Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, they only seem to be necessary when private attorneys are defending the accused. Many times they are hoping to cash in on the publicity, like our boy Norm.

When the public defender’s office is utilized, there’s no need for a gag order, as they have a policy that restricts them from commenting on the case outside of normal protocols.

The same is true for the prosecution as well.
Well, Norm and his sidekick are gagged for the next 40 years. Good enough. And, they had to pay back a ton of money. Not enough, but at least it's something.

They only allow one.

Actually, the sealing Order that's set to expire 7 days after the conclusion of the PEPG hearing and Preliminary Hearing (Aug 24) is subject to being extended or continued. Before the expiration, the court provided for considering further requests or arguments as to why or why not the Order should continue and in what form.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Order Limit Public Redacted.pdf

ETA: Misunderstood OP was addressing jury duty postponement limited to one time and not court extending the seal on AA. :oops:

Last edited:
Actually, the sealing Order that's set to expire 7 days after the conclusion of the PEPG hearing and Preliminary Hearing (Aug 24) is subject to being extended or continued. Before the expiration, the court provided for considering further requests or arguments as to why or why not the Order should continue and in what form.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Order Limit Public Redacted.pdf

i think cindizzi meant she can’t get another postponement of jury duty

Yes I meant my jury duty. Sorry.
But to get back on topic, @Seattle1 Do you think the Defense will ask for the AA to remain sealed past the expiration of that Order?

I’m so very curious about the bike. I think something not right about the bike added to the early conjecture by LE that SUZANNE did not have a bicycle accident.

I’ve also thought the something wrong with the bike prompted nephew TN to take himself out of the family spokesperson role, and his silence following. His statement for people to ask LE about the condition of the bike has always puzzled me, and is basically the last we hear from him.

How his extrication from involvement fits with the two men who approached MG, if he really was one of the two, I don’t know. I don’t recall when she was approached by the men, and didn’t check the timeline before posting. Sorry.

Unlike many here, I don’t believe he helped BM with the “Oh, Suzanne” video. I think he was distancing himself from BM by that time.

Anyway, I sure hope we get some facts about the bicycle at the prelim. And when we have access, the AA should answer most, if not all, questions about everything.

Maybe someone will have an audio/video capable spy pen?

(No, I’m not encouraging anyone to go against the court’s instructions. Making a feeble attempt at a bit of levity in the midst of this horrific case.)

Yes I meant my jury duty. Sorry.
But to get back on topic, @Seattle1 Do you think the Defense will ask for the AA to remain sealed past the expiration of that Order?
I do not think the request will come from the prosecution but we can't put anything past BM's defense. And I'm very curious if the "victims" will make a personal appearance in court. If they do, I think the purpose will be simply to perpetuate their "victim" status. MOO

True. If even one of these things captured him in the act of harming Suzanne, or like you wrote in the area where her bike was, why did it take so long for an arrest? These are things that puzzle me.

Could be they didn't have any of these smart things, except a computer and Suzanne's Kindle which could have a wealth of information on them. I just don't know.
I think it’s more likely to be a variety of things: his/her cell locations, texts, calls, other apps, vehicle data, lies from Barry during his 3-30 hours of interviews, his creation of a failed alibi, Melinda texts, conversations with BFF, missing coolers, bobcat repair, did he make plans to flee prior to his arrest? This case is nutty, I mean how many killers have committed ballot fraud???

I’m hopeful there’s a lot of evidence we know nothing about. I’m excited to learn about it and understand how LE was able to piece it together.

Is this wrong?
Public allowed to watch court proceedings of Barry Morphew case at Chaffee County Fairgrounds

Fox31 has it as well.
I received a Google alert but they're often days late
No it’s true. Here is the Judge’s Order. He is allowing live-tweeting thank goodness so we are counting on some good reporters to let us know what is going on. Colorado law never allows preliminary hearings in criminal cases to have expanded media coverage, so there will be no recording.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...col For Preliminary_Proof Evident Hearing.pdf

Few years ago my sister and female cousin and I were talking about how everyone these days say that Bless your Heart has always been mean spirited and an insult. We never used it that way growing up in Texas and Oklahoma. We still say it to (and about )anyone who’s having a rough time or got bad news, etc. Bless her heart. Still use it like that.
I bet ( hope) those MS ladies meant it sincerely with you.
I do know that today it’s used as a veiled insult. JMO
My Grandma used it sincerely. Most of the time..lol. But she used it compassionately and she really meant it.

But if I did tell her something bad about what a friend did to me or something, instead of saying anything mean , Grandma would say 'oh, bless her little heart' and I could tell what she meant. She meant for me not to say anything mean about her, just feel bad for her being so rude.

I think it’s more likely to be a variety of things: his/her cell locations, texts, calls, other apps, vehicle data, lies from Barry during his 3-30 hours of interviews, his creation of a failed alibi, Melinda texts, conversations with BFF, missing coolers, bobcat repair, did he make plans to flee prior to his arrest? This case is nutty, I mean how many killers have committed ballot fraud???

I’m hopeful there’s a lot of evidence we know nothing about. I’m excited to learn about it and understand how LE was able to piece it together.
LE had to build their case so I'm thinking maybe none of these things like a webcam or a smart tv captured anything. What about Suzanne's cell phone, I wonder. Could that have captured her murder so he destroyed it?

I've thought about just where in the house the murder took place. I thought it was the kitchen, but I've thought maybe upstairs in a bedroom or bathroom or the hot tub. We'll start to get a better picture come Monday.

I've only heard about one killer who committed ballot fraud and he's locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926