Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. They are going to pressure everything until the end. They aren’t the lawyers to sit back and console and pat a defendants back as the prosecution does their thing. Last minute data dumping by prosecution is an old tactic and these ladies are going after compensation and sanctions. Will be an interesting trial. And with this judge a fair trial.

We will do our best to post from the locals and at least one network has promised to produce a live blog of the preliminary which will be helpful since it will be sequential.

Locals confirming they will be at the hearing include:

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV (CBS affiliate)

Lauren Scharf @LaurenScharfTV (Fox News)

Which network is doing live blogging? And a link to that? Please?

Crime Talk with Scott Reisch@CrimeTalkPod

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
and
@FOX21News
9 witnesses in the first two days! I think it's going to be hard for the judge to keep moving along...and 500 hours of video?! (obviously not all will be shown in these 4 days but wow )

1:31 PM · Aug 6, 2021·
Usually, the preliminary hearing consists of a summary of the evidence, provided by a few lead investigators. This prelim may not set a record for the number of witnesses and days, but it will be up there. I wonder why?

Usually, the preliminary hearing consists of a summary of the evidence, provided by a few lead investigators. This prelim may not set a record for the number of witnesses and days, but it will be up there. I wonder why?
If they had a body, then I have no doubt this would have been scheduled for significantly shorter (1 day).

Without a body and without an accomplice/material witness who can testify to Suzanne’s death, I’m not surprised by this being 4 days.

Witnesses, location information, cell phone communications, audio, Barry’s interviews, social media, other devices, Google, Apple, surveillance video, etc, etc.

Oh my gosh!!! I put my phone down for 4 hours and THIS IS WHAT I MISS?! Very happy it’s still going on as scheduled, although I’ll believe it when I see it with this case..

There can be no putting down of phones at a time like this.

Barry thinks he's going to have the last word. News flash: Suzanne is.

I hope he's on his way to LWOP plus 56.

JMO

Maybe because that’s how much evidence the prosecution has to show.

As one of my favorite members here had quoted in her profile tag line:
“If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver." ~ Winston Churchill

So if SO is going to be the first witness, one might think that SM confided in her for a long time and possibly even predicted her own murder and that sets the stage for everything that happened that weekend. Moo

Last edited:
So if SO is going to be the first witness, one might think that SM confided in her for a long time and possibly even predicted her own murder and that sets the stage for everything that happened that weekend. Moo

Yes! I absolutely believe she has one hell of a story to tell. She will be able to provide important background information, and most importantly, detail exactly what Suzanne told her that weekend.

She will also provide evidence that will be crucial to the timeline, and likely, will be some part of the explanation for why law enforcement handled this the way they did.

I’ve thought for a long time that she will be the single most important witness here.

Yes! I absolutely believe she has one hell of a story to tell. She will be able to provide important background information, and most importantly, detail exactly what Suzanne told her that weekend.

She will also provide evidence that will be crucial to the timeline, and likely, will be some part of the explanation for why law enforcement handled this the way they did.

I’ve thought for a long time that she will be the single most important witness here.
I’d love to know who got in contact with who. Did she call LE that weekend? Or did they call her?

I’d love to know who got in contact with who. Did she call LE that weekend? Or did they call her?

Good question. I remember it being said that when she didn’t hear back from SM on Saturday night she went into a panic.

To me, that is a really strong statement to make just from not getting a text back from a best friend. I feel like she might have called the police herself, especially after SM no showing for the virtual wedding.

Her story is likely one of the only to not change or seem suspicious. She didn't live close by and has no reason to lie, she also wouldn't be in a position to be manipulated by Barry either.

ITA with you. I hope we learn what time their text ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow