Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had forgotten Barry needed to detrailer the Bobcat to unhitch the trailer.

Question: if Barry used his truck to go to the fire station and/or the beachsite on Saturday night, does LE have CCTV and vehicle data to support this?

Did he use a different vehicle? Did he get there by back routes, evading CCTV?

Perhaps Barry was very busy overnight.

He could have barried heavy things like an auger bit and coolers...

Separately he could have interred Suzanne.

Then in the morning, pitched her phone.

(Perhaps something LE said to him made him think they had recovered her phone, much as he may have thought he'd disappeared it forever.)

Thoughts:

Barry used his trailer for something else overnight.

Barry used the Bobcat overnight. Right there on his own property.

I still say he could've had a cavern on his property, working on it in plain sight. No one would know it was a grave in the making or an Indiana-couch pit. He could backfill that, cover it with peat rock and no one would ever know it had been there.

I bet his activity overnight was absolutely frenetic.

JMO

There was a bobcat at the beach site. He was there Saturday night about 11:30. He woke the lady up that lived closeby because she heard machinery running. When she turned the outside light on the noise stopped. What was he doing there at that hour of the night and what was the machinery noise?
I thought he was there Friday night, not Saturday night but it could be both.

Is this article correct?

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”

That area, a construction site off County Road 105, east of Salida, is the same area where investigators spent three days searching for Suzanne, just a week later, on May 21-23.

“He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m.

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

Suzanne had said the last few days had been magical.

That tells me Barry was largely absent.

Consider:

Barry did know she was having an affair. But he didn't know with whom. Until IMO Friday when he'd somehow ascertained it was a Jeff....I think he heard Suzanne say Jeff's name, courtesy of some kind of surveillance, including direct surveillance, stalking Suzanne in her own home. Up from down by the river (down from up by the river?) while Suzanne thought she was alone-alone.

Perhaps Barry sent the girls away and set a trap for Suzanne's lover, believing the lover would show up. But two things happened-- one, Suzanne discovered something on Wednesday which inspired the "I'm done" and two, Barry discovered that Jeff wasn't local, wouldn't be showing up and that Suzanne wasn't being lusted after by a rogue boy (who could blame such a guy, Barry would think, after all men only want one thing -- and Suzanne was the most beautiful woman right up to the countyline) -- and that Suzanne herself was pursuing another man.

Up until that moment/realization IMO, Barry thought there was competition for his wife. And Barry knew himself to be bigger, badder, stronger, more push-upped, more godly and better endowed as an everytime lover to lose to a lesser man.

Knowing what we know, if Barry had caught a man sunbathing in his backyard with Suzanne, hunter Barry would have rescued his wife and permanently disappeared the competition. Never an idle threat IMO.

Those who try to normalize Barry's behaviors are maybe fortunate never to have known the likes of a Barry. I believe him to be someone who believes the entire world is there essentially to serve him. Love isn't about care, companionship, respect, etc. It's a veneer. It's possession, dominance, codependency (forced dependence) --

The AA is rife with Barry's world view. Suzanne being strong, thinking for herself, reclaiming and exercising her free agency -- he called that ballsy, blamed illness and IPAs and druglord Tim for getting Suzanne not in her right mind! He did not think Suzanne should think for herself!!

If he could just un-ballsy her, go back to how it was when she wasn't thinking freely for herself, all would be fine.

How dismissive!!!

Imagine confronting a spouse with your documented issues within the relationship, with your desire first to improve then to exit your marriage, with well-reasoned points, and have that partner tell you that you aren't thinking straight and dismiss any further dialogue on the topic! Demeaning, to say the last.

Barry wasn't going to let Suzanne go.

If that meant eliminating every last threat to that, I think he was that committed...

If JL had come to Colorado, he's who we'd be looking for.

JMO
I largely agree... Barry would continue the marriage with the knowledge that SM had cheated on him; but his brand of "forgiveness" would be unrecognizable to the normal person. Barry would, imo, torture her for the remainder of their days with reminders of how she was unfaithful, hurt him and basically owed her very existence to his "forgiveness". Her future with him would have been a constant, grotesque bondage of condemnation unlike anything she had already suffered. IOW, he would use it to fuel his power. She knew that too...she was "done". Barry, OTOH, figured out at some point that he would not get to use that power....his "revenge" would not be a daily drip...so it had to be ill-gotten another way. Both ways were permanent, one one was lethally so.

Suzanne had said the last few days had been magical.

That tells me Barry was largely absent.

Consider:

Barry did know she was having an affair. But he didn't know with whom. Until IMO Friday when he'd somehow ascertained it was a Jeff....I think he heard Suzanne say Jeff's name, courtesy of some kind of surveillance, including direct surveillance, stalking Suzanne in her own home. Up from down by the river (down from up by the river?) while Suzanne thought she was alone-alone.

Perhaps Barry sent the girls away and set a trap for Suzanne's lover, believing the lover would show up. But two things happened-- one, Suzanne discovered something on Wednesday which inspired the "I'm done" and two, Barry discovered that Jeff wasn't local, wouldn't be showing up and that Suzanne wasn't being lusted after by a rogue boy (who could blame such a guy, Barry would think, after all men only want one thing -- and Suzanne was the most beautiful woman right up to the countyline) -- and that Suzanne herself was pursuing another man.

Up until that moment/realization IMO, Barry thought there was competition for his wife. And Barry knew himself to be bigger, badder, stronger, more push-upped, more godly and better endowed as an everytime lover to lose to a lesser man.

Knowing what we know, if Barry had caught a man sunbathing in his backyard with Suzanne, hunter Barry would have rescued his wife and permanently disappeared the competition. Never an idle threat IMO.

Those who try to normalize Barry's behaviors are maybe fortunate never to have known the likes of a Barry. I believe him to be someone who believes the entire world is there essentially to serve him. Love isn't about care, companionship, respect, etc. It's a veneer. It's possession, dominance, codependency (forced dependence) --

The AA is rife with Barry's world view. Suzanne being strong, thinking for herself, reclaiming and exercising her free agency -- he called that ballsy, blamed illness and IPAs and druglord Tim for getting Suzanne not in her right mind! He did not think Suzanne should think for herself!!

If he could just un-ballsy her, go back to how it was when she wasn't thinking freely for herself, all would be fine.

How dismissive!!!

Imagine confronting a spouse with your documented issues within the relationship, with your desire first to improve then to exit your marriage, with well-reasoned points, and have that partner tell you that you aren't thinking straight and dismiss any further dialogue on the topic! Demeaning, to say the last.

Barry wasn't going to let Suzanne go.

If that meant eliminating every last threat to that, I think he was that committed...

If JL had come to Colorado, he's who we'd be looking for.

JMO
I largely agree... Barry would continue the marriage with the knowledge that SM had cheated on him; but his brand of "forgiveness" would be unrecognizable to the normal person. Barry would, imo, torture her for the remainder of their days with reminders of how she was unfaithful, hurt him and basically owed her very existence to his "forgiveness". Her future with him would have been a constant, grotesque bondage of condemnation unlike anything she had already suffered. IOW, he would use it to fuel his power. She knew that too...she was "done". Barry, OTOH, figured out at some point that he would not get to use that power....his "revenge" would not be a daily drip...so it had to be ill-gotten another way. Both ways were permanent, one one was lethally so.
Remember in the texts to SO, Suzanne said that Barry would "disappear into the mountains" (paraphrasing). I wonder if he took ole Bobby with him when he would go on his little excursions. He certainly took it with him everywhere he went after she went missing.

Here is how easy it is to move giant boulders for a "skilled" skid steer driver:
(The boulders are towards the end of the video, he tears out tree roots, rearranges boulders, then covers the area and plants a new tree).

I'm with you @Megnut at being about 95% on board with the mine shaft theory, but not quite there. I still haven't left the direct vicinity of Puma Path, and the above video gives an idea what that might look like. He could have made a hole (with the Bobcat) and been working for weeks cleaning up the area around it, to make it clear of any tracks, all while Suzanne just thought he was out tinkering in the yard with his favorite toy. Makes me shudder.

Perhaps when it was time to do the deed, he put her in his prepared hole, used hand tools to fill it in (could explain all the movement in and out of his truck all night, as well as leaving said tools in Broomfield), and/or covered it with a big boulder, which broke his blade. Then he raked the area to make it look pristine.

Or, he put her in the previously mentioned mine that he just couldn't help blabbing about to LE (because: Barry), and he's the one who covered it with the boulder (breaking his blade in the process).

I'm also probably one of very few who are not fully convinced that the last proof of life photo of Suzanne on Saturday, was actually Suzanne, but as of yet, there isn't too much to prove that is untrue, so I'll have to trust Grusing.

And @OldCop, I do think Barry was scouting for days, (if not weeks, or even months) for the perfect spot. He could have been working on his hidey-hole right out in the open, and nobody would have batted an eye. The house was so remote, that even though I pulled almost all the way in the driveway, I still couldn't see the Morphew house (or any of the neighbors' houses), and I only caught a couple of (quick) glimpses of it from HWY 50.

On Lauren's live last night, Tyson said this about seeing Barry that day: "He was totally distraught, completely out of his mind. He had his shirt off, he was banging on the steering wheel, he was soaking wet, bright red in his chest area. I think he was in the water somewhere. He was either looking for her or moving her, and I don't think he was looking for her."

What on earth were you doing, Barry?
Someone with the character and mindset of BM would, imo, "speak words over the grave" of someone he just dumped and disposed of...imitating a proper "last rites" and burial. I really think he did that...believing that God was on his side just like "Johnny" was.

There was a bobcat at the beach site. He was there Saturday night about 11:30. He woke the lady up that lived closeby because she heard machinery running. When she turned the outside light on the noise stopped. What was he doing there at that hour of the night and what was the machinery noise?
Sure hope LE checked the sim on that bobcat

On Lauren's live last night, Tyson said this about seeing Barry that day: "He was totally distraught, completely out of his mind. He had his shirt off, he was banging on the steering wheel, he was soaking wet, bright red in his chest area. I think he was in the water somewhere. He was either looking for her or moving her, and I don't think he was looking for her."
I have sometimes think that Barry may have put SM’s diamond rings in some kind of small waterproof case and hid it under a rock in the river. He obviously couldn’t be caught with them during those early days. I just don’t see him disposing of SM’s body with her ring on her finger. He is too cheap.
Where Tyson bumped into him the day he came from the river soaking wet was right near where the bike was located. Maybe it was under a rock under the bridge? Searchers in those early days were searching for SM or a whole body, not little things hidden under rocks in streams.
The yellow line in the second photo is BM’s route from home that morning.

Attachments

• F969AAFE-4C9D-456D-ABA0-E5BF84EC5242.jpeg
    F969AAFE-4C9D-456D-ABA0-E5BF84EC5242.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 43
  • D7A0AB6D-0982-44EE-9E3A-EA3D5D958587.jpeg
    D7A0AB6D-0982-44EE-9E3A-EA3D5D958587.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 39
I had forgotten Barry needed to detrailer the Bobcat to unhitch the trailer.

Question: if Barry used his truck to go to the fire station and/or the beachsite on Saturday night, does LE have CCTV and vehicle data to support this?

Did he use a different vehicle? Did he get there by back routes, evading CCTV?

Perhaps Barry was very busy overnight.

He could have barried heavy things like an auger bit and coolers...

Separately he could have interred Suzanne.

Then in the morning, pitched her phone.

(Perhaps something LE said to him made him think they had recovered her phone, much as he may have thought he'd disappeared it forever.)

Thoughts:

Barry used his trailer for something else overnight.

Barry used the Bobcat overnight. Right there on his own property.

I still say he could've had a cavern on his property, working on it in plain sight. No one would know it was a grave in the making or an Indiana-couch pit. He could backfill that, cover it with peat rock and no one would ever know it had been there.

I bet his activity overnight was absolutely frenetic.

JMO
That’s why he had to nap at the HIE.

I have sometimes think that Barry may have put SM’s diamond rings in some kind of small waterproof case and hid it under a rock in the river. He obviously couldn’t be caught with them during those early days. I just don’t see him disposing of SM’s body with her ring on her finger. He is too cheap.
Where Tyson bumped into him the day he came from the river soaking wet was right near where the bike was located. Maybe it was under a rock under the bridge? Searchers in those early days were searching for SM or a whole body, not little things hidden under rocks in streams.
Speaking of Tyson Draper, he was on YouTube for awhile. I think of him and wonder if he fears Barry being loose.

When I think of Morgan or Tyson of Leibler or the Ritters, I’m furious that the judge at the preliminary didn’t keep Barry in jail and I’m furious the prosecution didn’t follow through with the trial.

Of course, we have Judge L to thank for that, “gutting the case” of a murderer to sanction the prosecution and make himself feel good.

Sheesh!

I've wondered about that ring all along. No way BM let that go. I think it may have gone to MX with him on vacation. With BM being the big outdoorsman, I think it would be likely he would have the waterproof storage containers on hand. He was definitely up to something when Tyson talked to him. Or maybe her phone? I would think BM would be very paranoid about the phone until he knew with 100% certainty it was not going to be found ever.

Possibly. I saw a video of BM truck at station 5 late at night, people were talking but the truck was running and it was loud so I turned it off, wish I had watched it all now I can't locate it.

Interesting, do you know if was BM's truck running that was loud? Some diesel trucks can be just as loud or louder than equipment running late at night.

Sure hope LE checked the sim on that bobcat
The bobcat data has been pondered at length here with some very good research by sleuthers, which you can reading by using the search feature. The AA says it was not used in the commission of the crime.

The bobcat's GPS was discussed in the PM. See attached.

As with many important data in this case, detailed public information is sadly lacking, leading to much speculation.

MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220427-104516_(1).png
    Screenshot_20220427-104516_(1).png
    496.3 KB · Views: 17
I agree with most of what you’re saying, @K9Enzo. But I definitely think he did it. Those mountains are vast and desolate as you said, but we have to remember this wasn’t City Joe disposing of a body up there somewhere. This was he man, hunter, outdoorsman, relatively fit, Barry. He’s the push-up king.
Most off all he knows them thar hills like the back of his hand.
I’m not saying that experienced people don’t find themselves in precarious situations, but I think he was well equipped to drag a body up to where it might never be found, be it in a truck or an ATV. He did it all the time on his hunts. Deer and elk weigh much more than his wife did.
I wonder if any of his hunting buddies talked about how he removed animals that he killed. I think you are right that this isn't City Joe.. he was going to use what he knew, he had specific skill sets from the work he did, being a volunteer fire fighter, and his hunting hobby. The average killer in a big city likely wouldn't know the mountain terrain, how to dig and put the land back to look undisturbed, how to kill without a mess or how to clean up from a kill (as in his animal kills)... he had very different knowledge about some of this stuff so that helped him for sure. I don't think he's smarter, but he just had a different set of skills than the next guy.

Perspective:

Saturday (5/9/2020) Barry tells MG he knows how to bury a body forever. A stand-alone comment that seems oddly without context.

Tuesday (5/12/2020) she's told by two of Barry's minions that she needn't turn over her phone to LE (cooperate with police, that is) and that she shouldn't think of her wages as hush money....

Bam. You tell me that doesn’t instantly give Saturday's statement context.

A million people collect wages. No one says, "here's your paycheck. It's not hush money." IMO the only reason you'd ever attach that caveat is if you mean it absolutely is serving as hush money. The statement is, "here's your money. It's buying your silence. Are we agreed? We are agreed."

You pair that with Saturday's pronouncement, you get clarity.

Folks, that's a threat.

And he put it out there before heading home.

That's scary.

JMO
I think as a woman we are told to trust our intuition, be aware, if something feels off, believe it, etc. I would think MG had that moment and maybe it even started in the hotel at the job that they couldn't do after he left early and she had to find her own ride, then showed up and didn't have the right tools, couldn't even do the job, returns to Salida and then gets the "hush" encounter with Barry's buddies.

Last edited:
I thought he was there Friday night, not Saturday night but it could be both.

Is this article correct?

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”

That area, a construction site off County Road 105, east of Salida, is the same area where investigators spent three days searching for Suzanne, just a week later, on May 21-23.

“He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m.

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

He was there both nights. Friday he was working, but Saturday night and then Suzanne goes missing on Sunday? No.

"Mary Branson lives next door to a home being built by Suzanne's husband, Barry Morphew, and says she shot out of bed when she heard a strange sound coming from the construction site late on May 9."

Woman 'woken by loud machinery' near where woman went missing | Daily Mail Online

Maybe irrelevant but I keep going back to the tools BM did leave at HIE. The crew didn't need those? If not, why did he need to take them out of the truck? Did he bleach and wash them at the car wash? No one will ever know. Oh well. Moo
oh this is something I hadn't thought of before. Maybe the tools he took to the hotel were tools he used to dig/cover/hide her? He brought them to removed the dirt and clean them up so they were not at the house when police arrived. I wonder what ever became of those tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28