Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there was a missing lady (Edna Quintana) there earlier in the summer they were looking for - which interestingly enough they found another body looking for her they were trying to identify as well if I remember correctly. Not sure if she was ever found or if she is who they were looking for when they found Suzanne Morphews body.

I did a quick google search and it doesn’t appear she was found yet.
I was just googling and saw that!! Wow is this area a dumping ground or what? The body found earlier was a man. I wonder if when they annoucned that they found remains then that Barry was a tad nervous knowing where he put Suzanne.. yikes! They haven't found the missing woman yet. They think she was on foot.

Now I am seeing Suzanne was found the 22nd so it took just a few days to ID her. Maybe that is good for being able to tell cause of death. It isn't super hot in Colorado and half of the year it's frozen so maybe that has helped preserve her?

Right! Do we have any previous intel about that area where her body was found?
Moffat is in the San Luis Valley, a tiny town of 108. The San Luis Valley is an incredibly remote and sparsely populated area of Colorado. Moffat is basically directly west across the valley from Crestone, where Krystal Anne Reisinger went missing (although there's zero reason to believe the two are connected given the extremely strong suspects in the two cases.) It bears mentioning that this Moffat is in Saguache County not Moffat County, which is in far northwest CO and also very sparsely populated and rugged.

Whenever I read "Moffat, Co," I think of the mummified body of the spiritual group leader of "Love Has Won" located here. It seems to me to be a strange area. o_O

Missing Crestone woman was last seen with former member of 'Love Has Won' cult | KRDO

11/8/21

CRESTONE, Colo. (KRDO) -- The Saguache County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public to keep an eye out for Jenifer Driver after she vanished in the mountains near Crestone in mid-October.

Driver, who also goes by the spiritual name Mountain Sun, was last seen with a former member of the "Love Has Won" spiritual group that disbanded after their leader was found mummified in a home in Moffat, CO in late April of 2021. Seven members of the cult faced charges following the incident, but the charges were later dropped. It's still unclear why.

Amanda Ray is familiar with the group after her brother got involved. She said she understands how Driver's loved ones must feel amid her disappearance.

"My brother went to join 'Love Has Won' for a mission experience and went missing in the mountains near Crestone, in May of 2020," Ray said. He was found by hikers who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

MARVELOUS NEWS. May this be the nail in the coffin of the "advertiser censored" who did this and may justice be swift so Suzanne can rest in peace, and especially so that her daughters can know THE TRUTH.
Surely, swiftly may justice come home with her. The perp will probably not sleep well tonight IMO.
Like Murdaugh said : oh what a tangled web we weave ….

Moo
I still feel so sorry for the DDs

I was just googling and saw that!! Wow is this area a dumping ground or what? The body found earlier was a man. I wonder if when they annoucned that they found remains then that Barry was a tad nervous knowing where he put Suzanne.. yikes! They haven't found the missing woman yet. They think she was on foot.

Now I am seeing Suzanne was found the 22nd so it took just a few days to ID her. Maybe that is good for being able to tell cause of death. It isn't super hot in Colorado and half of the year it's frozen so maybe that has helped preserve her?
It's a huge area with very sparse population. But yes, it has its share of murders, missing persons, cults, UFO sightings, and creepy local lore. Google "San Luis Valley" for more.

Moffat is in the San Luis Valley, a tiny town of 108. The San Luis Valley is an incredibly remote and sparsely populated area of Colorado. Moffat is basically directly west across the valley from Crestone, where Krystal Anne Reisinger went missing (although there's zero reason to believe the two are connected given the extremely strong suspects in the two cases.) It bears mentioning that this Moffat is in Saguache County not Moffat County, which is in far northwest CO and also very sparsely populated and rugged.
Yes, I also recall one of Adre "Psycho" Baroz's victims was from this area.

I seem to recall that SM’s last phone pings were some time after midnight south of Salida. Not 45 mins south, but on the way.
Unfortunately, it appears her phone was always at home. Her phone pinged off a tower some distance away, which is exactly what should have happened. There was some confusion regarding this initially, but it wasn’t the smoking gun we thought it was.

I can’t imagine it’ll be anytime soon. They need to do it right this time. Just imagine how Barry is feeling right now. He’ll spend the next several months looking over his shoulder, wondering when they will come for him. I’m totally fine with that.
Good. Because that’s what exactly when he’ll screw up.

It makes me think that perhaps she was out in the open or a very shallow grave that has eroded away. Is there a waterway that runs via Salida and Moffat?

They should pass the ball to the 12th district.

(3) In a case involving the death of a person, the offense is committed and the offender may be tried in any county in which the cause of death is inflicted, or in which death occurs, or in which the body of the deceased or any part of such body is found.

Section 18-1-202 - Place of trial - applicability, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-1-202 | Casetext Search + Citator
I don’t want Linda to try Barry again. It needs someone more focused, who wont trip up and has a solid team around them.

I had given up hope that she would ever be found. I can't wait to hear the details. I sure hope that they were able to determine the cause of death. BM is the leading suspect. Everything points to him. Let's hope that justice will eventually be served.

I wonder if he will make a pitiful statement with his dutiful daughters supporting him stating how sad a day it is for all of them or if the statement will be made through his lawyer.

JMO.

I had given up hope that she would ever be found. I can't wait to hear the details. I sure hope that they were able to determine the cause of death. BM is the leading suspect. Everything points to him. Let's hope that justice will eventually be served.

I wonder if he will make a pitiful statement with his dutiful daughters supporting him stating how sad a day it is for all of them or if the statement will be made through his lawyer.

JMO.
I’d have paid anything just to see Barry’s face when he got the news. Probably turned white as a ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413