Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #115

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In response, #BarryMorphew's civil attorney, Iris Eytan, said that he "should not have been arrested and was wrongly prosecuted, has no recourse to get the costs of the damage to him back from the offending prosecutors because they cannot be sued in the United States.

Well I suppose if she feels he was SO WRONGLY arrested and was forced to spend money he can't get back.. then she could always refund his money...

@MassGuy. [Post #195, supra.]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"That roadblock no longer exists, so the waiting game really begins. It could come tomorrow, or it could come many months from now. It's coming though." Just like Bob Valdez. [Ibid., post #176, supra.]

Last edited:
Oh, for the day LaurenScharf publishes the rest of her interviews with Barry. There's a big difference here between the much maligned mountain lion and the lyin' lion. The mountain lion knows when to close its mouth.

Oh, Barry.

With the bogus suit out of the way, I do believe the new DA, one county over, has an arrest in her sights. No obstructions, synched arrest warrant, all that remains IMO is timing.

JMO

I don't think Barry's attorneys actually thought he was going to win any lawsuit.

To me this looks like part of an overall defense strategy (narrative) they are building. I think they have expected this to go back to trial at some point. They intend at that trial to use a standard 3rd party culpability defense. These types of defenses have three key elements and are most effective if you can show that the A) evidence is a combination of lots of circumstantial occurrences B) That LE ignored other leads (for example DNA of other men in the house and car), thus by definition explaining away the absence of any actual evidence pointing at a third party which the defense never needs to provide, and C) evidence of misconduct in the investigation.

To me this lawsuit always looked like a public relations campaign prepping a future Jury Pool for the story they are going to tell.
Yet for all that IE and team have said or done, they cannot erase his own statements and actions. That is why we knew from the beginning BM was guilty of killing his wife. The animals can sleep well tonight, knowing he will soon be locked up. The blame will no longer be on them.

Does anyone think Iris et al will appeal this? Can they even appeal? Presume as it's dismissed without prejudice it means they can refile something similar down the line? Not liking the thought of that. Kinda makes me feel that this was a fishing expedition to see how the judge would rule and are now able to use his findings to their advantage iykwim

Having said that, Judge Domenico's ruling is a welcome one, enjoyed reading what he had to say and he made it very clear, imo, that Barry most likely had a whole (2) hand(s) in his wife's death. Pleased he remembered that Suzanne certainly deserves better than what she's received so far.

Have to think about Suzanne's daughters though, Judge's ruling pointed out that Barry did not deny abuse of his wife and did highlight (imo) that Suzanne was murdered by Barry - now that they've seen this, am wondering how they may be feeling? Any doubt?

moo

Last edited:
Ebullience :D! I get - and share - but may we as well share in some reserved circumspection? I'm pretty sure we can.

A federal judge has recently taken great pains to emphasize that:
-"beyond reasonable doubt
-"preponderance of evidence
-"more likely than not"...but rather,
- "just as likely as not" was the wholly sufficient "low bar" - His Honor's own words, multiple times, iirc - which would constitute lawful probable cause for the issuance of an arrest warrant. And he did so find.

Fini
:rolleyes:

Barry Morphew's attorney released this statement in regards to the lawsuit dismissal:

Mr. Morphew's legal battle is far from over. As Judge Domenico ruled, "it appears everyone involved now agrees that Mr. Morphew should not have been arrested, at least not at that time"

Umm.. We maintain there was no fair probability that Barry was involved is Suzanne's murder. The defendants maliciously prosecuted Barry Morphew, and as is stated: "there should be serious consequences for undermining the criminal justice system".

(Ebm and only picked out bits of article)
Moo

Last edited:

Barry Morphew's attorney released this statement in regards to the lawsuit dismissal:

Mr. Morphew's legal battle is far from over. As Judge Domenico ruled, "it appears everyone involved now agrees that Mr. Morphew should not have been arrested, at least not at that time"

Umm..

Moo
Bolded for reference.

Yup buddy. Your going to be arrested soon.

My hopeful opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back