Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read up a little more on this, and one of the examples given was providing a false identity to LE at a traffic stop. So I think it could be related to staging the bike scene. That would seem like a similar type of deception that was intended to lead LE down the wrong track in their investigation. Or it could be bribery/threats.
Hmmmm, interesting. I wonder if that's a charge that's been used in conjunction with staging a crime scene in CO before? That just seems like a bit of a superfluous charge to me if that's what it is, but I'm certainly no expert. Thanks for the info....

Wahoo! I just heard BM was arrested! What a birthday present for Suzanne that her killer will be punished. I pray LE can put the screws to him and make him give up her body.. I pray for the girls whom I imagine knew in their hearts that this day was coming!

Awesome News!!! Hopefully she can come home and be put to rest in a respectful manner.

I feel really bad for the girls. To lose mom and for dad to be charged. I pray they have a good support network.

Looking forward to the analysis of the evidence to see where we were correct and where we were off base. It's how we learn for the next case.

I was just thinking about their daughters. I wonder what they are thinking. Bless, man. I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes. Just sorrowful and stressful for them. And probably confusing.
JMO

The weight of lies will bring you down
And follow you to every town 'cause
Nothing happens here that doesn't happen there
When you run make sure you run
To something and not away from 'cause
Lies don't need an aeroplane to chase you anywhere

I am so glad to see this case breaking open with an arrest. Kudos to all of you (and the Mods) for keeping these threads open and moving for the past year.

Hoping very hard that SM's girls will at least know where she is by Sunday (Mother's Day) so they don't have to spend another one wondering where he left her.

Hope BM enjoys his new digs....and he doesn't get to sleep a wink.

JMO

Am I the only one who is taken by surprise? Is there new info or evidence?

I admit to being surprised. Barry moved further down my list, not off of it, but further down after CCSO last press conference 10 Nov. It will be very interesting to read the AA and listen to the upcoming press conference to find out (maybe) what led to Barry's arrest today. IMO

Barry Morphew charged with murder, arrested in Chaffee County | FOX21 News Colorado

“My first reaction is relief,” said Melinda Moorman, Suzanne’s sister. “And grateful. I’m just so grateful.” Moorman said she is thankful for law enforcement’s “tireless” work throughout this investigation, noting Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze called her this morning to tell her about the arrest.

“Today, justice is beginning for my sister,” Moorman said, as her voice broke. “It’s been a journey that no one ever imagines that they’ll take.”

Through tears, Moorman said she still loves her brother-in-law, “though he’s done a terrible thing.”

Holding Suzanne’s daughter’s in my thoughts and prayers. They lost their Mother a year ago and are about to lose their Father. I can’t think of much worse things in life than losing both parents. Tragic. My heart truly aches for both of them, I hope they are surrounded by love and comfort as they try to come to terms with all they’ve had to deal with this past year. They have a long road ahead of them, I hope they have alot of good, loving support and that they eventually find peace. Also, holding Andy and the Moorman family in my thoughts and prayers, that they are surrounded by love, comfort and find peace knowing that justice is coming for their baby Sister. I think Gene Moorman must be holding them all in his spiritual arms, and can rest a little easier today.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I admit to being surprised. Barry moved further down my list, not off of it, but further down after CCSO last press conference 10 Nov. It will be very interesting to read the AA and listen to the upcoming press conference to find out (maybe) what led to Barry's arrest today. IMO
Same. Really interested in the AA.
Two days ago I told myself I better start reading this thread again as an arrest was eminent.

I was just thinking about their daughters. I wonder what they are thinking. Bless, man. I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes. Just sorrowful and stressful for them. And probably confusing.
JMO
Such a tragedy on so many levels. Daughters ultimately losing both parents. Broken families. SM's dad passing before an arrest could be made. Two communities (Salida and Alexandria, IN) that will never quite be the same. We don't yet know the motive, but everything seems to point to money being the motive. So very sad and meaningless.

Has it only been a year since she went missing?​

It feels like 10 years have passed.

And now that I think about it, putting the house up for sale only 9 months after her disappearance seems very premature to me.

Unless you are planning on that money for upcoming legal fees.
Sounds like he needed a lot of cash to try to bribe someone also.

Last edited:
Such a tragedy on so many levels. Daughters ultimately losing both parents. Broken families. SM's dad passing before an arrest could be made. Two communities (Salida and Alexandria, IN) that will never quite be the same. We don't yet know the motive, but everything seems to point to money being the motive. So very sad and meaningless.
IF $$$ was the motive -- how foolish.
Wouldn't less money be better than possibly spending the rest of your life behind bars ??

I still wonder if Suzanne found out something she wasn't supposed to know ?
Imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members