Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a dumb question. I apologize, I should have included link when I answered your post. Not enough coffee yet....
You should be able to click on this link and sign in ⬇️
Colorado Judicial Branch

Thanks for posting this. I just got the app and made a display name — I joined but obviously court is not open in CO yet. Is that all there is too it and I should be set at 4pm CO time? What’s up with the audio issues people have had, I denied access to my microphone and camera hoping that would mean I can hear the audio later...

I was shocked to learn that SM picked out that house in Colorado. Shocked.

I think it's important to remember that that's what Suzanne told her sister. We're getting a focused portrait of control in that marriage.... it's possible Suzanne picked the house. It's also possible IMO that she covered for Barry A LOT. Could she dare say 'Barry insisted on this house'?

From appearances, it would appear that Suzanne left everything behind to move to Colorado, while Barry kept his pile of belongings.

A touch foreboding, no?

JMO

I listened to the CM interview with MM and am still unsure SM attended Al Anon because of her father. It was not stated directly that way, unless I missed it. MM said SM had forgiveness issues with her father. She also said SM found value in the meetings. But I was still left wondering if there was a nexus to those statements or if it referred to someone else or something else in her past. There is more to learn about her family dynamic - CM referred to her as the "peacemaker" in her family. If that's true, it can be a heavy burden on a child experiencing conflict at home. SM sounded like someone who learned to keep the peace by keeping secrets from what MM shared. Their family was well known in that small town. SM was basically an only child before or at the time she entered school and apparently her parent's marriage was troubled when she was born (MM believed so) then they divorced after 40+ years of marriage in the 1980s with both parents remarrying in the early 1990s. I must say the money situation with their move confuses me. They could not afford their home in CO even with $500,000+ inheritance invested? An unsecured loan from her father created family conflict, further isolating SM when she was far away from where she had bonds in her life. So tragic.

It very common for wives or families members of an alcoholic to attend AA meetings as a support mechanism for them being a victim and being able to understand the pain they’ve been caused.

BM being an alcoholic would not shock me one bit. He seemed to frequently be away from home working, yet the work he did was subpar and frequently outsourced to less capable people. Combine that with financial issues, rage issues and possible infedelity and that is a pretty strong profile of an alcoholic.

This is the screen I have with WebEx. I had to put in my name and email, and now on this screen. My computer didn't download so I said to sign up in browser. It says "we've let the host know you are here".

Did I do it right?

webex.JPG

Oh, Wow! We’ll get you fixed before it starts this afternoon
Calling on Techies!!
I’m not sure what issue you’re running into. When I click on the link, this page comes up:
“Judge Murphy Virtual Courtroom” with a link to
“join meeting”

I clicked on “join meeting” then asked if I want to open app. (I’m on an iPad) I open in app and I’m in. Nothing is happening right now in the virtual courtroom, screen is empty. I’m given the option of letting the ‘court” know I’m there.
Just waiting for 4:00 mountain time now
MOO
EBM to add I sent you a message with screenshots of steps I went through to sign in

I'm now trying to download the app, but says not a microsoft app?

I am looooooowwwwwwwwwww tech. Eeeks.

notmicrosoft.JPG

Then I click on only option and this is the "store" where I have to purchase?

store.JPG

Even if Suzanne attended Alanon for help understanding her father, what she learned would surely spill over into her other relationships.

It's important to remember that alcoholism is way more than alcohol consumption. In fact, one doesn't need to be drinking to be an alcoholic IMO. Dry drunk. It's not about the alcohol; it's about the pattern of thought. Barry may well have all the traits without throwing back a single beer.

Alanon may given her a door to DV support groups too, as well as a way to attend (work the meetings) outside of detection. Abusive spouses don't generally take kindly to the suggestion of DV, outside intervention, or support systems.

We're gathering quite a list of things that make Barry furious, plus the Can't Dos that can't be done because he'd be furious.

If you live in that system, you learn the rules.

And thus codependencies are born.

No more dangerous time IMO when one party tries to break free of that --

JMO

Could it have been Gene? They kept stressing her childhood influencing her actions in adulthood. Just thinking.....
Yes IMO it was her father. There is a eulogy also posted on this thread from Gene's memorial service that will also give some further insight. Just for clarity - www.al-anon.org - is a group for people who are worried about a loved one who they feel has a drinking problem. AA is the group for the actual one's who feel they have the problem.
Melinda said that she felt alanon was helping Suzanne discover who she was - helping her understand that secrets are not healthy and you do not have to always pretend everything is fine despite what is going on in in the background.

Thanks for posting this. I just got the app and made a display name — I joined but obviously court is not open in CO yet. Is that all there is too it and I should be set at 4pm CO time? What’s up with the audio issues people have had, I denied access to my microphone and camera hoping that would mean I can hear the audio later...
Yes, that’s all there is to it. Audio issues in the past have been from observers leaving on their microphones (background noise) and from the court person in charge of setting up the virtual hearing. That person needs to disable the “notification” signal when new people join, as I understand it. MOO

Another huge thumbs up for Melinda (SM’s sister). I listened to her interview and focused on her words only (not the hosts) and this is my takeaway. Melinda is so thoughtful and so self-aware. I like her energy and understand and respect the way she looks at BM from the past and the BM now accused of murdering her sister. I would like to have a glass of wine with her and just talk life.

Debunked for me – SM went kicking and screaming to CO. SM wanted to move back to IN. SM was miserable in CO. SM didn’t have a say in the PP home or the décor. She was not fearful in her text to her sister Friday morning. Melinda did say her text was clear as to SM’s state of mind that Friday morning. She also stated to SM after reading the text she needed to think on it before responding.

I now think after listening to her sister, that SM was resolved to end her marriage to BM and she was going to be critically honest with him about her exit from the marriage. Maybe being in CO, away from family and in new surroundings she found clarity, a rebirth of herself and wanted freedom.

I expect this conversation resulted in daggers flying at some point that weekend. Maybe even BM’s manhood being obliterated. If she suspected or knew he had/was having affairs/flings, well he no longer pleased her anymore anyway (maybe). Mic drop for a guy like BM.

IMO

I listened to the CM interview with MM and am still unsure SM attended Al Anon because of her father. It was not stated directly that way, unless I missed it. MM said SM had forgiveness issues with her father. She also said SM found value in the meetings. But I was still left wondering if there was a nexus to those statements or if it referred to someone else or something else in her past. There is more to learn about her family dynamic - CM referred to her as the "peacemaker" in her family. If that's true, it can be a heavy burden on a child experiencing conflict at home. SM sounded like someone who learned to keep the peace by keeping secrets from what MM shared. Their family was well known in that small town. SM was basically an only child before or at the time she entered school and apparently her parent's marriage was troubled when she was born (MM believed so) then they divorced after 40+ years of marriage in the 1980s with both parents remarrying in the early 1990s. I must say the money situation with their move confuses me. They could not afford their home in CO even with $500,000+ inheritance invested? An unsecured loan from her father created family conflict, further isolating SM when she was far away from where she had bonds in her life. So tragic.

I thought it was a very interesting and informative interview and showed what a truly lovely person MM is
I agree that the comments about Suzanne attending Al Anon meetings was left open to different interpretations.

I have thought about it and my feelings are that it was connected to her father. MM did also say that Suzanne 's mother was a very private person . It could be Suzanne was taught from a very early age not to discuss family matters outside the home and before her parents divorced she might have tried to be the peacemaker between her them. She then continued to keep any problems in her own marriage to herself.

I do so hope Suzanne's girls get into contact with MM as she would be so supportive and compassionate in helping them through what has happened.

I'm now trying to download the app, but says not a microsoft app?

I am looooooowwwwwwwwwww tech. Eeeks.

View attachment 298630

Then I click on only option and this is the "store" where I have to purchase?

View attachment 298641
We need the help of someone that’s using a PC, I’m on an Apple iPad. I’ve not had to purchase anything, just downloaded the WebEx app.
‎Cisco Webex Meetings
This PC Link ⬇️ Says “sign up for free, no cc needed, no commitment” ⬇️
https://cart.webex.com/sign-up?experienceType=Unified&ft=selfsignup

I think it's important to remember that that's what Suzanne told her sister. We're getting a focused portrait of control in that marriage.... it's possible Suzanne picked the house. It's also possible IMO that she covered for Barry A LOT. Could she dare say 'Barry insisted on this house'?

From appearances, it would appear that Suzanne left everything behind to move to Colorado, while Barry kept his pile of belongings.

A touch foreboding, no?

JMO

BBM, I think it's possible SM did pick the house from a few choices given to her by BM.

Yes, that’s all there is to it. Audio issues in the past have been from observers leaving on their microphones (background noise) and from the court person in charge of setting up the virtual hearing. That person needs to disable the “notification” signal when new people join, as I understand it. MOO

great, thanks! I think I’ll try it out at some point today, assuming the judge is hearing other cases. Wouldn’t want to have last minute issues and miss this. I noticed when I log in it asks for a meeting number to join, but I saved your link from a previous post and will enter that way.

by the way— are we really thinking the AA could be released today? I think it’s possible but new defense will put up a fight about it —not sure that matters though since the 2 weeks the judge allowed ends today. Curious to hear if you think we’ll be seeing it today. (And if you already posted about this, sorry, I must have missed it)

Last edited:
great, thanks! I think I’ll try it out at some point today, assuming the judge is hearing other cases. Wouldn’t want to have last minute issues and miss this. I noticed when I log in it asks for a meeting number to join, but I saved your link from a previous post and will enter that way.

by the way— are we really thinking the AA could be released today? I think it’s possible but new defense will put up a fight about it —not sure that matters though since the 2 weeks the judge allowed ends today. Curious to hear if you think we’ll be seeing it today. (And if you already posted about this, sorry, I must have missed it)
My sincerest hope is we’ll see the AA released today or a couple of days. However, I will not be surprised if the defense asks for more time to familiarize themselves with it and ask for a delay. I do believe there will be a redacted copy released when it is released, redacting potential witness’ names, addresses, etc.
But the AA will still give us a good idea why the charges were brought and what the “theory” is of LE & the DA on what happened to SM, when it happened, and what evidence points to BM as the perpetrator. Just my MOO. If you’ve never read an AA before, let me suggest a quick read of the AA on the Gannon Stauch murder (link below) (case of 11 yr old CO boy, step mom charged)
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user..._Paso/Stauch/Stauch FINAL redacted 040120.pdf

Melinda is a very powerful voice for Suzanne.

I think it's easy to form a fairly accurate picture of what happened.

I think there were serious financial issues that needed to be addressed immediately.

The most dangerous time for a woman is when she leaves an abusive relationship.

I think Suzanne was leaving.

I think we may find out there were already plans in motion for that.

And I remember what their step-brother Thomas said: "No one leaves Barry."

I also think Suzanne picked out the house she knew BM wanted. She was a peacekeeper.

MOO

Yes! Looks like you’re in! Congrats @dixiegirl1035

Well, I sat and sat and sat and nothing happened so I logged off and cannot figure how to get back to where I was.

I give up.

I did the other link for the freebie... and it didn't give options to join an existing meeting. I can't deal with technical frustrations such as this, so I'll just follow what is in the threads.

howtojoin.JPG

Thanks.

People raised in a “dysfunctional home” with someone who is a practicing alcoholic or someone who has quit drinking, benefit from AlAnon because it’s the day to day “behaviors” the “stinking thinking” that makes for the dysfunction, even existing in those who have never been a drinker. Many people gain a new perspective on their “own” behavior and reactions to situations and other people through AlAnon. Breaking the cycle is what it’s all about. The Morphew daughters could even gain knowledge through AlAnon. It’s a difficult family dynamics. What is familiar to us growing up often dictates our choices as adults, unless we educate ourselves. Melinda is a “super-sister” in my eyes. She’s done the work, a lot of it. Powerful interview. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member