that looked like they'd been thrown on board and left where they landed. The ATV wasn't sitting flat on the trailer, but looked to be leaning off the edge of it. (Photo taken from AmandaReckonWith's Photobucket.)
2018.move.to.CO.ChrisMcDonough(1).JPG

ETA: And from the same source, here is the one that was at the condo he was living at when arrested:
050621.home.3.JPG

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...est/21CR78/Defense Prelim Hearing Ex Rest.pdf

Defense exhibits released last week. I am looking at the phone data and I noticed pages 19 and 20. 19 shows Macy's phone and it's identifier.. then when it lists what is clearly Barry's call log (shows business names/calls we know we made) it has the identifier listed and it's the same as Macy's phone. Does that mean he used her phone? Then there is a list of "canned messages" and not sure what those are. Anyone have insight on this?

He had one when they left Indiana. It was at the back end of the trailer that was also holding the Bobcat and an assortment of boxes that looked like they'd been thrown on board and left where they landed. The ATV wasn't sitting flat on the trailer, but looked to be leaning off the edge of it. (Photo taken from AmandaReckonWith's Photobucket.)
2018.move.to.CO.ChrisMcDonough(1).JPG

ETA: And from the same source, here is the one that was at the condo he was living at when arrested:
050621.home.3.JPG

I have had plenty of Clampett moments in my life but now I think of the walking out scene in the Jerk when I see that photo.

It almost, kind of, maybe, looks like the same ATV, just from behind on the trailer.

We know what Barry did when they left Indiana; did he barry a bunch of stuff at PP before he left as well?

He must really pride himself on not paying for dumpsters, his dating strategy notwithstanding.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member