Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I absolutely believe she has one hell of a story to tell. She will be able to provide important background information, and most importantly, detail exactly what Suzanne told her that weekend.

She will also provide evidence that will be crucial to the timeline, and likely, will be some part of the explanation for why law enforcement handled this the way they did.

I’ve thought for a long time that she will be the single most important witness here.
Can't snip this post, no need to. I agree with every letter you wrote MG. SO will be critical.

In light of the recent criticisms of the participants of this page, it should be noted.....that many of us have known the name for over a year and never used it here, not once, in order to protect her friend. Thank you all for that.

Last edited:
If they had a body, then I have no doubt this would have been scheduled for significantly shorter (1 day).

Without a body and without an accomplice/material witness who can testify to Suzanne’s death, I’m not surprised by this being 4 days.

Witnesses, location information, cell phone communications, audio, Barry’s interviews, social media, other devices, Google, Apple, surveillance video, etc, etc.
Could it also be 4 days because they decided at the May 27 hearing to combine the Preliminary Hearing with a Proof Evident Presumption Great Hearing?

Good question. I remember it being said that when she didn’t hear back from SM on Saturday night she went into a panic.

To me, that is a really strong statement to make just from not getting a text back from a best friend. I feel like she might have called the police herself, especially after SM no showing for the virtual wedding.
Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

Since the very beginning, I've always contended the Sunday timetable didn't make sense. I've always felt LE had an earlier heads up.

Between the neighbors LE call and sundown I could never understand how they were able to assemble a sizable search party.

Could it also be 4 days because they decided at the May 27 hearing to combine the Preliminary Hearing with a Proof Evident Presumption Great Hearing?
It’s the same thing. I think it’s just due to the quantity of evidence necessary to meet the burden in a no-body homicide case.

Yes! I absolutely believe she has one hell of a story to tell. She will be able to provide important background information, and most importantly, detail exactly what Suzanne told her that weekend.

She will also provide evidence that will be crucial to the timeline, and likely, will be some part of the explanation for why law enforcement handled this the way they did.

I’ve thought for a long time that she will be the single most important witness here.
1000% agree. I’ve mentioned before that imo SO would likely be star witness, and made a post recently that I could see her calling LE Sunday afternoon concerned about their convo ending abruptly on Saturday, that she had been trying to get in touch with Suzanne ever since, explained it was very unusual for Suzanne not to respond, then Suzanne not showing up for her daughter’s virtual wedding on Sunday caused her to panic/become even more concerned. Maybe even asked LE if they would do a welfare check. Then boom, 911 call comes in from neighbor JR and LE’s hinky meter goes into high gear. BM’s charade/narrative starts to quickly unravel from there.

I also believe SO is the friend Melinda Moorman was referring to in her interview with CM & KM on TIR, referring to she and one of Suzanne’s friends both having an intuitive, sinking feeling on Saturday evening, May 9th, and both knew at that moment that Suzanne was gone. Chilling.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
It’s the same thing. I think it’s just due to the quantity of evidence necessary to meet the burden in a no-body homicide case.
Thanks. I thought the Prelim was to decide if the evidence is enough to bind over to a trial and the PEPG was to decide if eligible for bonding out. Sometimes done in separate hearings. JMO
I absolutely agree with you however.

Since the very beginning, I've always contended the Sunday timetable didn't make sense. I've always felt LE had an earlier heads up.

Between the neighbors LE call and sundown I could never understand how they were able to assemble a sizable search party.

It did seem that LE was onto BM from the start. His reception upon arriving at Puma Path Sunday evening did not go as he had imagined. He thought everyone would treat him with pity and comfort him. But instead, he was asked questions. What a shock it must have been. Massguy is right, he lives in a different reality.

Poor BM, LE scared him so bad that he hid from everyone, wouldn't even tell his name.

Justice for Suzanne is finally in sight. Thanks to everyone who kept the faith.

From what just happened, I imagine the defense has started its list for appeal (after the trial).
We just saw a similar defense tactic at the Mollie Tibbetts murder trial. The defense team kept insisting to the judge that the state had major discovery violations that needed to be sanctioned. They squawked and squawked about it.

It finally comes out that the state had given them several hard drives full of discovery, which fully covered their files and data.

But the defense apparently couldn't get it to work so the state sent their own IT techs to help them do it. And even then, they began complaining that it was not 'ordered' to their liking. They wanted it organised in a specific way.

The state responded that it was ordered in the way it showed up when they copied the hard drive. But it was all there. They just need to organise it the way they want.

I think there was one or two small sanctions for something that was handed over late or not included, but judge did not think it was malicious, just overlooked.

So I think we will be seeing a whole lot more of this kind of whining and complaining about discovery. Especially when there is a case with massive evidence of guilt and no evidence the defense can use.

I agree. They are going to pressure everything until the end. They aren’t the lawyers to sit back and console and pat a defendants back as the prosecution does their thing. Last minute data dumping by prosecution is an old tactic and these ladies are going after compensation and sanctions. Will be an interesting trial. And with this judge a fair trial.

I don't know if data dumping by prosecutors is an old tactic but we know it's not a tactic by this prosecutor that delivered a server with a TB of evidence more than 2 weeks before it was legally required of them!

BM's first appearance was May 27, 2021. Pursuant to Rule 16, the prosecutor, the defense, CCSO, CBI, and FBI, would all acknowledge the 21-day clock starting on this date. It was beyond good faith that the prosecution delivered 1 TB of evidence to the defense on June 2. To be clear, Brady applies to evidence favorable to the accused-- evidence that goes towards negating the guilt of BM. I hope you don't believe the prosecutor waited to dump exculpatory evidence on the defense -- especially since I don't believe such evidence exists.

(b) Prosecutor's Performance of Obligations.
(1) The prosecuting attorney shall perform his or her obligations under subsections (a)(1)(I), (IV), (VII), and with regard to written or recorded statements of the accused or a codefendant under (VIII) as soon as practicable but not later than 21 days after the defendant's first appearance at the time of or following the filing of charges, except that portions of such reports claimed to be nondiscoverable may be withheld pending a determination and ruling of the court under Part III but the defense must be notified in writing that information has not been disclosed.

Rule 16 - Discovery and Procedure Before Trial, Colo. R. Crim. P. 16 | Casetext Search + Citator

Same here! I stopped reading the thread a while ago, just too much else going on, and relied on WS news banners and MSM articles to alert me to come back for important progress in the case (such as BM's arrest).

I peek into the thread randomly when the mood strikes, and I'm glad I did today, to become aware of Monday's hearing. I'll sure be paying attention on Monday!

I know I compare this case to the Stauch case often. I think it’s because it’s the only case I’ve followed as closely and it’s in Colorado, my backyard. So, LS preliminary is also combined with a PEPG hearing (I’m learning and answering my own questions lol.)
Just wanted to share the State’s witness list for her 2 day upcoming hearing. 7 witnesses include the defendant’s daughter, one FBI agent and 5 EPCSO deputies.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...PREL Proof Evident Presumpt Great Hearing.pdf

<RSBM>
So I think we will be seeing a whole lot more of this kind of whining and complaining about discovery. Especially when there is a case with massive evidence of guilt and no evidence the defense can use.

Agree. Definitely think their whining and complaining about anything (that isn't resolved in their favour) is going to go on their 'appeal list'. Then they will refine the list once the trial is over.

“Let me tell you what happened”
Not gonna lie. I re-watched the TD video yesterday. He is soooo guilty!! Started talking about how the bike was positioned, and then stopped mid-sentence and shifted to blaming LE. BM said he and SM “had” 2 beautiful girls.. Also, the “media has been bugging us.” I want to know if this video will be entered in as evidence during the trial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow