Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w prejudice* #104

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to rely on my fellow sleuthers to help me understand what this all means, but I’m with the fingers crossed camp. :)

This is what I find on google for general info on grand juries in Colorado. Just trying to learn what they do - I’m not saying it’s happening. Just a share from me from the peanut gallery .. as reference.. just in case.

OK, thank you. So, unlikely to be a grand jury as that would be under a new case number?

Grand Jury for a criminal case is very rare in Colorado but my experience with federal court versus state is that once a case gets formally assigned to the justice, the new case number is assigned and the case numbers are merged. At this date, I doubt the hearing officer has been confirmed --all they've reserved is a court date and time. The time allotted for the hearing is only one-hour late afternoon. I think it will be quick. And just the beginning. Or so I hope! JMO

I have to rely on my fellow sleuthers to help me understand what this all means, but I’m with the fingers crossed camp. :)

This is what I find on google for general info on grand juries in Colorado. Just trying to learn what they do - I’m not saying it’s happening. Just a share from me from the peanut gallery .. as reference.. just in case.

Thanks for the link and info. I find #6 especially interesting. The DA may request the indictment remain sealed and the hearing done in secret until the suspect is arrested.

Could it be that the DA wants to appeal Judge Lama's rulings regarding not allowing expert witnesses before or in conjuction with refiling the case? What would be the logistics of that? That would need to call out the original case number I'm guessing? Please let this be the case!

Could it be that the DA wants to appeal Judge Lama's rulings regarding not allowing expert witnesses before or in conjuction with refiling the case? What would be the logistics of that? That would need to call out the original case number I'm guessing? Please let this be the case!
IMO, I dont think so, the prosecution threw in the towel.

^^rsbm OK, did some nosing around and it's very possible that Division 6 is an auxiliary division for use with a visiting judge or perhaps a "presiding" grand jury judge. Personally, I really like the sound of that -- a grand jury for BM. :)
Grand Jury for a criminal case is very rare in Colorado but my experience with federal court versus state is that once a case gets formally assigned to the justice, the new case number is assigned and the case numbers are merged. At this date, I doubt the hearing officer has been confirmed --all they've reserved is a court date and time. The time allotted for the hearing is only one-hour late afternoon. I think it will be quick. And just the beginning. Or so I hope! JMO
I didn’t know Barry could attend a grand jury hearing about his own case. I thought grand juries were private. I’m getting quite an education from Websleuths. But why is a grand jury needed? Can’t the prosecutor just refile charges?

I didn’t know Barry could attend a grand jury hearing about his own case. I thought grand juries were private. I’m getting quite an education from Websleuths. But why is a grand jury needed? Can’t the prosecutor just refile charges?
IMO The Grand Jury may have already found probable cause for a trial. The 10/25 date could possibly be the start of a new murder trial. If DA requested a Grand Jury, and Grand Jury chooses to indict it takes judges discretion and a PH out of the equation. All IMO as a non lawyer construction business owner who may be speaking out of turn

IMO The Grand Jury may have already found probable cause for a trial. The 10/25 date could possibly be the start of a new murder trial. If DA requested a Grand Jury, and Grand Jury chooses to indict it takes judges discretion and a PH out of the equation. All IMO as a non lawyer construction business owner who may be speaking out of turn
That would be awesome! I still don’t understand why Barry would receive notice to show up for a court hearing if he is going to be charged. I thought he would just be picked up and charged once again.

It would not be the start of a trial because he has a right to mount a defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga