Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Savoring with my morning tea this sip of decadance:

Barry asking about immunity because, you know, if he'd be falsely convicted.

Calm, cool Grusing replying, "you won't be falsely convicted."

That's just Earl Gray smooth deliciousness.

Jmo

Last edited:
I don't know the answers to these but i offer a couple of comments.

Some theories claim BM was a digital mastermind who could disable his Truck telematics, spoof SMs phone messages etc etc. I dispute that as he actually gave away lots of digital evidence which implicated him. His mistakes are actually the ones you see in multiple cases - where being aware that he can be tracked by his phone, he simply puts it in airplane mode. But forgetting that location data is passive and also that the 'black spots' reveal when he is up to no good. He then goes to all the dump sites revealed by his telematics. This isn't the action of someone who is good at covering his digital tracks, but rather someone who had relaxed, and then made the mistake we see in lots of cases revealing incriminating actions before/after the fact.

So I don't think there was a complex scheme with his truck. We see it active in the evening, and we see it active in the 3am hour - but in between there is a digital blackout, because he doesn't have either with him IMO. He knew he had telematics. So IMO he simply took a vehicle without it. That is much easier than jiggering your truck. Rather, he believed the truck and phone would provide his alibi by showing up at home.

For the same reason, I doubt there is an accomplice, and I doubt he took someone else's vehicle. I think he just took the older RR.
What do you think his intent for messing with his truck was? That incident where he unplugged or reset something on Saturday later in the day? Was he trying to erase something from earlier in the day or was he trying to see if he could erase data somehow by rebooting it or is it something else? I have wondered if he was going to use the truck so he was trying to reset it to see if he could do it.. then he decided to just take a different vehicle.

Read back through the transcript- the evidence of his guilt is just overwhelming. Nobody does the things he did in the middle of the night and next day, who isn't up to something....

What does it for me is not just what he was doing that night and the next day, but all the lies about what he was doing. IF it was harmless, why not just say I was up all night, I couldn't sleep, we argued, I left the house or I went out on my property and I was cleaning out the garage or I was loading my truck, etc?? He made up lies for all of it. He said they made love and went to bed, he woke up to his alarm and she was there snoring when he left. Well geez NONE of the evidence supports that. So it isn't just that he was moving around and awake and phone was in and out of airplane mode, it's that he lied about nearly every single thing he did AND he told LE their marriage was great. All evidence points to his marriage being on it's last leg and nothing was great about it and he knew it.

What does it for me is not just what he was doing that night and the next day, but all the lies about what he was doing. IF it was harmless, why not just say I was up all night, I couldn't sleep, we argued, I left the house or I went out on my property and I was cleaning out the garage or I was loading my truck, etc?? He made up lies for all of it. He said they made love and went to bed, he woke up to his alarm and she was there snoring when he left. Well geez NONE of the evidence supports that. So it isn't just that he was moving around and awake and phone was in and out of airplane mode, it's that he lied about nearly every single thing he did AND he told LE their marriage was great. All evidence points to his marriage being on it's last leg and nothing was great about it and he knew it.
Agreed. And I think that supports the premise that Mr. Guising is such a skilled interrogator; he was able to allow BM to 'make up' stories about what was happening during that weekend just using conversation. IMO.

Justice first, of course, but for my own satisfaction, this needs to go to trial. I want to watch all 3 30 hours (despite what she said, I don't believe for a second that IE wants anyone to see those interviews) because I want to see the moment that Barry admits to Grusing that he was, in fact, running around the house (sorry, IE, your client confirms the data) and mostly I want to watch Grusing maintain his chill poker face when Barry says with his ridiculous straight face that he was chasing chipmunks. Chipmunks, with a .22, up around the house where his wife was just sunbathing, sharing cozies with her long distance paramour. Chipmunks. How Grusing didn't bust a gut. But that's his currency....get 'em comfortable, get 'em talking, watch 'em box themselves in.

Such a pity, Barry, you had to turn back and say of/to Grusing, "I trusted you." Sorry. Not Sorry.

Because those may have been Suzanne's last thoughts too....

Grusing is an investigator. Suzanne was your wife. You. Took. Her. Life. Ultimate betrayal.

JMO

2:07 p.m.
Suzanne sent a selfie to Libler. It is the last known moment that she was alive.
2:42-2:44 p.m.
Barry returned home and his phone showed that he was moving around outside of the house. In an interview months later, he explained to prosecutors that he was shooting chipmunks.
Was there this big break? :oops:

Was there this big break? :oops:
I'm not sure I understand OP's question but during that break in time SM sent selfie to JL and BM arrived home from trip to DSi for blade change, BM tried calling SM 5-6 times to no avail. IMO, he was now fuming and got out of his truck without bothering to close his door.

I also think SM went to her bedroom closet to engage in Whatsapp with JL but he failed to log in. JMO

Savoring with my morning tea this sip of decadance:

Barry asking about immunity because, you know, if he'd be falsely convicted.

Calm, cool Grusing replying, "you won't be falsely convicted."

That's just Earl Gray smooth deliciousness.

Jmo
Wonder if that too was a Freudian slip from the apparent suspect? Falsely convicted…….. or falsely accused? Hmmmmmm. MOO

Isn‘t it said a guilty conscience needs no accuser?

I'm not sure I understand OP's question but during that break in time SM sent selfie to JL and BM arrived home from trip to DSi for blade change, BM tried calling SM 5-6 times to no avail. IMO, he was now fuming and got out of his truck without bothering to close his door.

I also think SM went to her bedroom closet to engage in Whatsapp with JL but he failed to log in. JMO
Would her spypen have picked that up? If only it would have captured the doorframe being fractured, any sounds of anything...

Perhaps it wasn't charged....

Would her spypen have picked that up? If only it would have captured the doorframe being fractured, any sounds of anything...

Perhaps it wasn't charged....
The unanswered calls by BM are from the phone records.

Spy pen pick up SM in the closet? Nothing to pick up if JL did not log-in to Whatsapp. Spy pen was an audio recorder only.

No idea how/when SM would activate -- we know it worked inside BM's vehicle and another time when SM was talking to JL (which LE seemed to think this recording was intended by SM). I dunno -- maybe SM just received the pen from SO and was testing/trying it out. MOO

Like the lie about what Suzanne was wearing when he left Sunday morning? I think some striped shorts and tee shirt or something, no she was nude because they made love the night before. Then he just couldn’t remember. Oh and he didn’t look. He kept changing stories. Goodness. She must have been the one up all night just changing clothes, like one does when they are no
longer breathing.
And I love that he was outside running around shooting chipmunks in the afternoon while his beautiful angel was waiting on sharing that steak and the great sex. I’m sure he smelled good after working and shooting chipmunks.
But hey, their marriage was perfect so what do we know?

Barry worked half a day Saturday and all day Sunday (cough-cough). I just know if I was in love with my wife and my daughters were gone for the weekend, I wouldn’t be working at all that Mothers Day weekend!

What do you think his intent for messing with his truck was? That incident where he unplugged or reset something on Saturday later in the day? Was he trying to erase something from earlier in the day or was he trying to see if he could erase data somehow by rebooting it or is it something else? I have wondered if he was going to use the truck so he was trying to reset it to see if he could do it.. then he decided to just take a different vehicle.

I think we don't know enough about what such an event in the log means. e.g does it mean battery was removed/fuse removed? There are other strange things in the logs after the truck was seized where they were clearly testing a few things to do with logging.

I think we simply can't say without knowing these details and having the complete data set.

For instance it is very odd to me that we have from the bobcat data, that it was unloaded and used in the driveway on friday night but no corresponding truck data - yet the truck must have been there. Ditto the bobcat was loaded back on to the trailer and went to work on saturday morning, but no data for that was exhibited. Does that data for those events exist? if not what not?

I think we don't know enough about what such an event in the log means. e.g does it mean battery was removed/fuse removed? There are other strange things in the logs after the truck was seized where they were clearly testing a few things to do with logging.

I think we simply can't say without knowing these details and having the complete data set.

For instance it is very odd to me that we have from the bobcat data, that it was unloaded and used in the driveway on friday night but no corresponding truck data - yet the truck must have been there. Ditto the bobcat was loaded back on to the trailer and went to work on saturday morning, but no data for that was exhibited. Does that data for those events exist? if not what not?
How rude to tease us with the (partial) defense exhibits when the burden here is on the state. Where are are the damn prosecution exhibits?!! o_O

How rude to tease us with the (partial) defense exhibits when the burden here is on the state. Where are are the damn prosecution exhibits?!! o_O

My guess is that the defence team had not conducted their own proper analysis of the underlying data at the time of the prelim, so probably just copied parts of some data from discovery - hence why there are strange gaps.

So when Grusing gave his EIC, he didn't testify to BERLA, but to his own investigative steps and of course there are some allowances about hearsay due to the short form format of a prelim

When Nielsen does the X, it doesn't suit the defence purposes to note all the journeys that are missing - but clearly at trial, the BERLA expert would have been asked about these things.

I'd also say once again, that a significant amount of reading between the lines is required, in terms of what evidence the defence apparently does not have. From the prelim X of Grusing:

Q: We know from data captured by Barry's phone that his phone was plugged in at the residence from 10:18 May 9th to 4.23 am May 10th

A: yes

Q: and from approximately 7pm through 3am Barry and Suzannes RTT events are consistent with their phones being at or near the residence

A: that's correct

Q; Barry told law enforcement he set his alarm for 4.30am

[Nielsen then goes on to imply he must have left around 5 based on the later progress]

We know Barry didn't get up at 4.30 am due to the truck telematics between 3.25-3.52. We know Nielsen does not have Truck Telematics consistent with a 5am departure - the truck is last seen at 3.52am until it turns up at RTD bus stop over 4 hours later.

This is what makes me suspect quite a bit of data was not actually logged. The truck had to be somewhere between 4 and 5 am

The unanswered calls by BM are from the phone records.

Spy pen pick up SM in the closet? Nothing to pick up if JL did not log-in to Whatsapp. Spy pen was an audio recorder only.

No idea how/when SM would activate -- we know it worked inside BM's vehicle and another time when SM was talking to JL (which LE seemed to think this recording was intended by SM). I dunno -- maybe SM just received the pen from SO and was testing/trying it out. MOO
Usually those spy pens are voice activated.

I'm thinking along these lines as well, I believe BM couldn't get Suzanne on the phone during his 5-6 calls. Flew home in a rage, may have seen her being flirtatious with JL or taking risqué selfies while laying out in the sun, remember the pic of her with the towel covering her front? I think he snuck home, removed the trail cams, watched and then confronted Suzanne, chased her around the house but she managed to make it to the MBR.

He broke the door frame getting in and I believe he tranq'd her (she put up a fight, those marks on BM's arms are definitely scratch marks and I hope there is DNA recovered under Suzanne's fingernails), put her in a vehicle and disposed of her remains in the afternoon/early evening. Went home, ate steak for 2 on 1 plate (gag) then began the clean up process.

Had to get rid of Suzanne's journal in the fireplace, he couldn't let LE know they didn't have the picture perfect marriage, threw the clothes he was wearing with the tranq dart in the pocket of his shorts in the washer, and then the dryer which already had the sheets in it for the girls return visit. Couldn't access Suzannes iPhone so logged into her FB account to try and pretend she was still alive with those stupid men friend requests. He was still angry at Suzanne for 'making him kill her' and wanted to punish her reputation. Remember him mentioning her 'drunk or drugged' eyes in the last photo of Suzanne.

If you read BM's interviews, he slips up a lot of times between trying to appear sad and broken hearted and also angry at what a terrible person Suzanne had become. "She changed, she got a set of balls on her", that alone makes me furious. This is a classic case of DV, Suzanne was going to leave for good this time, BM knew it. She wasn't going anywhere alive. He wasn't going to endure the perceived slight of himself as a man whose wife would leave him for another, wasn't going to share the money $$$$ and wasn't going to let his ego allow her to leave and start a new life without him.

JMO

What happened after he heads home from DSI needs to take the flurry of calls into account. These are all logged to the truck. This is why i wonder if his phone was mostly on a charger in the truck - or he did his calls from the truck

2020-05-09 10:16:06Rob MizellParking LightsParking Lights On at 2020-05-09 16:16:06
2020-05-09 10:50:345082D5C28971Call – OutgoingSuzanne Morphew
2020-05-09 11:02:235082D5C28971Call – OutgoingCrib.
2020-05-09 12:19:505082D5C28971Call – OutgoingSuzanne Morphew
2020-05-09 12:31:275082D5C28971Call – OutgoingTrent Howard
2020-05-09 13:55:48DSIDoorDriver door was opened at 2020-05-09 19:55:48
2020-05-09 13:55:50DSIParking LightsParking Lights On at 2020-05-09 19:55:50
2020-05-09 13:55:53DSIDoorDriver door was closed at 2020-05-09 19:55:53
2020-05-09 14:41:55CR 225OdometerOdometer Read 385144 Kilometers (239328 Miles) at 2020-05-09 20:41:55
2020-05-09 14:42:56Puma PathOdometerOdometer Read 385144 Kilometers (239328 Miles) at 2020-05-09 20:42:56
2020-05-09 14:43:56Morphew HomeOdometerOdometer Read 385145 Kilometers (239329 Miles) at 2020-05-09 20:43:56
2020-05-09 14:43:59Morphew HomeDoorDriver door was opened at 2020-05-09 20:43:59
2020-05-09 14:43:59Morphew HomeGear ShiftGear Shift to Neutral at 2020-05-09 20:43:59
2020-05-09 14:43:59Morphew HomeParking LightsParking Lights On at 2020-05-09 20:43:59
2020-05-09 14:44:00Morphew HomeGear ShiftGear Shift to Park at 2020-05-09 20:44:00
2020-05-09 14:45:145082D5C28971Call – OutgoingCrib.
2020-05-09 14:45:545082D5C28971Call – OutgoingSuzanne Morphew
2020-05-09 14:47:055082D5C28971Call – OutgoingTim Backhoe
2020-05-09 14:48:215082D5C28971Call – OutgoingSuzanne Morphew
2020-05-09 14:48:405082D5C28971Call – OutgoingJason Hardwick
2020-05-09 14:52:105082D5C28971Call – OutgoingSuzanne Morphew
2020-05-09 15:18:555082D5C28971Call – OutgoingKim Gym
2020-05-09 15:25:235082D5C28971Call – OutgoingTim Backhoe
2020-05-09 15:27:055082D5C28971Call – OutgoingSuzanne Morphew
2020-05-09 15:28:215082D5C28971Call – IncomingKim Gym
2020-05-09 16:44:21Morphew HomeDoorDriver door was closed at 2020-05-09 22:44:21
2020-05-09 16:44:22Morphew HomeParking LightsParking Lights Off at 2020-05-09 22:44:22

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member