Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh!!! I put my phone down for 4 hours and THIS IS WHAT I MISS?! Very happy it’s still going on as scheduled, although I’ll believe it when I see it with this case..

I know!! I was at a college tour today with my daughter and I am just catching up on the latest developments...I have to say, Barry is toast:D:p JMO

Same here! I stopped reading the thread a while ago, just too much else going on, and relied on WS news banners and MSM articles to alert me to come back for important progress in the case (such as BM's arrest).

I peek into the thread randomly when the mood strikes, and I'm glad I did today, to become aware of Monday's hearing. I'll sure be paying attention on Monday!

I personally think BFF could be the reason Spezze treated this “missing person” case differently from the start. I have no doubt BFF contacted Spezze’s office for welfare check or just out of extreme concern & caution. There was “something” that prepared Spezze for this not being just a “missing person” from the first night and why he zipped that house up tight immediately! I’m willing to bet a phone call from a BFF to CCSO went out Sunday Morning at the latest!
Thank you, SO, BFF. So sorry for your “enduring….” #Justice4Suzanne
How I wished BM would have made a different choice. I pray SM’s daughters will find peace and strength thru their mother’s BFF who has known them all their life. My heart breaks for those who loved SM. Very sad tonight, all too real.
MOO

Ok, might as well make it official so I can stop going back and forth on this like I have been. I booked a room in Salida for 2 nights with the hope of being able to attend. It's a gamble, but I will try my best to make it in. If I do, great. If not, I put my best foot forward.
This really is amazing!!
I know you "hope" to attend but, you get an A+ for wanting to go!!
BAM!!
BAM!!!
BAM!!!

Sorry, my iPad froze and I was unable to reply. I too am far behind on this case. Another member informed me that things were going to start happening on Monday.

Thanks for all the information from everyone as I am trying to catch up. There are so many knowledgeable people that keep these cases alive for the rest of us.

It certainly looks like Justice for Suzanne is on its way.

I personally think BFF could be the reason Spezze treated this “missing person” case differently from the start. I have no doubt BFF contacted Spezze’s office for welfare check or just out of extreme concern & caution. There was “something” that prepared Spezze for this not being just a “missing person” from the first night and why he zipped that house up tight immediately! I’m willing to bet a phone call from a BFF to CCSO went out Sunday Morning at the latest!
Thank you, SO, BFF. So sorry for your “enduring….” #Justice4Suzanne
How I wished BM would have made a different choice. I pray SM’s daughters will find peace and strength thru their mother’s BFF who has known them all their life. My heart breaks for those who loved SM. Very sad tonight, all too real.
MOO
That’s been my biggest question since very early on, and we’re only days away from finally having an answer. Why did law enforcement seal off the house so quickly, call in the FBI and CBI, and not behave as if this was an abduction?

Something massive had to be guiding their hand, and SO being the reason behind that is my favorite theory as well.

I think Suzanne shared powerful information with SO in the days leading up to this, to include the very day she was murdered. If it’s true that she was to be involved in the virtual wedding and didn’t show, then it stands to reason alarm bells were going off.

It’s possible the alarm sounded even before that, as we’ve heard that Suzanne’s communications may have ceased the previous evening.

I love it when diabolical plots collapse at the most inopportune moments.

I will admit that I have had doubts in this matter...the evidence possibly being too circumstantial for one, along with it being a no body case and the lengthy AA and abundance of evidence produced to the defense- is it up to 3 terabytes?? When I was delivered 30 plus banker boxes (back in the day before ediscovery) in a small matter I knew they were trying to bury me. But my optimistic side is hoping the arrest wasn't made prematurely, just because BM was preparing to leave the condo after packing up, and that the evidence will be enough for the jury to convict. But we have to get through the prelim. Waiting for Monday... #JusticeForSuzanne

The defense attorney was reciting everything that BM is unable to do in private while behind bars in Chaffee County lock up.
Yes. Last hearing it was locked away from sunshine, couldn’t go home and kiss his daughters or drink water from his own tap.
Today was read his mail, read Bible verses or go to the bathroom without being monitored.

What is a Preliminary Hearing?

After requesting a preliminary hearing, the prosecutor must provide evidence to establish probable cause to a judge in the Colorado County Court. This requires probable cause sufficient that an ordinary person could have a reasonable belief that the defendant may have committed the crime for which they are charged. If the judge finds probable cause, the court will bind over the case for arraignment. If the judge does not find probable cause, the case can be dismissed.

[..]

What Happens During a Preliminary Hearing?

A preliminary hearing is held before a judge of the Colorado County Court where the felony complaint has been filed. During the preliminary hearing, the prosecutor has to show probable cause to continue with the legal proceedings against the defendant.

The rules of evidence may be more relaxed at a preliminary hearing. During the preliminary hearing, the prosecutor may present evidence, including hearsay evidence, which may not be admissible later on at trial. The prosecutor may also present evidence such as witness or victim testimony. Evidence is viewed in a light favorable to the prosecution.

The defendant and his criminal defense attorney are present at the preliminary hearing. However, the Colorado DA cannot call the defendant to testify. The defendant may have access to limited discovery evidence before the preliminary hearing, to prepare their case. The defendant also has the right to cross-examine the witnesses called, and introduce evidence on behalf of the defense.

"Preliminary Hearings" In Colorado Felony Criminal Court Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member