Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #64 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the spy pen was just the type that is a recorder or did it also have a camera feature.
We don't know the make/brand/capability of the spy pen but I believe it was only a recorder. The defense referred only to an audio recording from Suzanne's spy pen where the FBI enhanced the audio because the quality was weak.

The following is unlikely... but not out of the realm of possibility:

Perhaps we aren't thinking the word "messages" properly. The messages may not be recorded from a device... rather they are messages from an individual directly. The pen could be passed back and forth between 2 people who are leaving messages directly for each other. "Indirect Direct Communication" of sorts. This would make sense if Suzanne had a PI or some other individual in her corner keeping tabs on Barry. The pen hand-off could take place during Suzanne's "alone time" - which in my mind means somewhere on a hiking/biking trail any number of times throughout any given week.
The spy pen recordings were between Suzanne and another individual on a telephone, and Suzanne also listening to messages from that individual.

The following is unlikely... but not out of the realm of possibility:

Perhaps we aren't thinking the word "messages" properly. The messages may not be recorded from a device... rather they are messages from an individual directly. The pen could be passed back and forth between 2 people who are leaving messages directly for each other. "Indirect Direct Communication" of sorts. This would make sense if Suzanne had a PI or some other individual in her corner keeping tabs on Barry. The pen hand-off could take place during Suzanne's "alone time" - which in my mind means somewhere on a hiking/biking trail any number of times throughout any given week.

Brilliant post!

Sleuthers!

This is a time for prayer!

let us all pray that the prosecution gets off their behinds and (1) provides all required evidence timely and (2) catches up on all the factual details of the case!

#Let’s WIN this case!
The lead prosecutor, Jeff Lindsey, was for years the right hand man of legendary El Paso County District Attorney, Dan May.

An office that has had recent experience with the no-body case of Kelsey Berreth, and initially, the no-body case of Gannon Stauch.

He has prosecuted countless homicide cases, and knows exactly what he’s doing. If he’s good enough for Dan May, then he’s good enough for anyone.

It is not uncommon for defense attorneys to complain about issues with discovery, but it is uncommon to have this much evidence (a staggering amount that I’ve never before seen in a case like this).

I have seen absolutely nothing that gives me any cause for concern.

Can some one please tell me what a spy pen is. It sounds like something out of James Bond!
@TIGER0822 Yes. Bond, James Bond. If you have not read back in thread discussion, this may help.

Gen'ly they look like fountain pens or ballpoint pens. Some record audio only, some take still pix only, some video, and/or combo's.
256px-Spy_camera_pen.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...f/Spy_camera_pen.jpg/256px-Spy_camera_pen.jpg

FWIW, a user review of several spy pens discussing various features.
Channel Your Inner Spy With These Sleek and Discreet Spy Pens

ETA: Earlier today, @Seattle1:):D (TYVM) linked a good youtube review.

Last edited:
I think it was pretty clear from yesterday that it was Suzanne recording and it was a unnamed man. LE brought the man in and had him listen to the recordings.
Maybe that man was BM. Of course no one's going to say his name in court. Could this pen also be part of the April 5 items? Maybe he was allowed to hear the enhanced version that's how the defense knows it exists. moo

"The “spy pen” itself is alleged to have contained audio of Suzanne “talking to a man on the phone.”
That sounds to me like it's Barry recording her and not the other way around because why would she be recording her own phone calls with another man? I'm sorry for the confusion I guess I worded my prior post wrong I should have said "It sounds to me like the article is saying it was Barry and not Suzanne" sorry for the confusion.
Because BM is the man?

So, summarizing EI's list of grievances, here's her litany of complaints so far:
  • Barry's tan is fading.
  • There's an issue with a mechanical thingy on the spy pen.
  • She can't figure out how to open files, and the mean DA man won't walk her through it for the 13th time.
  • Barry's being held hostage against his will. He wants to go home.
  • The defense is being buried beneath all of the evidence, and it's just not fair.
  • Bail should be set, because these aren't capital charges. The fact that the judge says they are capital charges, notwithstanding.
Wow.

Such compelling legal arguments.

I can't believe the judge hasn't dismissed all the charges and sent Barry home yet.

JMO.
Maybe it's a blond thing. (Sorry blonds). :rolleyes:

DeDee said:
I'm the one who feels BM began a murder plot after Suzanne inherited the $600k.

I agree.

And after Suzanne got the word that her cancer was responding to treatment.

MOO.

The Inheritance and The Cancer : Motive Develops

This is very important to the timeline to murder Suzanne.

But, who thinks like that? Right? BM is diabolical.

Barry's wife inherits over half a million dollars and her body has battled cancer for a second time. They're moving to CO and everyone will be so happy to begin fresh and new in Salida.

How else might Barry have been preparing his life for when he would WANT TO KILL Suzanne? If he did anything, how did that thought become Barry MUST KILL Suzanne? Consequently, Suzanne is missing on Mother's Day weekend 2020.

The DA clearly states in their charging documents that Barry had deliberation over her murder although it's not clear precisely the length of time he deliberated. Could he have been even slightly considering it since the inheritance and cancer's positive reaction while in Indiana? In spite of all that, Barry is diabolical and should never be free to walk another mountain or stalk another creature.

Jmhoo #JusticeForSuzanne

Maybe that man was BM. Of course no one's going to say his name in court. Could this pen also be part of the April 5 items? Maybe he was allowed to hear the enhanced version that's how the defense knows it exists. moo

I thought it could have been BM also.

The only thing that throws me is that the man is referred to as a "consequential witness".
Not referred to as the "defendant" or "Mr Morphew" or "our client" or "Bazza" (sorry, the last one is common Aussie slang for anyone named Barry :D ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801