Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
whaaa?
Needing help here. TIA 'fersure.

Citing grantors, BM and mother Shirley, quitclaimed; no mention of M1, except as the grantee.
?:confused:?​
Grantees executing, i.e. signing deeds, conveying into themselves?
Required? Customary? As surplusage in the nature of a memorial?
:confused:
As for that addendum following the tongue-in-cheek imagery of a STASI-like "Alexa-Shirley" poking-in and about the house, Roomba-like - Redux: remote video cameras on property? Anyone? Anyone? - it evolved..well, after all, can one be compelled to be a "grantee" and to take the benefits/assume the burdens of real estate?
In my view, Barry's "caring" provision of "His Mom's place", for the beloved Mallory, HAVING MURDERED HER MOM YEARS BEFORE, ought to be able to be declined by M1 or, alternatively, these grantors compelled to convey to Mallory, exclusively, in fee simple absolute. And for the record, I'll take all bets as to mother Shirley, compos mentis, ever covering for her boy to such a degree! :p
Barry is sick. He presents incorrigibly perverse in this barely disguised scheme of continued control of his woman-child.
These are very simple transactions in the US. The filing fee is $30 so no biggie. Doesn't "really" require a lawyer necessarily. My husband and I have quit claim deeded properties a number of times over the years. Cheap and easy. Our last round was to quit claim deed everything into a trust to make it easier for our kids and it made total sense they used Mallory...she's out of college, an adult and presumably is the one who would have to deal with Barry and his mother should the time come. Most people do appoint their "eldest" unless they don't have confidence in the eldest or the eldest is not necessarily geographically handy at the drop or a hat or is at a point in life when it makes sense to use a different kid. I don't know where your comment about controlling his daughter. Presumably he, she and Shirley sat down and had an adult conversation about what might be and the best way to protect Shirley first of all financially. The only issue I could see would be if Shirley and MM1 had a falling out but nothing is ever certain in life.

The arm of the Colorado Supreme Court that oversees the state's attorneys has pushed back Friday's deadline to decide the fate of the embattled former prosecutor in the Morphew case.

Full article at link...

• Aug 15, 2024 Updated 12 mins ago

Any civil suit for wrongful death by either of the daughters who are the only two with legal standing to file in Colorado are past. They had 2 years after the death and given the condition of the body my guess it would be too late to try and extract money from their father. If I were a civil judge and I am not I would find it problematical if the daughters argued a different time of death all of a sudden. Plus they don’t seem to need money from their father and seem to be letting things take their course.
Puleeze...
Would some cohort(s) help me with the precise date on which Suzanne's death was determined to a homicide?

Because until that moment, eligible prospective plaintiff or not, there's merely a latent homicide hanging-out there.
Without evidence that a demise was "wrongfully" caused, you've got Zip Zero Nada wrt WDA's.

Here, putative plaintiffs - the daughters - were unaware that that their mom was the victim of a homicide until the coroner here declared/ruled it so. As far as the daughters knew/(reasonably?) believed, their mom was cavorting about in Ecuador, ossp, the Happiest of Happies, away from her hellish overlord.

Furthermore, in this case, you've not got a party to sue unless/until it has been ascertained who perpetrated this wrongful death.I believe we have here (sadly) our consensus that the daughters don't/would rather not at this point want to know; it's not their burden to discover the perpetrator. True?

So, if this bar to filing a WDA is as cited above, are we to understand that the CO Civil Code, in application to the circumstances as we understand these to have unfolded holds Suzanne's daughters to a virtual "reasonable prospective plaintiff standard", and that they should have known: "Daddy did it! We better go after him! Now!"
And sooner!
Nevermind, they still don't "know", or so we are given to understand. TY, IE. And now, Sorry.Too late. Laches obtains...too bad you hadn't studied Latin. :p Too bad, as well, that "The Law is a donkey", paraphrased, cannot presently be judicially-noted in the US...yet, as "dicta", in applicable circumstances, I opine it would not constitute an abuse of decorem.

I am missing something! What may it be?
..Johnny's so long at the fair :(...

These are very simple transactions in the US. The filing fee is $30 so no biggie. Doesn't "really" require a lawyer necessarily. My husband and I have quit claim deeded properties a number of times over the years. Cheap and easy. Our last round was to quit claim deed everything into a trust to make it easier for our kids and it made total sense they used Mallory...she's out of college, an adult and presumably is the one who would have to deal with Barry and his mother should the time come. Most people do appoint their "eldest" unless they don't have confidence in the eldest or the eldest is not necessarily geographically handy at the drop or a hat or is at a point in life when it makes sense to use a different kid. I don't know where your comment about controlling his daughter. Presumably he, she and Shirley sat down and had an adult conversation about what might be and the best way to protect Shirley first of all financially. The only issue I could see would be if Shirley and MM1 had a falling out but nothing is ever certain in life.

Oi!
Arrrggh!
Years of deed and probate research, in a great many cases, sorting out, inter alia, "lost/misplaced/forgotten/broken chain in title/misdescribed/ questionably possessed/occupied" parcels in counties in two states ...
... AND NEVER NEVER NEVER ...​
...do I recall coming across a deed "signed-off" by a third party grantee;
[Nor, analogously, a probate chattel/realty/livestock/inventory "signed-off/concurred with" by any heir/devisee.]

That is all the blazes I'm contending.
To restate:
Q: WHAT IS THE MEANING OR SIGNIFICANCE, IF ANY, OF MALLORY's "SIGNING-OFF" - HOWEVER THAT MAY BE MANIFESTED - ON ANY-DING-DONG-THING SO FAR AS GRANDMA SHIRLEY'S PROPERTY IS CONCERNED ?!?!

It seems odd that he didn’t transfer the house to a trust, as you did, or to both girls, as there are two children, not one. Or why not to himself? He’s not at an advanced age, as is his mother. Perhaps he left out the younger daughter due to college grant eligibility. Just seems like he’s up to something.

jmo

When I click on ‘taxes’ on the trailer property record, a co-owner’s name appears. The name matches with a March, 2024 obituary from Washington state - guestbook mentioned Arizona.

I’m curious about the back story of a co-owner. May be irrelevant, or not.

jmo
Probably picked up after his death with the taxes pro-rated.

It seems odd that he didn’t transfer the house to a trust, as you did, or to both girls, as there are two children, not one. Or why not to himself? He’s not at an advanced age, as is his mother. Perhaps he left out the younger daughter due to college grant eligibility. Just seems like he’s up to something.

jmo
Yeah I wondered why not a trust.

When I click on ‘taxes’ on the trailer property record, a co-owner’s name appears. The name matches with a March, 2024 obituary from Washington state - guestbook mentioned Arizona.

I’m curious about the back story of a co-owner. May be irrelevant, or not.

jmo

Thanks for the update on the co-owner-- now deceased (he wasn't in 2023 when I first located the PPT Statement. We know the decedent had a decade + on BM, and from the Obit photo, I think it safe to assume he was very much at home in Cave Creek with the other biker folk.

IMO, I think the registration is irrelevant and likely a situation where BM either assumed the lease space for the trailer or became the co-tenant of the Fleetwood in the Park. I think it likely the decedent may have claimed part year resident status of AZ for income tax purposes, and BM obliged him by keeping his name on the tax statement although the very nominal, personal property taxes were billed to BM at Buck Drive Address located in Indiana. I know this did not go back many years -- I'm sure I posted the history in the 2023 thread. MOO

ETA: To be clear, this is not real estate tax assessment but less than $26 per year for personal property tax. (Hence, the very nominal tax description).

Attachments

• MCT_Mailing_96517380 (1).pdf
    145.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Bbm

I saw BM at a Starbucks close to Cave Creek this past spring, with a blond who may or may not have been SD. I only saw her from the back, and could not get a look at her face without being totally obvious that’s what I was doing.

I’m not local, but someone staying in Cave Creek/Carefree for several weeks at a time for medical appointments. (Waving at you, @TravelingBug!) We can be at Mayo in a half an hour, easy, from the junction of Cave Creek Road and Tom Darlington/Scottsdale Road.

We really like the area, a bit of a rural feel, with amenities very close. Lots of horse properties, gated communities, high-end homes, condos all over, and lots of places not so pricey, though everything seems a bit high there.

Supposedly, Carefree has the highest median home price in the state. Lots of three/seven/ten million dollar plus homes in the Cave Creek/Carefree area. (Which is not where BM is if he’s in a 1960’s era Fleetwood, even if it is fantastically remodeled.)

I’ll keep my eyes open for a BM sighting next time we’re there.
Interesting windrower…… thanks for the insight and best wishes for the appointments…..

Just thinking too….. another place BM might frequent are those dumpsters? IIRC from earlier threads he was known to go there often and even fancied himself with the ladies there it seemed? Gives new meaning to his ‘dumpster diving’. Not at all suggesting that for your spare time. But you never know. MOO

Thanks for the update on the co-owner-- now deceased (he wasn't in 2023 when I first located the PPT Statement. We know the decedent had a decade + on BM, and from the Obit photo, I think it safe to assume he was very much at home in Cave Creek with the other biker folk.

IMO, I think the registration is irrelevant and likely a situation where BM either assumed the lease space for the trailer or became the co-tenant of the Fleetwood in the Park. I think it likely the decedent may have claimed part year resident status of AZ for income tax purposes, and BM obliged him by keeping his name on the tax statement although the nominal, personal property taxes were billed to BM at Buck Drive Address located in Indiana. I know this did not go back many years -- I'm sure I posted the history in the 2023 thread. MOO
Thanks @Seattle1 much appreciated!
I missed a lot in mid 2023. I will take a look back for the history.
Registration legit - may be one time BM wasn’t scheming.

The arm of the Colorado Supreme Court that oversees the state's attorneys has pushed back Friday's deadline to decide the fate of the embattled former prosecutor in the Morphew case.

Full article at link...

• Aug 15, 2024 Updated 12 mins ago

Omg could they have found any worse pictures of Linda to accompany the article?
The second one is particularly Morticia like.

And isn’t it ironic, don’t you think, that the board over seeing this is missing a deadline !!!
“The length of the hearing, the volume of evidence and given the Hearing Board's strong interest in issuing a thorough and detailed written opinion" the 56-day deadline could not be met, he said. “

Well isn’t missing deadlines one of Linda’s fatal flaws they will take into consideration.

Or am I mixing up two proceedings. Cmon Colorado ! Be Better.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP
Back