Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #64 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the following website (Judge Murphy's Virtual Courtroom) and click 'JOIN MEETING'.
Colorado Judicial Branch

You will get a pop up window to either 'Open WebEx' or 'Launch Meeting'.

Since it is your first time, I think you will be prompted to enter your name (I use my initials, as everyone will be able to see it.)

Make sure to mute your microphone (I think it defaults to unmuted?) by pressing 'button' at bottom left on the page. You may want to either cover your camera or disable so people cannot see you during the hearing also.

Hopefully this helps. I'm no expert. But you can try to do this beforehand to get it set up so you are ready to go at 10:00 mountain time this morning. Good luck!

oh duh. 10 am Mountain time. I am eastern and forgot! Thank you!

Go to the following website (Judge Murphy's Virtual Courtroom) and click 'JOIN MEETING'.
Colorado Judicial Branch

Since it is your first time, I think you will be prompted to enter your name (I use my initials, as everyone will be able to see it.)

Make sure to mute your microphone (I think it defaults to unmuted?) by pressing 'button' at bottom left on the page. You may want to either cover your camera or disable so people cannot see you during the hearing also.

Hopefully this helps. I'm no expert. But you can try to do this beforehand to get it set up so you are ready to go at 10:00 mountain time this morning. Good luck!
Wow thanks so much!

Colorado Judicial Branch

Wow thanks so much!
No worries. I’m Eastern time also.

Colorado Judicial Branch

I got it and I signed on. Thanks for your help. Now we wait. :rolleyes:

Right. I get that the judge and DA are supposed to provide protection, but my question is from who or what? From anyone or anything that might cause them to feel harrassed? It seems in the Victim Rights Act that it is limited in scope to the defendant and associated parties. Is the judge taking a broad interpretation in his duty to provide protection? Is it common practice for a judge to consider media (or anyone else not associated with the defendant) when deciding to protect victims by not releasing records? I really have no idea.

I'm going to make a wild guess here that Judge Murphy does not live under a rock and knows how nasty MSM and social media can get. Were it revealed that there had been ongoing abuse of SM in the household in front of the children, and that was exposed by releasing the report, some of the more vile folks in the MSM and on social media would accuse the girls of knowing there was escalating abuse and that the girls should have reported it, with all the related finger pointing and witch hunting.

It may all come out during trial, but the Judge may be attempting deflect the majority of the flack until it became unavoidable.

Just MOO

Last edited:
The meeting has been cancelled or ended

Hmmm. Anyone else just get this message on webex?
I didn't and I'm still in the courtroom.

Did the chat go away? I saw it earlier and then I started pressing buttons and now it's gone. I get myself in trouble pushing buttons.

Last edited:
BM has friends? Or, are they acquaintances?
I thought his only friend in Salida and his nephew had both turned against him.
People I recognize who have stood up for him in the past, I should correct my post! :) But was in a hurry when I wrote it. I stand corrected. I think most have turned on him. I would! MOO This will be the last time we see him for a while! #JusticeForSuzanne
#PleadGuiltyBM

How are you guys seeing the courtroom?
Please help.

Once you've logged in, you can see the names of everyone else in the room. There is one pic that looks like a courtroom. Click that one, or the 3 little dots in the upper right corner on that one, and hit "move to stage." (If I'm doing this right.)

Once again, I'm lost on how to work this thing. I can't hear anything in Patrick Murphy's courtroom. Is that the correct one?

Can someone explain it like I'm 5, how to get my audio up and running? Or is it muted right now?
I think it's muted right now because I'm not hearing anything and I was on the previous case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow