Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband was busting at the seams to tell me!!!!
Mine got to break the news as well. I am crying. It's about time there was some (relatively) good news in this awful case.

Poor Suzanne. Such a trusting, compliant, generous person.

I suspect there will be some evidence connecting the Bobcat (or someone's Bobcat) to the site.

Thank you so much to all of you who kept this case warm and had such conviction and hope.

Boy, I really had way too much confidence in Barry's ability to hide a body.
Im sadly with you. For as little i thought of his intellect i did think he had a good hunting backround to be able to pull off the disposal of her so she would never ever be found. Brings me back around to what a dolt he really and truly is. And im thankful for that.
I am so thankful she has been recovered! Im vibrating at this news!!

Sept 27, 2023 article - seems as if all of us outsiders have been captivated by the mere smile and picture of Suzanne without even the pleasure of ever meeting her. May justice prevail.

[…]

Kurt Simpson, founder of Hoperox and a leader in investigating Morphew’s case, said, “I’m happy that her family now has some chance for closure in her death. She has hundreds of people now who have never given up on her. We’ve had lives saved because of her.”

Hoperox, originally created to help find Morphew, is an organization that helps locate missing people, and others have been helped through it since Morphew’s disappearance.

“It’s so amazing,” Simpson said. “I’m in tears right now.”

[…]

PS - special thanks to @MassGuy for breaking the news on WS. That post was the first notice I saw about Suzanne being found. Sure it was super hard to keep such excellent news to yourself.

Last edited:
My husband was busting at the seams to tell me!!!!
My mom, too! I was working and she blew up my phone. We've been praying for this day. Seriously, please let this finally result in justice for Suzanne!
I was thinking more like wood chipper-type destruction of her body.

I'm thinking this is more like an intact burial. I hope so.
Yeah, me too. Or dismembered and dumped in the Arkansas. I don't the the, er, killer, had much time given the location. Also, going south to dump and then traveling north to throw off the search sounds about right. Can't wait for more info.

Where is our exonerated lion, @Puzzles8

Oh, Barry. Suzanne has finally been found. Tell us what you said to Sheriff John Speeze when he shared the Good News. Were there sudden flashes of the violent past racing thru your evil mind? Suzanne's last touch left tell-tale scratches on your arm.

#JusticeForSuzanne
OMG, Hallelujah!!
I can't believe they found her! She was found 46.1 miles south of Maysville. According to this a 46 minute drive.

JMO

so IE didn't know???
-------------------------
I called Barry Morphew's attorney minutes after the press release was sent out notifying the public that Suzanne's remains were found His lawyer had not been told the news. I told her on the phone Don't know if Barry was told the news about his wife before the press release

Yes friends, toxicology can be done on skeletal remains.

Now I'm researching large animal tranquilizers. The kind used in dart guns. If anyone has already done this research, please let me know so I don't reinvent the wheel!

Holy ! Didn't expect this. Great news!

I wonder what forensics will say about her cause of death and if there is any tranq that can be found.

Going to get really interesting!

So-is this on the way to Barry’s jobsite, did he use another vehicle, could this have been accomplished late afternoon/into the night, before his departure?

Not exactly. As I recall, the jobsite was on Highway 50 just south of Salida near the Arkansas River. This would be on a different road south of Salida and not apparently anywhere near the river. But it would south, not north, as was the Denver landscaping job.

Now how would BM know anything about the Moffat area? Hmm.

Yes friends, toxicology can be done on skeletal remains.

Now I'm researching large animal tranquilizers. The kind used in dart guns. If anyone has already done this research, please let me know so I don't reinvent the wheel!
Depending on where a dart might have hit her, there could be a mark on a bone or perhaps even a small puncture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413