Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

4/6/23

Defendants whose crimes involve domestic violence are generally required to complete a treatment program and face other consequences, including the relinquishment of firearms.

This week, the Colorado Supreme Court considered whether juries, instead of judges, should decide whether an offense amounts to domestic violence. To get to the answer, the justices must weigh a related question: Do treatment and the additional effects of such a finding amount to "punishment?"

"Treatment is supposed to be specially tailored to the needs of the defendant. It’s aimed at preventing domestic violence in the future," Assistant Solicitor General Brittany Limes Zehner told the court during oral arguments on Wednesday. She added that the legislature "did not intend it to be punitive."

But some members of the Supreme Court noted there is a financial cost to defendants for the treatment and wondered whether that burden inflicted punishment to some degree.

[..]

The case is Pellegrin v. People.

Any other cases where a murder suspect sells the murdered persons assets and pays for a high priced lawyer for their own defense? I can't find any.

Any other cases where a murder suspect sells the murdered persons assets and pays for a high priced lawyer for their own defense? I can't find any.
Not exactly the same as selling assets, but Robert Feldman was able to use life insurance funds that were paid out from his wife’s policy.

Maybe it’s a Colorado thing.

IE and that DNA on the glovebox, again! And for this, she wants LS and 7 prosecutors disbarred. Sadly, people reading this DNA rubbish story as fact.

Perhaps she should be disbarred for fabrication. She's supposed to be an officer of the court, a truth seeker not a myth maker.

Jmo

In a press release, Stanley punched back.

She noted that the fact that Eytan said she is filing a complaint “is not equivalent to the attorney engaging in any misconduct.”

Stanley expressed disappointment that: “Ms. Eytan appears to be seeking to circumvent the procedures in place that protects due process by holding a press conference before any official action has taken place.”

Her prosecution team never "willfully or purposefully withhold evidence in any cases," Stanley said.

lS has not lost her edge, i see.

Disappointment!
I love it!

(Recalcitrant children are sometimes chastised as disappointing.)
Shots Fired.

Now who is boss?
Healthy.
It is all vexatious IMO.

We just need one witness to step up now... somebody saw something... they don't even know they saw what they saw near those wells on that morning...

it's not like the whole of Colorado. There was a finite time to travel and dispose.

There's only so many places ..

New search would be appropriate, methinks.

Has her family be doing anything public lately?
her sister is praying.
I don't know what Andy, her brother, is doing.
He did a helluva lot and put a lot of his own money into searches for her.
He is really dedicated.

I think a new search is in order.
If Iris reckons she's going to keep DA's office too busy with vexatious nonsense she may well be in for a surprise.

lS will fight back.

A new search is appropriate to this end and to finding Suzanne and will get the wind up certain people who may be feeling over confident right now.

if they had the budget, the right dogs and dedicated people searching the wells with equipment...

Just sayin'

A lot of these movements are as a result of public opinion.

Lauren is on it, she's in for the long haul.
We are too.

Last year, Stanley’s office asked a judge to allow the case against Morphew to be dropped after he barred prosecutors from using most of their key witnesses for repeatedly failing to following rules for turning over evidence in the man’s favor, including DNA evidence linked to sexual assault cases in other states that raised the possibility of a different person being involved. The judge allowed the case to be dismissed without prejudice, which gives prosecutors the ability to file charges against Morphew again later.

Stanley was in court on Tuesday, according to her office, and did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment. However, another prosecutor in the office, Mark Hurlbert, who is one of those named in the complaint, said he had not seen it yet.

“We will fight it vigorously because we did nothing wrong,” he said.

Morphew is still considered a suspect in the case, Hurlbert said, and he added that prosecutors will keep an “open mind” as the investigation into what happened continues.

Rest of it is Iris being disappointing..

Perhaps she should be disbarred for fabrication. She's supposed to be an officer of the court, a truth seeker not a myth maker.

Jmo
Aye. And she can take that magistrate that is penalising victims for late paperwork with her!

I don't know what they think they're doing, seriously.
high time the media did a deep dive.

IE and that DNA on the glovebox, again!

And for this, she wants LS and 7 prosecutors disbarred. Sadly, people reading this DNA rubbish story as fact.

This is what I can't wrap my head around.

She is pretending that there was evidence of a sex offender, when we know that isn't true. And she pretends there is no evidence against Barry and it was all a fitup, but a judge reviewed the evidence and found there was strong enough evidence to go to trial

So the same old routine - run to the media and allege corruption based on misrepresentations.

Of course this is all about her elevating her own brand, and nothing about justice.

Barry obviously hiding hands- with claw marks.

LE " Barry we need you to come to the precinct for questioning, photos, and to hear your side of the story. Where did the claw marks come from?"

He would have folded like a cheap suit. Yet here we are. Such a simple case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin