Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1695851232015.png

Moffat has an interesting history considering the small sleepy town it is today. Because of its proximity to many mining boom towns in the San Luis Valley, Moffat established itself as a hub for the transportation of materials. It had a train system and narrow-gauge rail lines that connected the town to the Sangre de Cristo mining sites.

There were over 2,500 residents at one point, and Moffat was even being considered for the state’s capital. [In 2020 there were 108 people living in town]. Ranching and agricultural endeavors were huge economic forces in town in addition to mining. Unfortunately, a large fire broke out and destroyed much of the area, forcing the community to downsize as it was rebuilt.

The resilient ranching residents stayed strong, and many of the original families still live in the town today. Although Moffat is not the bustling boom town it used to be, the sense of community and pride continues to this day.

Familiar with this case but am way behind.
I thought her husband was cleared ?
So he can't be retried due to double jeopardy ?

Last edited:
So it's safe to say a mountain lion didn't take her to Moffat?
Where is our exonerated lion, @Puzzles8

Oh, Barry. Suzanne has finally been found. Tell us what you said to Sheriff John Speeze when he shared the Good News. Were there sudden flashes of the violent past racing thru your evil mind? Suzanne's last touch left tell-tale scratches on your arm.

#JusticeForSuzanne

Boy, I really had way too much confidence in Barry's ability to hide a body.
I'm thinking without his bobcat he might have had a hard time with it. I think he was considering using that bobcat, but based on all his activity that day going to see about the other attachment, working, but then cutting it short, rushing home to not really go home, but turning off those game cameras. I recall he did something with his truck too.. he was thinking about all the ways he could be tracked and trying to find a way around it.. no doubt he was trying to figure out what to do. I think it would have been easy to dig a hole, but how could he bring his precious bobcat without it being tracked when he used it? How could he bring his truck if it's also being tracked?

I'm thinking without his bobcat he might have had a hard time with it. I think he was considering using that bobcat, but based on all his activity that day going to see about the other attachment, working, but then cutting it short, rushing home to not really go home, but turning off those game cameras. I recall he did something with his truck too.. he was thinking about all the ways he could be tracked and trying to find a way around it.. no doubt he was trying to figure out what to do. I think it would have been easy to dig a hole, but how could he bring his precious bobcat without it being tracked when he used it? How could he bring his truck if it's also being tracked?

I was thinking more like wood chipper-type destruction of her body.

I'm thinking this is more like an intact burial. I hope so.

Since he’s next of kin, I wonder how quickly he will have her cremated…

The county sheriff will have legal possession of the body until as such time he/she decides to release her remains to the family. This is still part of a murder investigation.

He's not getting her back until he is well on his way to prison, I think.

I just gasped out loud! Thankfully she has been found and can finally be put to rest peacefully and with dignity. I want this day to be about Suzanne and no one else. She deserves that.

The rest of this story can play out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413