Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #109

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PFrazee had a "special friend" who he called after having bludgeoned his fiancée to death, to clean up after him.

BM spent quite a bit of time in the parking lot near Men's Wearhouse.... I wonder why. Just staying away from the hotel? Maybe. Maybe on the phone. Correction: on A phone.

I wonder if he had a special friend of his own. If he was concerned about the home as he left it, maybe this special friend was uniquely posited to run his errand.

Maybe someone really good at running his errands, you know, like retrieving a package.

Why does so much of BM's life seem to revolve around dumpsters?

All moo
I still wonder about that time in the Men's Wearhouse parking lot as well. He parked at the edge of the lot (away from the dumpster), which seems to me a good place to park if you are meeting someone there and want to have your vehicle easily spotted as they approach. IIRC, it was also around the top of the hour or at the half-hour that he was there (possibly suggesting a prearranged meeting time). And there were multiple door openings/closings on both sides.

COULD be one person going to both doors while cleaning things out (but then why not park closer to the dumpster...?) and trying to make sure they've gathered everything (Damn... where DID that needle sheath go?) Or, COULD be someone else drove up, got out of their vehicle and temporarily got into his.

IIRC, it was AFTER the Men's Wearhouse that he had that binder stuffed full of sticking-out-every-which-way papers that he took back with him into the hotel. (He later emerged from his room with a tidier binder, suggesting he used time in the room to sort through what had been less tidy going in.)

Had he thrown a bunch of papers in his truck at Puma Path with the intent of sorting through them once he got to Broomfield? If so, could be documents or communications related to the Broomfield job that he'd collected over time but never taken the time to organize. Or, could be paperwork relating to something he feared could be incriminating or otherwise cause trouble for him, so he didn't want those papers in the house when LE came investigating. Or, could be some documentation he had relating to SM's future inheritance upon the eventual passing of her father - if BM hoped to get his grubby hands on that inheritance like he'd done with her other two.

Who knows? But it is a curious thing that he had the messy collection and took that day (Mother's Day, out of town, the same day his wife is to be reported missing) to organize it. But, did he have the messy collection of papers BEFORE he made the stop at Men's Wearhouse, or did someone else temporarily have it for him?

There was a huge build up to his arrival at PP on May 9th at 2:43pm.

Excessive messages and phone calls all trying to get a response and getting none. He was very escalated, and had realized that his marriage was truly crashed.
She was done and ignoring him.

MOO either he walked up on her and saw an affair in progress on the patio and chased her to the bedroom.
Or finding her nowhere ran around until finding her locked in the bedroom, shouldered in the door and killed her.

Either way he put his phone into airplane modeat 2:47, had access to a pre-gps vehicle.
It was 5 hours until his phone came back on line.

Her swimsuit was hanging up and I'm confident Suzanne did this herself. As I've said previously, I don’t know that BM knows how to operate a hanger.

I think Barry expected Suzanne to go on a bike ride. On Saturday. Which is why he texted her 'did you leave?' It is my opinion that she was in the process of dressing when all the chipmunks launched their attack on BM.

I find BM's landscaping to be fantastically uninspired and I'm finding his self to be likewise profoundly unimaginative...

IMO her attire gave him the idea. He just stole the extra 12 or so hours, but we can be certain Suzanne was never, on Saturday OR Sunday, preparing for a Sunday morning bike ride.

If there was a brown towel in the shallow grave, BM should just walk to the jail and let himself in.

I happen to think that BM made a dramatic point of boxing up Suzanne's belongings so the obvious person to identify what might be missing would never have that opportunity. We'll never know what all he threw away.

My prediction, regarding the grave: no fabric, no fibers.

JMO
You make a good point. She may have been getting changed for her Saturday bike ride. I am also leaning on there being no clothing.

I am bothered by JL not coming forward because it showed how selfish he really was. Suzanne had told him things about Barry and how she had been treated by him. He knew Barry when they were younger and I am sure he could anticipate Barry’s reaction if he found out about them. My problem is that if JL contacted LE as soon as Suzanne went missing, the investigation could have gone differently. LE would have known what they were dealing with, a woman involved in an affair, who had an alpha male husband talking mountain lions and bike rides in places with crazy climbs. I feel like LE would have had the upper hand with that knowledge. JL only worried about himself. Suzanne had that bad man picker.
I agree completely. If JL had come forward as soon as Suzanne went missing, the investigation may have had a different result.

That's very interesting, as it's been 3 years, as we all know.
The article is confusing. The journalist is Nigérian and quoted a pathologist, an MD. The coroner is mentioned I think but not quoted. It seems this is the opinion of a pathologist, but no word on whether that talkative pathologist is the one who is doing the autopsy.

I can’t imagine that either the official pathologist or the coroner would speak to the press.

IMO

IMO MOO BBM

“There is a period of time where her communication with Jeff ceases, and Barry has yet to return home.”

I feel this is an important part of the timeline that needs more attention. This case has so many elements and potential players to it, that it leaves room for other possible scenarios to have played out that day. I cannot dismiss one theory that isn’t discussed as often: an accomplice who was paid off to do the dirty work.

I have always likened BM’s post-murder reactions and sense of arrogant confidence at proclamations of being innocent, to that of someone who thinks he has his hands clean because he didn’t commit the actual murder. He has taunted everyone around him since Mother’s Day 2020 as if challenging them to pin this crime on him.

That behavior and attitude has had me look at this from an angle of someone who may have planned this crime but not actually taken the life of the victim.

When you have talk of burner phones, confusing text communications, dark web activity, possible unknown secondary vehicles for transport, shady friends, hush money, pay offs, acquaintances moving away, etc., it has all the elements for an accomplice scenario.

There is so much to elaborate on to support this theory that I don’t have the time to dive into rn, but I’ll condense it to this:

I feel during that window of time (about 30 minutes) when SM went quiet and before BM arrived, is when SM was disabled. I feel an accomplice could have arrived at the house before BM and made their move to neutralize SM based on BM’s command. That accomplice was the one that cracked the MB door to get to SM. BM then arriving in a panic to the home was his adrenaline to putting his plan into place and begin the disposal and staging process. At that point the accomplice had his role to play of taking SM off premise and finishing the act while BM burned her diary, phone, jewelry, etc., and staged his alibi and a false abduction scene. All the while being unaware and detached of where or how SM would meet her fate, thus leaving BM to quasi-play out his feelings and reactions that he has served up to us since the evening of Mother’s Day 2020.

IMO MOO
This is as plausible as any of the other hundred theories being tossed about. I've always had a funny feeling he really did not know where Suzanne was which would support an accomplice and/or abduction theory although I always thought that the direction would be west over Monarch...not east and south.

nothing new

Remains’ Location and Condition Suggest Homicide​

The remains were found in a desert area in Moffat, approximately 45 miles south of Morphew’s home. Forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden believes that the remains are likely preserved enough to determine her cause of death, and the circumstances of the remains’ burial suggest a homicide.

The Saguache County coroner is currently examining the remains and the crime scene for additional evidence, such as bullets, DNA, or signs of a struggle. Dr. Baden stated that the investigation may take weeks or months due to the need for lab testing.

Barry must be quaking in his work boots.

IMO if there was an accomplice at all, it was an unwitting one. One who gave him access at the fire station to a vehicle.
Didn't something occur involving the firehouse that night? If so, it's possible an accomplice met him there ... before or after being spooked from the worksite. They didn't do all of that digging for no reason.

PFrazee had a "special friend" who he called after having bludgeoned his fiancée to death, to clean up after him.

BM spent quite a bit of time in the parking lot near Men's Wearhouse.... I wonder why. Just staying away from the hotel? Maybe. Maybe on the phone. Correction: on A phone.

I wonder if he had a special friend of his own. If he was concerned about the home as he left it, maybe this special friend was uniquely posited to run his errand.

Maybe someone really good at running his errands, you know, like retrieving a package.

Why does so much of BM's life seem to revolve around dumpsters?

All moo
yep.
Show me her vehicle, no?

It doesn’t make sense at all, yet Barry offered up this elk story when Grusing tricked him into believing they had truck data that put him near the helmet. So if he believed that, he’d believe they also had him traveling to the Garfield turnaround. The only reason I think he’d travel all that way, is if he was leaving yet another item for law enforcement to find.

I suppose we’ll never know.
Do we know if the helmet was tossed on the way up toward Garfield or on the other side of the highway as if he was traveling back toward his house? I do wonder if he was planning a trail of items to be tossed out along that route to you know lead a bread crumb trail away from the actual way police should go to find her body. At that point he would have all that trash in his truck that he planned to dispose of. Maybe he thought he could toss some bike clothing out also.. maybe that jacket (the one we see him holding in the hotel photo) she always rode her bike in. Then maybe he decided that would be obvious and why would a random abductor toss items out along the highway.. surely a mountain lion wouldn't leave that crumb trail either.. hummm so he decided I'll just bring it all to Broomfield and toss it there in many trash cans all over town. LOL Even typing it out is ridiculous. I just wish they had access to that trash.

Do we know if the helmet was tossed on the way up toward Garfield or on the other side of the highway as if he was traveling back toward his house? I do wonder if he was planning a trail of items to be tossed out along that route to you know lead a bread crumb trail away from the actual way police should go to find her body. At that point he would have all that trash in his truck that he planned to dispose of. Maybe he thought he could toss some bike clothing out also.. maybe that jacket (the one we see him holding in the hotel photo) she always rode her bike in. Then maybe he decided that would be obvious and why would a random abductor toss items out along the highway.. surely a mountain lion wouldn't leave that crumb trail either.. hummm so he decided I'll just bring it all to Broomfield and toss it there in many trash cans all over town. LOL Even typing it out is ridiculous. I just wish they had access to that trash.

The talent of this random abductor is unbelievable. He’s able to control Suzanne, while simultaneously tossing a helmet out the window, for absolutely no reason. I followed the Charlotte Sena case, and she was we abducted from her bicycle while wearing a helmet. Of course, it does not appear the helmet was left at the scene, probably because it’s asinine to remove it in the first place.

We don’t know if he dumped it on the way or on the way back, but he had the cover of darkness either way, as sunrise wasn’t until just before 6am.

This is why IE is so desperate to claim he
This is why IE is so desperate to claim he lied about the left turn.

He confirmed the location data which she needs to be unreliable.
It doesn’t make sense at all, yet Barry offered up this elk story when Grusing tricked him into believing they had truck data that put him near the helmet. So if he believed that, he’d believe they also had him traveling to the Garfield turnaround. The only reason I think he’d travel all that way, is if he was leaving yet another item for law enforcement to find.

I suppose we’ll never know.
Are there published records from the Preliminary Hearing that explain why the location of the last ping on Suzanne’s phone is unreliable (i.e., wasn’t 11.5 miles west of the Poncha Tower)? The coincidence of Mr. Morphew being at the location where LE (apparently mistakenly) locates the last ping seems as improbable as the Noah’s Ark of animal episodes he invokes to explain his whereabouts at other times (turkeys, chipmunks, lions, elk…)

The talent of this random abductor is unbelievable. He’s able to control Suzanne, while simultaneously tossing a helmet out the window, for absolutely no reason. I followed the Charlotte Sena case, and she was we abducted from her bicycle while wearing a helmet. Of course, it does not appear the helmet was left at the scene, probably because it’s asinine to remove it in the first place.

We don’t know if he dumped it on the way or on the way back, but he had the cover of darkness either way, as sunrise wasn’t until just before 6am.
I think he'd have been better to just take the bike and helmet and toss it somewhere nobody would find it.. perhaps bury it like he did everything else he didn't have a use for anymore. Instead he decides she must have been riding her bike and so if she was and was abducted she would leave the bike down the ditch and then surely the abductor would decide to remove the helmet as they drove down the road and toss it? WHY? Makes no sense if you are actually abducting someone, but neither does the husband of the missing woman driving the exact route taken to that helmet before his wife was even abducted. It's as if this entire thing is a set up. ;)

I am going with the latter as well. Perhaps it's because Barry contradicts previous statements that I believe she was buried wearing white shorts and a white string-type shirt.
  • He insists they had sex but couldn't recall if she was nude (?).
  • He insists that SM never slept in the nude.
I doubt she got up after sex and put on shorts to go back to bed. If she were nude, I think he would have removed her port. He knew what she was wearing the last he saw Suzanne and he was the last one to see her alive.

Barry stated he awoke to his alarm at 4:30 AM. Barry explained that when he awoke, Suzanne was still asleep in the master bed. Barry stated he heard her snoring. Barry said he showered and left the house at about 5:00 AM. Barry stated he last saw Suzanne wearing short white shorts and a white string-type shirt.
[AA page 20 para 1]
MOP I think she will have been found without clothes.
MOO I think he found her without clothes en flagrante delicto with JL on a device and that is the condition she died and was buried in.

@Hilt I’m not sure when exactly we got an explanation for that ping, all I know is I was very disappointed when we learned of that.

Also, this would have been a massive piece of evidence that the prosecution would have hammered on. There’s a reason they didn’t.

The tossed bike and helmet are very incriminating for him cuz nobody else would have no motive to stage that.
Exactly! I think it's safe to say there was 100% no bike ride. She wouldn't go without her water or her phone. She took how many selfies of herself on those bike rides? We know she brings the phone or else how did she get photos of the rides? If she had her phone, it surely would be turned ON and then it would have pinged much later than 4:23am that day. So she had to have been taken from the house somehow.. and if she was taken from the house how did this abductor even know she rode her bike ever? He just guessed she rides her bike so let me stage this bike ride? Why? It all just doesn't make sense. Not a single thing was normal about that Mother's Day morning. Not one single thing.

If she was abducted from the house, it had to be right after Barry left then right? She didn't have time to turn her phone on or use it.. so it's the wee hours of the morning and this random abductor took her AND made the bed?? Then finds her bike and helmet and says lets stage that.. again WHY?

MOP I think she will have been found without clothes.
MOO I think he found her without clothes en flagrante delicto with JL on a device and that is the condition she died and was buried in.
I think she's either naked or in those white shorts and fringe top. I'd be curious to know what she wore Friday night. He told LE at one point about the white shorts and top. Sometimes there is truth in the lies.. so maybe this is one thing that will trip him up. For sure she wasn't bike riding in white shorts and a fringe top.. if that's what she's wearing then well.. Most killers make some mistakes.. they over think and forget to think all at the same time.

Exactly! I think it's safe to say there was 100% no bike ride. She wouldn't go without her water or her phone. She took how many selfies of herself on those bike rides? We know she brings the phone or else how did she get photos of the rides? If she had her phone, it surely would be turned ON and then it would have pinged much later than 4:23am that day. So she had to have been taken from the house somehow.. and if she was taken from the house how did this abductor even know she rode her bike ever? He just guessed she rides her bike so let me stage this bike ride? Why? It all just doesn't make sense. Not a single thing was normal about that Mother's Day morning. Not one single thing.

If she was abducted from the house, it had to be right after Barry left then right? She didn't have time to turn her phone on or use it.. so it's the wee hours of the morning and this random abductor took her AND made the bed?? Then finds her bike and helmet and says lets stage that.. again WHY?
He was a very neat and tidy abductor. ;-)

The bed being made is so critical, too. Someone said she always made it. If it was Barry's quote, I'm not sure I'd believe anything he says, but let's say there is truth to it. She would have been killed before going to bed so the bed would have still been made from Saturday morning, or killed after she got up and made it Sunday morning. Unless Barry can make a bed very neatly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova