Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w prejudice* #104

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this article, the filing by IE states on page 2, point no. 4 as recently as May 2022, a woman with a close resemblance to Ms Morphew has been seen? And the defence are investigating?
SD in a wig maybe, cos she looks like Suzanne and all.

Side eye from me as i type that.

Moo

Eta where has the 3rd law firm come from listed on page 9
The defense found someone who looks like Suzanne and they are investigating? Seems promising ....

Article updated in the last two hours. It includes a lengthy list of "property" Barry would like back.
Computers, cell phones, firearms, trail cams and a number of "Journals". Included is a "Gratitude Journal" and a "Notebook with Butterflies", no doubt Suzanne's personal Journals.

Just when I thought I couldn't become more disgusted with him....

JMO
BBM
8. Some of the items identified in the above property chart are of sentimental value. This includes some of the hunting gear which is exceptionally costly and cannot easily be replaced.

Hunting gear with sentimental value? Kind of sums up his mindset.

No doubt SM's personal items - journals, etc. - will become ashes in a fireplace after their return. They barely escaped that fate before.

The silliness of an uncorroborated "sighting" of Suzanne with no offer of evidence to support it except an "investigation" is just gristle for the media to chew on. Nothing more.

If they really had any such evidence, the prosecution would be eager to see any proof.

IE is such a piece of work.

MOO

Did LS ever get her law license reinstated? We need an attorney to prosecute a simple case. A husband murdered his wife after she asked for a divorce. No other suspects and a mountain of technological and forensic data. A laughable "alibi" and suspect admits to being last person with wife, gun in hand, asking for immunity. All IMO

Did LS ever get her law license reinstated? We need an attorney to prosecute a simple case. A husband murdered his wife after she asked for a divorce. No other suspects and a mountain of technological and forensic data. A laughable "alibi" and suspect admits to being last person with wife, gun in hand, asking for immunity. All IMO
Stanley was reinstated to the practice of law in the State of Colorado, effective June 7, 2022.

BBM
8. Some of the items identified in the above property chart are of sentimental value. This includes some of the hunting gear which is exceptionally costly and cannot easily be replaced.

Hunting gear with sentimental value? Kind of sums up his mindset.

No doubt SM's personal items - journals, etc. - will become ashes in a fireplace after their return. They barely escaped that fate before.

The silliness of an uncorroborated "sighting" of Suzanne with no offer of evidence to support it except an "investigation" is just gristle for the media to chew on. Nothing more.

If they really had any such evidence, the prosecution would be eager to see any proof.

IE is such a piece of work.

MOO
I am sure her daughters would appreciate having any Journals that belonged to their mother. Guess I'm just not a cynic at heart.

My thoughts on the unidentified woman...that would be a legitimate tip that could easily be followed up on by a call to Colorado Springs police. Linda Stanley claims that it is an ongoing investigation and that they are close to locating Suzanne. Those are her words and she owns them. Suzanne's family says they want proof she's not alive....so for goodness sakes let's hope they followed up the tip of the homeless woman and ruled it out. And this motion was written in the spring.If they did follow up they can use that at the hearing. Any smart defense lawyer will hold her feet to the fire. Not sure why all the hatred for a lawyer that does her job...and does it pretty good. If Ms. Stanley were held to the same standard of thoroughness I don't think any of us would be here talking about this case anymore in my opinion.

What case is this? Not the Morphew case I assume, as there are no facts that he had a gun in his hand when he claimed to last see his wife? We don't even know if he had a gun in his truck when he went to Broomfield or if they were all at the home.

I am sure her daughters would appreciate having any Journals that belonged to their mother. Guess I'm just not a cynic at heart.

My thoughts on the unidentified woman...that would be a legitimate tip that could easily be followed up on by a call to Colorado Springs police. Linda Stanley claims that it is an ongoing investigation and that they are close to locating Suzanne. Those are her words and she owns them. Suzanne's family says they want proof she's not alive....so for goodness sakes let's hope they followed up the tip of the homeless woman and ruled it out. And this motion was written in the spring.If they did follow up they can use that at the hearing. Any smart defense lawyer will hold her feet to the fire. Not sure why all the hatred for a lawyer that does her job...and does it pretty good. If Ms. Stanley were held to the same standard of thoroughness I don't think any of us would be here talking about this case anymore in my opinion.
I’m still stuck of the sentimental value of Barry’s hunting gear. Yep. That’s Barry. That’s what he truly cares about.

Stanley was reinstated to the practice of law in the State of Colorado, effective June 7, 2022.
On 5/26/2022 when BM requested his property back through a motion of the court, LS was not a licensed Attorney and could not practice law? Put a special prosecutor on this case and hope they don't get a biased itching to retire DV denying judge.

Where did you get the information that they are looking for a homeless woman in Colorado Springs? I missed that. Could you provide a link please? Thanks.

On 5/26/2022 when BM requested his property back through a motion of the court, LS was not a licensed Attorney and could not practice law? Put a special prosecutor on this case and hope they don't get a biased itching to retire DV denying judge.
It's pretty procedural. I'm somewhat surprised that this wasn't resolved in June. If prosecution wants to hold onto the family Bible for instance they need to explain to the judge how it was connected to the original charge. If not and the judge has already ordered things to be returned prosecution are just in deep trouble again for disobeying the judges order. The murder case is over. The first attempt is over and done. This type of stuff shouldn't even be happening. They can start a new case, but they can't hang onto things unrelated to criminal activity. Any judge can hear this motion in my opinion and if Lama ordered the stuff returned it's even clearer to a new judge.

In response to above post re hypothetical bible comment. There would probably be some scripture in there underlined by BM that he quoted to Suzanne everyday of her life as to why she should obey him and why he does the things he does etc.
Instead of actually using scripture in the right way, to find hope, faith and peace

jmo based on everything we have read over the last two years including Suzanne's own words in her 50 reasons
etc.

Last edited:
Where did you get the information that they are looking for a homeless woman in Colorado Springs? I missed that. Could you provide a link please? Thanks.
It's in both the motion that was embedded in the KKTV article as well as the article. Here's the KKTV article again for you and a direct link to the motion.

Barry Morphew, husband of missing Colorado woman Suzanne Morphew, requests to have seized property returned

In response to above post
Probably some scripture in there underlined by BM that he quoted to Suzanne everyday of her life as to why she should obey him and why he does the things he does etc.
Instead of actually using scripture in the right way, to find hope, faith and peace

jmo based on everything we have read over the last two years including Suzanne's own words in her 50 reasons etc.
Could be but that isn't evidence connected to the charge Barry murdered Suzanne. He didn't beat her to death over the head with a Bible so it is no longer "needed" as evidence for a potential second attempt to charge him. One of the biggest issues in my mind in this case is all the circumstantial "stuff" that prosecution let slip into the case but right now they legally probably can't hold onto alot of it because there is no direct evidentiary value in the future. I also "think" and haven't really heard an explanation I totally understand of what from the first trial can or can't carry over should prosecution attempt to charge him again. I "think" it's not a total "do-over"...I "think" there were some consequences of asking for the dismissal in any future trial. I'm somewhat hoping that concept gets elaborated or at least clarified for me.

Could be but that isn't evidence connected to the charge Barry murdered Suzanne. He didn't beat her to death over the head with a Bible so it is no longer "needed" as evidence for a potential second attempt to charge him. One of the biggest issues in my mind in this case is all the circumstantial "stuff" that prosecution let slip into the case but right now they legally probably can't hold onto alot of it because there is no direct evidentiary value in the future. I also "think" and haven't really heard an explanation I totally understand of what from the first trial can or can't carry over should prosecution attempt to charge him again. I "think" it's not a total "do-over"...I "think" there were some consequences of asking for the dismissal in any future trial. I'm somewhat hoping that concept gets elaborated or at least clarified for me.
No, he didn't
He most likely terrified her, chased her round the house and garden shooting at her to tranquilize her, what comes next we don't know because the coward won't admit to what he has done, but I'm pretty sure we can imagine.
I think Barry took a while to plan this, I think Barry had unknowing assistance from some poor person, I think Barry got lucky with that defence team, he certainly managed to scrape the money together to pay for them (some of it Suzanne's too), I think Defence team were a little smarter than prosecution or sly (my preferred option) but I also think, slow and steady wins the ultimate race.

Moo

The defense found someone who looks like Suzanne and they are investigating? Seems promising ....
No, I think they saw the pictures in social media. I have no doubt someone in their office follows the social channels for this story. It's only promising if prosecution followed up and found out who the woman was and I hope they did, otherwise it's an unfollowed tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill