Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
September should be awesome as far as three cases go. We will be discussing Barry’s preliminary and maybe the AA and keeping up with the Stauch trial at the same time. And following the request by the DA for the death penalty for Chad Daybell and likely very soon for Lori Vallow.

Finally justice coming for Gannon Stauch, Suzanne Morphew, JJ Vallow, Tylee Ryan and Tammy Daybell. (And hopefully for Charles Vallow.)

For once, this time difference between the UK and the US will work in my favor and I'll be able to follow along live.

Is there any way BM could request he attend via video link, like the last hearing? Given his history of not wanting to appear on camera, I could see him opting out if he could. Could he use Covid as an excuse?
BM will appear in person. Unlike the motions hearing on July 22, the preliminary hearing will not be on camera to the world so BM will only be seen by individuals inside the courtroom and the courtroom overflow at the fairgrounds.

It looks like there’s a status conference today at 1:30 pm local. I imagine it’s to iron out the specifics of the prelim. It should be on WebEx.

ETA: The timing does strike me as a bit odd, so I’m wondering if there’s more to this.

904EFC3E-4A35-4A7C-81D7-A766AB89F28E.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like there’s a status conference today at 1:30 pm local. I imagine it’s to iron out the specifics of the prelim. It should be on WebEx.

ETA: The timing does strike me as a bit odd, so I’m wondering if there’s more to this.

View attachment 307797

Oh no, what specifics could it be about? Any guesses? The status conference is two hours from now. I’m going to try to join on the judge’s usual WebEx. I hope that’s allowed.

Oh no, what specifics could it be about? Any guesses? The status conference is two hours from now. I’m going to try to join on the judge’s usual WebEx. I hope that’s allowed.
If it’s not allowed then you’ll be kicked out, no harm, no foul.

If for some reason this isn’t broadcast on WebEx, then this can’t be a hearing to take care of unfinished business before the prelim.

I’d take that as a sign something bigger is happening.

And they couldn't have gone through the entire contents of the house and stumbled on a secret pen with recordings. Who told them about the pen or what was the reason they found it? It's a spy pen, spy is right in the title... I am sure it isn't obviously a recording device. I mean LE didn't scoop everything up and try clicking every pen from her desk. Someone either told LE about this, or this was part of some collection of property; perhaps in a safe deposit box or something of that sort. Something made it stick out.

The story is much deeper than we know yet.

Hi, am seriously way behind and catching up slowly.

Sorry if anyone else has mentioned it, but was thinking, LE 2nd search warrant of the PP house, maybe the spy pen is why they got another warrant, maybe been shared with investigators through interviews or something?

PS - great to see @GordianKnot and @MassGuy back

Barry Morphew Preliminary Hearing Protocol... “It only takes one person to ruin it for everyone!” Aug 5, 2021

Defense Attorney Scott Reisch will be sending someone to Salida to cover the preliminary on his behalf!

Also, he's expected to log in to the status hearing today if accessible to the public on Webex.

Just heard back from Ashley Franco:

Hi! From covering court I would assume this is a housekeeping thing to make sure everyone is ready for next week. It could also be a new possible motion the defense is looking to submit. There’s a very slim chance this would have an impact on Monday. We will be covering it!

Just heard back from Ashley Franco:

Hi! From covering court I would assume this is a housekeeping thing to make sure everyone is ready for next week. It could also be a new possible motion the defense is looking to submit. There’s a very slim chance this would have an impact on Monday. We will be covering it!

If today's status hearing is accessible/open, Ashley Franco says KKTV will be listening:

Ashley Franco@AshleyKKTV

Replying to
@****
@****
and
@LaurenScharfTV
We were told that as well but because it's listed virtual it may be open. We're checking on it!! Thanks for being patient

11:59 AM · Aug 6, 2021·

View attachment 307797
Thanks for being so on top of everything to do with this case.

Has anyone been admitted to the meeting yet? It's 1:28 and I have not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow