Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

Oldies have seen this a lot, but maybe new posters have not.

I make Case Archives for cases on request. I save everything I can find, more or less.

Suzanne Morphew Main Case Archive is from the beginning to the arrest.
From now on, all that is nothing to do with BM will be added here. (funeral, remembrances, etc)
Suzanne Morphew -CO-

JUSTICE for Suzanne sub-section is all about what happens to bring BM to prison for life. (imo)
JUSTICE for Suzanne

I make Case Archives for cases on request. I save everything I can find, more or less.

From now on, all that is nothing to do with BM will be added here. (funeral, remembrances, etc)
Suzanne Morphew -CO-

JUSTICE for Suzanne sub-section is all about what happens to bring BM to prison for life. (imo)
JUSTICE for Suzanne
We are so grateful for you!

Suzanne Morphew -CO-

JUSTICE for Suzanne
Thank you! Thank You! @AmandaReckonwith Always working so diligently keeping archives up to date!
For newer members Amanda’s archives are a wealth of information, everything in msm and approved sources about this case.

Also, for those who have never read an Arrest Affidavit, I offer you this 32 page AA to familiarize yourself with what one is like. This one is the recent/ongoing Colorado case of Gannon Stauch. For those who have never read an AA before, it’ll give you an idea of the type of evidence the Prosecuting DA has up her sleeve (so to speak). Warning, they can be difficult to read.
All MOO
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user..._Paso/Stauch/Stauch FINAL redacted 040120.pdf

Suzanne's phone.

Suzanne, if she's like most of us, had habits. Normally she took her phone with her to bed or she didn't.

Normally she checked her phone first thing in the morning or she didn't.

She shopped online, doom scrolled, couldn't get enough of YouTube tumbling kitten videos, checked her email or she didn't.

What hour and what day did her predictable behavior stop?

IF Suzanne went for a bike ride on Sunday, per the inmate's version of events, she awakened on Sunday, Mother's Day, some time after 5 am. Surely she'd want to check her phone.... get up, get ready..... take her medication....

Now the bike ride.... (not because I believe it happened, I don't, but because I believe the inmate messed up his own story.)

If Suzanne took her phone with her, surely it would ping at least to the place where she biked TO. Unless she brought an uncharged, not-on phone because, um, who does that?

So she left it home? To ping there? Ping ping ping until the battery died? Is there anyone who DOESN'T charge his/her phone overnight? Full battery by morning.... unless... it never got charged overnight. And why would Suzanne fail to do that?

So, in keeping with the scenario, if she takes a phone without signal biking, it must've gone with her when she got herself in the creek or when Cat dragged her up the mountain, or when the ransom-averse kidnapper took her.

If her phone is the physical item that may have been found, was it pinging in any of the above locations? Or off? And again, why would an off phone go on a bike ride? For ballast?

If she didn't take her phone with her, it must've remained back at home, right wherever Suzanne would leave her phone if she ever chose to leave it behind. Right there for LE. IMO, it wasn't.

Follow the phone.

Tragically, Suzanne was silenced, but I have great hope that her phone will speak for her and point to her killer. Missing, found, broken, not broken, on, off, LE will uncover everything it has to say.

IMO somebody didn't think of all that.

But that's okay. He's got plenty of time to think about it now.

JMO

Suzanne's phone.

Suzanne, if she's like most of us, had habits. Normally she took her phone with her to bed or she didn't.

She shopped online, doom scrolled, couldn't get enough of YouTube tumbling kitten videos, checked her email or she didn't.

IF Suzanne went for a bike ride on Sunday, per the inmate's version of events, she awakened on Sunday, Mother's Day, some time after 5 am. Surely she'd want to check her phone.... get up, get ready..... take her medication....

Now the bike ride.... (not because I believe it happened, I don't, but because I believe the inmate messed up his own story.

If Suzanne took her phone with her, surely it would ping at least to the place where she biked TO. Unless she brought an uncharged, not-on phone because, um, who does that?

So she left it home? To ping there? Ping ping ping until the battery died? Is there anyone who DOESN'T charge his/her phone overnight? Full battery by morning.... unless... it never got charged overnight. And why would Suzanne fail to do that?

So, in keeping with the scenario, if she takes a phone without signal biking, it must've gone with her, when she got herself in the creek or when Cat dragged her up the mountain, or when the ransom-averse kidnapper took her.

If her phone is the physical item that may have been found, was it pinging in any of the above locations? Or off? And again, why would an off phone go on a bike ride? For ballast?

If she didn't take her phone with her, it must've remained back at home, right wherever Suzanne would leave her phone if she ever chose to leave it behind.

Tragically, Suzanne was silenced, but I have great hope that her phone will speak for her and point to her killer. Missing, found, broken, no broken, on, off, LE will uncover everything it has to say.

JMO

I think that unless they were able to triangulate the phone pings, to determine a more exact location of Suzanne's phone, it is possible that her phone just kept pinging on the same tower as it would have when Suzanne was home. Which won't reveal much.

If/as they had lousy reception there, it is probable that there was only one tower within range. (no triangulation)

I did see a pic somewhere (PE maybe) of the towers in the area. It will be interesting to see what kind of picture the pings will reveal. I think it is possible they will reveal more about his movements than Suzanne's movements - as her 'movements' should have only consisted of pings on one tower.

That is, if he had his phone turned on. And if he didn't have his phone turned on, why didn't he? It would look suspicious.

Last edited:
Suzanne was scheduled for her last maintenance treatment that Monday after Mother's Day.

Surely Suzanne took any medication prescribed to her on Saturday night and on Sunday morning, if that was her routine....

I can think of really only one reason she wouldn't.

Whelp.

JMO

Suzanne's phone.

Now the bike ride.... (not because I believe it happened, I don't, but because I believe the inmate messed up his own story.

So, in keeping with the scenario, if she takes a phone without signal biking, it must've gone with her, when she got herself in the creek or when Cat dragged her up the mountain, or when the ransom-averse kidnapper took her.

If she didn't take her phone with her, it must've remained back at home, right wherever Suzanne would leave her phone if she ever chose to leave it behind.

Tragically, Suzanne was silenced, but I have great hope that her phone will speak for her and point to her killer. Missing, found, broken, no broken, on, off, LE will uncover everything it has to say.

JMO
BAM!!!!
Yes, Suzanne’s phone will be a HUGE factor/play very important role in BM’s ultimate downfall.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Suzanne was scheduled for her last maintenance treatment that Monday after Mother's Day.

Surely Suzanne took any medication prescribed to her on Saturday night and on Sunday morning, if that was her routine....

I can think of really only one reason she wouldn't.

Whelp.

JMO
bbm
:(

And would the person sitting in jail at this time have remembered to dispose of her meds to make it look as if she'd taken them ?
Bet he didn't think of that !
MOO

Did the husband show concern that Suzanne may have left for a day of biking with another biker? Since she was "missing" and he was claiming to be unaware of her movements beyond asleep-at-5, did he wonder if she might be napping? Or had fallen? Or had dropped her phone in the washtub and was, sans a useful phone, curled up in chair, with a good book and a wrap? Did he suggest maybe she'd gone for a ride with an acquaintance? Bringing lunch and her bike....

Did he call around to everyone he could think of who might know her whereabouts? Did he inquire about her purse, her keys, her phone? Was anything out of place? Her favorite coffee mug? Clean? Empty? Half full? The remnants of Friday's take-out in the trash? Anything on top of that?

Or did the husband say: check for her car (indicating MISSING was already in his mind -- and not a half dozen other possible explanations) and then check for her bike, straight to we've got to find her bike, you know, at the crime scene?

Whelp.

JMO

Agree.
IMHO, he will never be a broken man as long as he has a stash of money. It's what he loves, what he lives for. Money fills in the black hole of his feeling of inferiority. Money makes him feel superior and smarter that the average working stiff.

He may be scared, but he trusts in money.

The day he is broke, that is the day to put him on suicide watch.

IMO he'll need all that money to pay his commissary bill for the rest of his life. Those care packages cost a fortune, as do all those snacks, and, of course, the toothpaste for his hair.

Excellent post @Megnut regarding Suzanne’s phone. I can say as a mom of teens/children close in age to Suzanne’s (my youngest is 22), my phone is always by me, especially at night when they aren’t home and may run into problems and need me. I think the Inmate Morphew screwed up and totally got rid of Suzanne’s phone. That would be telling! MOO

Excellent post @Megnut regarding Suzanne’s phone. I can say as a mom of teens/children close in age to Suzanne’s (my youngest is 22), my phone is always by me, especially at night when they aren’t home and may run into problems and need me. I think the Inmate Morphew screwed up and totally got rid of Suzanne’s phone. That would be telling! MOO
Many OP have gone back and forth on whether Suzanne would have had her phone with her during a bike ride. My money remains on the likelihood that she would have had her phone on her person. Her girls were out of town and she was a woman who enjoyed riding alone with sketchy at best cell service and Wifi. IMO zero possibility she would find herself without a means of communication particularly now that we know she feared her husband.
it will be interesting to see what the electronic data reveals despite the lack of an service. Barry is not going to get away with this and the Feds are in line for backup. Also IMO

Was the husband aware of Suzanne's plan for the virtual wedding and the build up to it? Was the husband even living at home? The nephew seemed to fumble when asked who lived at home....

Was Suzanne's online conversation interrupted by the presence or arrival of the husband? Did violence cut that messaging short?

Later, when the friend received messaging that was "off", is it possible that the husband needed to duck and cover -- create a sudden alibi? Could he have messaged the friend ON SATURDAY and AS IF SUZANNE that she was going on a bike ride.... (which would feel very "off" to the friend -- that Suzanne would suddenly bail on the wedding plans in favor of a bike ride)... and then the husband tossed the bike, went into town to see and be seen, as an alibi for A SATURDAY BIKE RIDE.

And when it failed to get notice, he pushed it forward to Sunday? Same story, different day? Giving him more time to enhance his story and conceal her body....

How ever it unfolded, the timing of Suzanne's messaging, the content of her messaging, the location of her phone and his should speak loudly for Suzanne....

Just how many dewy cobwebs adorned Suzanne's bike when it was located?

The husband's right -- we don't know the truth.

But we will.

Clear the way for the AA.

JMO

Supposedly Suzanne would tuck her phone into her top or bra when she went bicycling, so of course the phone will play a role if it never left the house. I believe Suzanne’s bike may have been in the shop, so the “burner bike” had to somehow figure into the alibi. If there was no bicycle for Suzanne to ride, how could she have been abducted during a bike ride? And if he bought the bike, supposedly for parts, which Scot the bike guy might have said was ridiculous and never discussed (it wasn’t as if Barry was fixing the bike), could that go toward premeditation?

Supposedly Suzanne would tuck her phone into her top or bra when she went bicycling, so of course the phone will play a role if it never left the house. I believe Suzanne’s bike may have been in the shop, so the “burner bike” had to somehow figure into the alibi. If there was no bicycle for Suzanne to ride, how could she have been abducted during a bike ride? And if he bought the bike, supposedly for parts, which Scot the bike guy might have said was ridiculous and never discussed (it wasn’t as if Barry was fixing the bike), could that go toward premeditation?

My partner has something that clips to handlebars to hold phone when cycling, maybe Suzanne did too? This not being present on bike would be unusual, if she did have something like this, jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState