Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #109

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@mrjitty and @MassGuy - IMO - body disposal was during daylight hours and a vehicle other than the truck was used. IMO the disposal was in daylight hours because I think there was less risk of being stopped, especially if there were any COVID restrictions on travel in place at the time (eg curfews).

IMO The truck activity in the early hours was the clean up operation (e.g. loading up the truck with incriminating evidence for disposal en-route or in Broomfield).

From the AA -- BM's interview 5/13, pg 19/129:

1696580974973.png
Of all the details to recall in his initial conversation with investigators, BM was sure to interject how he took SM's bike and helmet out of her vehicle, to set up what amounts to SM changing her typical biking routine where she drove to the bike trail.

I wonder if JL told his wife all about it, and then she begged him not to go to LE. Not impossible.
I'd be more interested in what the daughter (who found out about the affair) had to say when Suzanne went missing.

I am also interested in whether JL (or any of his family) were granted immunity (e.g. perverting the course of justice).

1696583785349.png

Last edited:

View attachment 451852
Of all the details to recall in his initial conversation with investigators, BM was sure to add how he took SM's bike and helmet out of her vehicle, to set up what amounts to SM changing her typical biking routine where she drove to the bike trail.
If the bike and helmet were already in Suzanne's car, did he use this car to dispose of the Bike and Helmet?

I wouldn’t call that tough on crime, I’d call it unprofessional. What is the trial record like for that team?

ETA are you sure this is the same person?

Perhaps she was notified in the event SM's death is ruled a homocide and then charges need to be filed. But, I'll take Anne Kelly over Linda Stanley.

Anne Kelly is a newly elected district attorney and established their innovative Domestic Violence Acute Response Team. While at the 18th District, she created a Domestic Violence Unit.

She is tough on crime though. Back in 2011, she was charged with a misdemeanor for slapping an uncooperative DUI arrestee across the face.

I'm not so sure DA Kelly worked in LE in Colorado in March 2011-- I think working in LE might have been in AZ. Seems she was already practicing law when she moved to CO. JMO

I'd be more interested in what the daughter (who found out about the affair) had to say when Suzanne went missing.

I am also interested in whether JL (or any of his family) were granted immunity (e.g. perverting the course of justice).
I think OP is making an assumption for which there's no basis. JL and his family are not POI, suspects, or accused of any crimes here that required immunity. No evidence of this whatsoever.

JL's daughter used dad's phone to order pizza when SM sent a text message. They were having a platonic relationship at this time. We know that following this incident, JL told SM they had to stop communicating and he deleted all his social accounts where SM could reach him.

SM wasn't having it, and when she found his Corporate LinkedIN, she reached out to him again around Christmas 2018....

1696584522718.png

@mrjitty and @MassGuy - IMO - body disposal was during daylight hours and a vehicle other than the truck was used. IMO the disposal was in daylight hours because I think there was less risk of being stopped, especially if there were any COVID restrictions on travel in place at the time (eg curfews).

IMO The truck activity in the early hours was the clean up operation (e.g. loading up the truck with incriminating evidence for disposal en-route or in Broomfield).

Like most first timers BM creates 'crimes shadows' when he is doing his crimes. IOW his efforts to avoid leaving a digital trail creates clear windows when the crimes are happening,

His phone goes dark after the murder, but there are telematic events all afternoon and into the evening when the truck is reparked and bobcat unloaded.

The other vehicles can't leave while the truck is blocking the driveway IIRC - so basically we know he doesn't leave until 10pm - there are no more truck telematics until 3am approx when he starts preparing to leave.

This is the time when he is not at the house.

View attachment 451852
Of all the details to recall in his initial conversation with investigators, BM was sure to interject how he took SM's bike and helmet out of her vehicle, to set up what amounts to SM changing her typical biking routine where she drove to the bike trail.
He thought of everything to the detail - but sometimes he didn't.

Did Suzanne sit on the passenger seat, dressed and sedated? Storytelling BM would perhaps have known an explanation, if he got stopped. Possible or rather not?
What, if he had a Camper/Camper van available?

I think OP is making an assumption for which there's no basis. JL and his family are not POI, suspects, or accused of any crimes here that required immunity. No evidence of this whatsoever.

JL's daughter used dad's phone to order pizza when SM sent a text message. They were having a platonic relationship at this time. We know that following this incident, JL told SM they had to stop communicating and he deleted all his social accounts where SM could reach him.

SM wasn't having it, and when she found his Corporate LinkedIN, she reached out to him again around Christmas 2018....

View attachment 451858
Do you think LS tweet is incorrect, as the date as she states Christmas of 2019 and they had clearly moved on from the 'platonic' phase. Nevertheless, platonic or not, JL and his family knew of Suzanne when she went missing.

View attachment 451857
The daughter may not have know Suzanne's name, or at least not her full name. Maybe just her initials.

Through Corona-times, was driving a Camper/Camper van too much suspicious; would it rather have been stopped by cops than another vehicle?

View attachment 451857
I would like to know what the Morphew daughters had to say (or really thought) about why their mom was missing, once they found about about SM’s affair.

Do you think LS tweet is incorrect, as the date as she states Christmas of 2019 and they had clearly moved on from the 'platonic' phase. Nevertheless, platonic or not, JL and his family knew of Suzanne when she went missing.
Why is OP so certain JL's daughter and family knew the identity of SM -- there are millions of Suzanne's. Again, no basis for this wishful incrimination and condemnation of a family.

The case needs a sharp prosecutor and a savvy DA that is on top of and deeply committed to the case. Such a DA would never allow a technicality like withholding evidence from discovery to hurt their case. It's something too easy to avoid. A DA like Michael Allen would have hand delivered the evidence after walking barefoot in the freezing rain before allowing something like that to hurt Gannon Stauch's case. IMO.

Colorado has a second chance to put BM where he belongs and I hope they do what is necessary to make that happen.
We don't know how Michael Allen would have worked under these circumstances actually.
what evidence specifically do you believe she withheld?
Again, this is the defense narrative.
Show me the evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads