Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the husband's official status as far a suspect/POI/none of the above at this point? Does anyone have a recent LE statement on that issue?
This was the last statement made in regards to Barry’s status:

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office acknowledges the decision of Judge Lama to dismiss the pending charges in the Morphew case. Sheriff John Spezze responded, “As an on-going, active investigation, we will not share additional information at this time. The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office maintains its commitment to this case and will continue to work tirelessly to find the body of Suzanne Morphew. While we are disappointed in the delay of the proceedings, we remain unwavering in our commitment to this investigation and the ultimate prosecution of Mr. Morphew.

I am waiting for Barry's press conference, in which he states how happy he is to have SM returned to her loving family. And no, I dont want a statement prepared by his attorney. I want to hear Barry say it.
Bbm.
Agreed totally.
Re. the bolded : It may be a cold day -- in somewhere else ... before that happens.
My .02 is that he's going keep his lips zipped for now ?

Lots of good posts/observations here.
Justice is coming, Suzanne !
Omo.

What amazing news I'm so glad that she has been found. Let's hope she gets justice.

Sorry if this is already been talked about but I recall there being a picture of Suzanne and Barry at Moffat, posing under a big arch made out of antlers. Wasn't that where he went to sell his antlers? I remember thinking what a macabre photo op. I'm pretty sure it has already been talked about in the early threads. And that there are also photos of antlers stacked up inside one of his own vehicles.

Anyone else remember this?

Are we supposed to say? She's in MSM (Barry's girlfriend, whose house he moved into very soon after the murder). She's not a suspect. So I think I'm supposed to use her initials.

OTOH, I think she's in many, many MSM articles as Barry's girlfriend, who lived in downtown Salida. And I do believe he moved into her house. Also, on early threads, when her name was in the news, there were tons of discussions here. Let me see if I can find a MSM article that mentions her. Be right back.

Here we go:

Thank you for providing this link.

Maybe, hopefully the discovery of Suzanne's remains will spur someone(s) into coming forward with new info they may have held back.

I imagine someone is wishing they'd chosen a better place to hide her.

*Edit for spelling

I thought there was an ATV too.
If I recall correctly (not at all a certainty) we saw the ATV on the antler-stuffed trailer in the photos of their move TO Colorado.
I saw another post that the id'd individual was retrieving a package at the former's home... Let me see if I can dig that up.
She was retrieving a package, but it was at his request and so not theft of mail. However she didn't have permission from the new owners to be on the property, so it was trespassing she was charged with.

MOO

And also, sometimes one parent will 'use' the kids to 'play off' against the other parent !
It's cruel and twisted, if BM did this.
Happened to my coworker's ex husband and their son. Their son is now fully reconciled with his mom, thankfully.
Omo.

Curious if the husband will 'off' himself , he has to know the clock is ticking.
Maybe he's too selfish to take that way out, though ?
Yet another reason I hope LE is watching him !
Imo.
Hopefully, LE has their eyes on him--big time!!

What amazing news I'm so glad that she has been found. Let's hope she gets justice.

Sorry if this is already been talked about but I recall there being a picture of Suzanne and Barry at Moffat, posing under a big arch made out of antlers. Wasn't that where he went to sell his antlers? I remember thinking what a macabre photo op. I'm pretty sure it has already been talked about in the early threads. And that there are also photos of antlers stacked up inside one of his own vehicles.

Anyone else remember this?
I think the big arch made of antlers was in a photo of one of their trips to Wyoming.
I could be wrong.

I truly hope that BM notified his daughters when he was given the news that his wife was located. IMO, this statement is classic IE who can't help herself from taking every opportunity to smear the Chaffee County defendants et., al that she's suing for $15M with the goal of stripping them of their livelihood.

We've long known that the daughters would not talk/cooperate with the prosecutors, investigators, or community searches, and I doubt they had contact info for the very protected family members. I also don't doubt that if DA and LE contacted them, IE would be complaining the daughters should have heard the news from BM!

And how convenient that IE leaves out that her own star client didn't share the news with her or seek her help to inform the daughters. JMO

@gliving
Well, yes, per your linked release from the 12th Judicial District DA.

IIRC, official release from CBI said, near Moffat or in the Moffat area.

If remains were recovered WITHIN town limits (1.4 sq. mi.),* seems puzzling imo that remains were not discovered, just by ordinary ppl pop. 108, leading ordinary lives in Moffat. Or their hunter vistors passing thru. imo

"The 49-year-old's bones were found in a remote, dry desert field of sagebrush and natural grasses south of Moffat, according to Saguache County Coroner Tom Perrin. He said it appeared that the remains had been buried in a shallow grave before being scattered."

Denver Gazette

Interesting "buried" but found during an unrelated search. I wonder how how the 15mm lawsuit is progressing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member