Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #109

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t think this has been posted yet. Basically a rehash of lots of info we already know but an interesting recap mostly around the weekend of Suzanne’s murder
JMO

I have two different thoughts about what she is wearing..
1. Her bathing suit or whatever she was wearing that Saturday afternoon because Barry buried her thinking nobody will find her or..
2. He changed her into a bike outfit with shoes before burying her. That would mean he was thinking ahead that she would "disappear" while riding her bike. Could his mind think that fast doing that?

But again.. he sure made a lot of trash stops. ANY of those items could've been thrown away..
@SteelCity91, you bring up a great point!
Biking shoes go with a biking outfit.
I wonder if the shoes were thrown away in the cleain’ o’ the truckster dumps.

She had about 2 minutes to do that and doesn't explain the Chipmunk Panic/Dashing about; nor do I think she had time to do so after he broke through the bedroom door.

Also, I believe Suzanne put the suit on in order to meet up with JL, and there is no coincidental double bikini after BM comes home. Her last picture shows her in the suit. Barry is home just a few minutes later.

She was already on the phone with JL, so unless she brought a second suit down to the deck area, she needed time to go back upstairs and change. There's no evidence of that.

What we have is a picture of her (in bathing suit) and then Barry's statement that, last seen, she was wearing a white fringe top and shorts. And, I believe, perhaps evidence that she tried to change out of the bathing suit (from the bedroom).

Barry trapped her. She thought she was going to have a little time with JL, and did not expect Barry home at all.

IMO
I'm not seeing the 2 minute window but obviously I'm missing something. Looking at the affadavit, she sent the pic to JL (still not seeing a bikini in it but it's a horribly grainy photo) at 2:03pm.

Sorry, screenshots pasted in here in reverse order.

Barry texted her at 2:26pm (FROM WHAT LOCATION, do we know?) claiming he was done, heading back. and at 2:43pm, telematics claim he was back at their residence.

To me, that's 15 min from when he supposedly said "done" to when he arrived home.

1696469222224.png

1696469150374.png

Is. Jeff Puckett dead? What happened to him?

He od-ed on meth :-(
A meth OD must be a horrible death.

Oh my. That’s so sad. I’m always a skeptical person. Does anyone think he helped BM with a truck and BM killed him? Isn’t Jeff the one who worked as a tractor mechanic?

I hope BM’s female working partner is far away and safe.
JP was BM's worker that met him in Bromfield. He had valuable testimony to offer the case. IIRC BM referred to JP & MG as "Meth-heads".

Arrest Affadavit
Jeffrey Puckett Interview page 47
Morgan Gentile Interview page 50

I don't know what happened to Suzanne.
In any case it makes me so sad she might have chosen to cease communications with those that she cared for and loved.

Just in case there is someone else that feels the same and needs to reach out to someone for help, there is a great hotline for help. - 988, These are great loving people for anyone that feels they might me in imminent danger of domestic abuse.

5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857
1-877-SAMHSA-7 (1-877-726-4727)

SAMHSA's mission is to lead public health and service delivery efforts that promote mental health, prevent substance misuse, and provide treatments and supports to foster recovery while ensuring equitable access and better outcomes.
5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857
1-877-SAMHSA-7 (1-877-726-4727)

JMO

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll try to find it. But as you wrote above, I also don't think LE would have missed signs of a cleanup, so it's just bizarre. Didn't someone report at some point that the house always smelled like bleach, like she used it to clean or from the pool chemicals or something?

No, that was the hotel, IIRC. The asst manager said "it always smells like bleach." I don't know of any source about there being a persistent bleach odor at Puma Path.

They did have pool chemicals. Some were found in her car. It's unknown what exactly Barry was doing at the pool store on that Saturday morning.

In this case, I'd think that LE would throw the maximum amount of evidence into the AA, whatever they had. No mention of bleach at all, IIRC (although JP mentioned it and so did AM).

IIRC.
I'm not seeing the 2 minute window but obviously I'm missing something. Looking at the affadavit, she sent the pic to JL (still not seeing a bikini in it but it's a horribly grainy photo) at 2:03pm.

Sorry, screenshots pasted in here in reverse order.

Barry texted her at 2:26pm (FROM WHAT LOCATION, do we know?) claiming he was done, heading back. and at 2:43pm, telematics claim he was back at their residence.

To me, that's 15 min from when he supposedly said "done" to when he arrived home.

View attachment 451548

View attachment 451547

So she had ~23 minutes to change? And Barry didn't find her on the deck? I suppose it's possible. Sure, she could have run upstairs, changed, but then - is back downstairs (IMO) when Barry arrives home. Clad in another bathing suit? Okay. Doesn't make much difference, still in a bathing suit. Then she apparently tries to make a run for it (upstairs) and Barry breaks into the bedroom. Doesn't really matter how many changes she had - it's even possible she suddenly decided to wear something aside from a bathing suit.

Seems to me that she would have been more interested in continuing to sunbathe and try to establish some form of contact with JL (not verified, but of course WA wouldn't be verified). The two of them were planning something flirtatious and private, IMO. Did she go upstairs before Barry arrived (to change or for some other reason?) I have no idea. But if she was following her phone's messages, she knew Barry was coming home.

If she did go to change, I doubt it was into another bathing suit, but that's just my intuition

IMO.

Ahhh, we agree on more than you think, and I am following you for a reason ;)

I understand, but I do NOT agree with the way JL handled himself when SM disappeared. It's one thing for a wife to deal with the reality her husband was unfaithful, but also possibly involved with the woman's disappearance or worse, her death is far, far worse. A husband showing himself to be an extreme coward and with no regard for the woman's life, would not go well with me at all.

JL's actions did not say much for him or his wife. A good/smart woman isn't going to just throw away a long term relatively happy marriage with a family of 6 children over one affair ... not when forgiving her husband is easier. All is just my humble opinion.

If my position is difficult to understand, just let me know and I'll do my best to clarify.
I daresay Mrs JL has known for a very long time that her husband is a wimp. But he was, or should have been,  her wimp.

We agree on most. Yes, they used each other. I don't have nice feelings about him bc when she “disappeared”, he went completely silent, not just ghost, but dead silent. He deleted everything he could delete, even got a new phone, old one wasn’t available. He said he didn’t want to come forward and tarnish her image. Maybe…., but he was hoping his wife wouldn’t find out. Can’t blame him, 5 or 6 kids at home, mostly grown, worried his marriage would be over. But he hid so well that it took the spy pen and FBI 5 or 6 mos to find him. Never came forward to offer to help locate her or give information that might be helpful.
Didn’t he ever wonder what happened to her? She dropped off the face of the earth and he never tried to help find her. Broken hearted for Suzanne.
#Justice4Suzanne. MOO (my .02) :)
I'm on your team. Had he come forward once it was public that she was missing (I think that happened within days of her going missing) he could have tightened up the timeline, also no telling what LE could have found out about Barry. I have no respect for him. She clearly thought he was so much more than he turned out to be. Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot and he went missing, would Suzanne have stayed quiet for months?

I doubt she had much life insurance. Cancer would have to be disclosed on any policy of any significant value. If they didn't disclose, they would reject the claim and not pay the death benefit.
All of this over $$$.

Somewhat humorous to think that BM is now seeing his ill-gotten gains fading away due to defending himself via attorney fees if the goes to trial ?
He's already spent a considerable sum, via his earlier incarceration.
Omo.

All of this over $$$.

Somewhat humorous to think that BM is now seeing his ill-gotten gains fading away due to defending himself via attorney fees if the goes to trial ?
He's already spent a considerable sum, via his earlier incarceration.
Omo.
Not sure it was all about money.

Egotistical men don't enjoy the humiliation of his woman stepping out with another bloke.

He had wind of it.
Just couldn't work out who he was.

But your right it was about money I just don't think it was all about money.

Wouldn't it be so much more simple to just get a divorce and be civilized about it ?
Always made me think BM had things to hide !
I referenced money/aka greed before as a motive, but in the long run BM will have spent more $$ 'protecting his integrity' (ew) -- than he would have spent dividing their assets, together.

In which case none of us would be here, posting.
And Suzanne would be alive.
Fwiw, I don't think there are any other suspects/poi's, than BM.
Omo.

I assume you mean TN? I had completely forgotten about him until recent posts reminding me of his early involvement... He sure backed out of his role as family contact almost immediately. We all guessed why that was the case three years ago; I haven't changed my mind since then and I bet he hasn't, either.
Yes. I needed my reading glasses.

Wouldn't it be so much more simple to just get a divorce and be civilized about it ?
Always made me think BM had things to hide !
I referenced money/aka greed before as a motive, but in the long run BM will have spent more $$ 'protecting his integrity' (ew) -- than he would have spent dividing their assets, together.

In which case none of us would be here, posting.
And Suzanne would be alive.
Fwiw, I don't think there are any other suspects/poi's, than BM.
Omo.
control.

Funny (angry) that BM can live with SM dead and out of his life but not alive and out of his life.

Insecure money hungry, angry, jilted nacissistic selfish husbands do this WAY TOO OFTEN.

Textbook.:mad:

Every time this happens....the man is punching well above his weight. AND HE KNOWS IT. and that is part of why the woman on the pedestal will never be free.

God it makes me mad.

An Interesting timeline.
MG heard Barry Morphews truck outside her house around 5am. Later whenMG spoke with BM, she stated that he sounded ‘like he had the worst night of his life’. MG was given an envelope of money by BM accomplices who asked her not to turn over her phone. MG is self quoted as saying ‘she mostly cooperated with LE’ but ‘did not take a lie detector test’. MG has also stated that ‘BM said to her ‘that he could bury a body and no one could ever find it’.
To me BM trying to bribe MG not to turn over her phone, suggest that BM said / texted something to MG and that he was terrified LE would find it. I hope MG fully cooperates with LE. IMO. I have always thought that she may have some key information which she may hand over at the right time.

I wonder if BM is still interested in discussing a plea bargain as he was at one point during questioning with Agent Grusing

MOO
I doubt it now because of his girls and that fact he's out of jail. Should he be arrested again and there's more definitive proof he's the guy I think he'll beg for it. I suspect he's driving himself crazy wondering what they have found and if he messed up the one thing that ties him to it. He's probably practicing his bs excuses for anything and everything he can think of.

No, that was the hotel, IIRC. The asst manager said "it always smells like bleach." I don't know of any source about there being a persistent bleach odor at Puma Path.

They did have pool chemicals. Some were found in her car. It's unknown what exactly Barry was doing at the pool store on that Saturday morning.

In this case, I'd think that LE would throw the maximum amount of evidence into the AA, whatever they had. No mention of bleach at all, IIRC (although JP mentioned it and so did AM).

IIRC.

So she had ~23 minutes to change? And Barry didn't find her on the deck? I suppose it's possible. Sure, she could have run upstairs, changed, but then - is back downstairs (IMO) when Barry arrives home. Clad in another bathing suit? Okay. Doesn't make much difference, still in a bathing suit. Then she apparently tries to make a run for it (upstairs) and Barry breaks into the bedroom. Doesn't really matter how many changes she had - it's even possible she suddenly decided to wear something aside from a bathing suit.

Seems to me that she would have been more interested in continuing to sunbathe and try to establish some form of contact with JL (not verified, but of course WA wouldn't be verified). The two of them were planning something flirtatious and private, IMO. Did she go upstairs before Barry arrived (to change or for some other reason?) I have no idea. But if she was following her phone's messages, she knew Barry was coming home.

If she did go to change, I doubt it was into another bathing suit, but that's just my intuition

IMO.
IIRC the bottles of chlorine were in Suzanne's vehicle. Empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina