Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iris Eytan has successfully represented several clients accused of murder in cases that resulted in their acquittal or the dismissal of their charges. Most recently, she represented Barry Morphew, the man accused of killing his wife, Suzanne Morphew, in May 2020.

Her defense led to the dismissal of a first-degree murder charge and revealed details of possible prosecutorial misconduct. Suzanne’s body has not been found, and no one has since been charged with her death.

Eytan pointed to Brian Walshe’s argument that his wife was leaving Massachusetts two days early to handle a work emergency in Washington, D.C. She questioned the validity of the claim and said, "that needs to be answered."

"Doesn't anybody have a question, like if this guy is so carefully plotting this?" she added. "Why is he leaving a bloody knife in the basement? Is it because the bloody knife has nothing to do with this, with her disappearance?"

Prosecutors have sealed the affidavit and other documents related to Walshe’s most recent charges. Eytan acknowledged that even prosecutors still don’t have all the information pertaining to the alleged crimes. She said she thought there were "holes" in prosecutors’ case so far.

"I’m not saying that he’s innocent and he’s not responsible, but I’m saying hold off on making any rash judgments," she said. "When they rush in, and they charge somebody with murder two weeks after the date of someone's disappearance, that's quick without having a body."

Iris Eytan has successfully represented several clients accused of murder in cases that resulted in their acquittal or the dismissal of their charges. Most recently, she represented Barry Morphew, the man accused of killing his wife, Suzanne Morphew, in May 2020.

Her defense led to the dismissal of a first-degree murder charge and revealed details of possible prosecutorial misconduct. Suzanne’s body has not been found, and no one has since been charged with her death.

Eytan pointed to Brian Walshe’s argument that his wife was leaving Massachusetts two days early to handle a work emergency in Washington, D.C. She questioned the validity of the claim and said, "that needs to be answered."

"Doesn't anybody have a question, like if this guy is so carefully plotting this?" she added. "Why is he leaving a bloody knife in the basement? Is it because the bloody knife has nothing to do with this, with her disappearance?"

Prosecutors have sealed the affidavit and other documents related to Walshe’s most recent charges. Eytan acknowledged that even prosecutors still don’t have all the information pertaining to the alleged crimes. She said she thought there were "holes" in prosecutors’ case so far.

"I’m not saying that he’s innocent and he’s not responsible, but I’m saying hold off on making any rash judgments," she said. "When they rush in, and they charge somebody with murder two weeks after the date of someone's disappearance, that's quick without having a body."

She is now weighing in on Bryan Kohberger and the murders of four students in Idaho.
I guess any publicity is good publicity.....

Boy haven't we heard this before

"Eytan, the Colorado defense attorney, cautioned against a rush to judgment in the case. She said police usually put their best evidence into an arrest affidavit, and the court documents released by authorities have a lot of holes. She said there are many reasons why someone’s DNA could be present on an item in a stranger’s house — and there’s no evidence to say whether Kohberger had been to the house before."
JMO

Last edited:
It so harmful how she is spreading these conspiracies of law enforcement over reach about abusive men despite the strong evidence against them.

I mean how would you not immediately arrest him given evidence that was recovered?

Last edited:
Hope Judge Llama's private practice is going well. IMO His last decision while presiding as an appointed judge let a murderer walk. Not allowing expert testimony because of discovery violations spits in the face of justice .

Hope Judge Llama's private practice is going well. IMO His last decision while presiding as an appointed judge let a murderer walk. Not allowing expert testimony because of discovery violations spits in the face of justice .
I just watched the documentary “Accused: Guilty or Innocent?" --AE network. There was a change of venue for the murder case and just as the defense lawyer was packing up for her extended stay at a hotel, she learned a box of discovery was delivered to the county sheriff's office by a state investigator. The box contained more than 80 CDs of information...

This was 3 DAYS BEFORE the TRIAL.

Now that's a discovery violation (worthy of court sanctions)! MOO

I just watched the documentary “Accused: Guilty or Innocent?" --AE network. There was a change of venue for the murder case and just as the defense lawyer was packing up for her extended stay at a hotel, she learned a box of discovery was delivered to the county sheriff's office by a state investigator. The box contained more than 80 CDs of information...

This was 3 DAYS BEFORE the TRIAL.

Now that's a discovery violation (worthy of court sanctions)! MOO
Indeed.

Judge Llamas punishment didn't match the violation, then with a quick retirement for health reasons...
This was after Judge Murphy granted bail and change of venue, said proof was not positive nor presumption great in the PH. He said he had doubts because of a partial DNA marker found in Suzanne's glove box parked in the garage. There is no such thing as a partial DNA match, and that non match has been proven unrelated. So in hindsight proof was positive and presumption great, if one would remove the made up DNA match. How can a person be a judge and not understand DNA evidence? Murphy then recused himself, because he knew BM girlfriend's atty in a separate trespassing case, a case that was then dropped.

Edited- spelling like a 4th grader

Last edited:
It does, but a prosecutor failing to meet 3 extended deadlines also is not what a high level conviction can stand on.

It does, but a prosecutor failing to meet 3 extended deadlines also is not what a high level conviction can stand on.
Colorado's statute governing discovery has a clear deadline that was not violated. I disagree that missing discovery dates at months before trial, pursued by the defense and agreed to by the prosecutor, would ever affect a verdict.

The sanctions imposed by Lama in fact terminated the case.

At the entry of the not guilty plea, the court shall set a deadline for such disclosure. In no case shall such disclosure be less than 35 days before trial for a felony trial, or 7 days before trial for a non-felony trial, except for good cause shown.

There can't be a conviction, if there is not a trial. Ridiculous the amount of time and effort put into this case, to have it dismissed without prejudice last minute... There was enough evidence in the PH for a conviction IMO. Charge the *advertiser censored*.imo

Is she irritating anyone else ? :mad:
Would like a vomit emoji if possible too cos she does make me nauseous

jmo

Is she irritating anyone else ? :mad:
Would like a vomit emoji if possible too cos she does make me nauseous

jmo
Feeling So Sick Smiley

Hi all, hope everyone is doing OK? ♥

Found myself thinking about Suzanne today, how she has still not been found. Really very sad that it's been nearly 3 years and she hasn't been located.
Been thinking about the items that were burned, one of them believed to be her missing journals and then thought about the image (used in evidence) of her personal effects laid out on the table ie her drivers license, money, purse, documentation etc.

Who would burn the journals but leave all that other stuff there?
Barry (OF COURSE!! jmo)
Suzanne (umm, why?)
Soddi (and pigs can fly moo)

Journals being burnt leads to thinking of possible thought processes by Bare (again, jmo)

1) burning the journal burns evidence of him doing things that he doesn't want people knowing about (my personal preference)
2) burning the journals and disappearing them forever in an attempt to lead us to believe Suzanne routinely cycled around with her journals and by some unfortunate coincidence was stolen by a complete stranger who took her and her journals but threw her bike and helmet
3) a complete stranger entered PP residence, burnt the journals just for fun but did absolutely nothing else in the property and then left all other valuable material items but took Suzanne from her bike ride
4) Suzanne burnt her own journal for some unknown reason and then decided to go for a cycle and something happened either voluntarily or at the hands of another

Long post and maybe doesn't make much sense - lol (apologies if so ) but the reason why those journals were burnt or have disappeared is actually really bugging me today!

Anyways, hope you're all taking care of yourselves and really really hoping 2023 is the year Suzanne is found xx

Hi all, hope everyone is doing OK? ♥

Found myself thinking about Suzanne today, how she has still not been found. Really very sad that it's been nearly 3 years and she hasn't been located.
Been thinking about the items that were burned, one of them believed to be her missing journals and then thought about the image (used in evidence) of her personal effects laid out on the table ie her drivers license, money, purse, documentation etc.

Who would burn the journals but leave all that other stuff there?
Barry (OF COURSE!! jmo)
Suzanne (umm, why?)
Soddi (and pigs can fly moo)

Journals being burnt leads to thinking of possible thought processes by Bare (again, jmo)

1) burning the journal burns evidence of him doing things that he doesn't want people knowing about (my personal preference)
2) burning the journals and disappearing them forever in an attempt to lead us to believe Suzanne routinely cycled around with her journals and by some unfortunate coincidence was stolen by a complete stranger who took her and her journals but threw her bike and helmet
3) a complete stranger entered PP residence, burnt the journals just for fun but did absolutely nothing else in the property and then left all other valuable material items but took Suzanne from her bike ride
4) Suzanne burnt her own journal for some unknown reason and then decided to go for a cycle and something happened either voluntarily or at the hands of another

Long post and maybe doesn't make much sense - lol (apologies if so ) but the reason why those journals were burnt or have disappeared is actually really bugging me today!

Anyways, hope you're all taking care of yourselves and really really hoping 2023 is the year Suzanne is found xx
Hope you're doing ok, too. I'm doing okay. I moved back to my home state of CT in September. My husband and I were living in SC, but then he passed away so I decided to move where I have family. I so wish I could be in SC now to attend the Murdaugh trial. I can still go I guess.

I'm hoping Suzanne is found and Barry is brought to trial and spends the rest of his life in prison. Seems fitting.

@jakat @Lyanna I read your posts, glad you touched base here.
It is strange. After all the time invested in the thread you do feel like you knew her personally, an old friend. I imagine Sheila and Suzanne's siblings and others will never get over their sudden loss. I check this thread daily, probably always will. Would love to see justice for her, I hope it's not considered a cold case.

@jakat @Lyanna I read your posts, glad you touched base here.
It is strange. After all the time invested in the thread you do feel like you knew her personally, an old friend. I imagine Sheila and Suzanne's siblings and others will never get over their sudden loss. I check this thread daily, probably always will. Would love to see justice for her, I hope it's not considered a cold case.
Suzanne does feel like a friend. I think he's going to be arrested within the year and put on trial. Sure do hope so. She needs justice.

I read here every day. :)

From the article bbm

"Speaking to Fox News Digital on Wednesday, Eytan argued that there were holes in prosecutors’ timeline and questions regarding what happened in the hours leading up to Walshe’s disappearance, and the subsequent events.

"Certainly, the defense and the public, we don’t know anything other than four minutes of a prosecutor reading off a yellow piece of paper with her handwriting," Eytan said. "That’s all we know." "

Sorry Iris that is not all we know. We do know more than that - those of us local to the crime and following the case in MSM know a lot more than four minutes of a prosecutor reading off a yellow piece of paper" but it does make a "lovely" Iris like soundbite imo. Confuse, mislead and obfuscate, perhaps even gaslight - all Iris' weapons of choice. Word to the wise Iris - Massachusetts peeps will see right through you. ALL IMO.

Suzanne does feel like a friend. I think he's going to be arrested within the year and put on trial. Sure do hope so. She needs justice.

I read here every day. :)
Agree with you all. Such injustice for Suzanne should not stand. I always wish there was something tangible we could all do - but I come up empty handed. Esp when she has no close relatives/friends out there publicly advocating for her that I know of. I have felt all along that she was failed by many while alive and the same failure continues after death. I know that she was religious so perhaps most in her circle feel it is in God's hands. I am not sure. I am always of the opinion that God needs as much "help" as possible. I do wonder what Jonny Grusing is up to ? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28