Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry murdering Suzanne, his wife, mother of his children, is the worst. But also, he did this on the eve of her best friend’s daughter’s wedding. What should have been the most joyful occasion was forever changed. Instead of being present in the day, her best friend had to think and worry about Suzanne. Instead of celebrating the marriage, she had to work with law enforcement and consider what might have happened to Suzanne. Instead of being the best day, it may have been a worst day too. That’s terrible.
On Mother's Day. There's a special place for the BM.

That’s been my biggest question since very early on, and we’re only days away from finally having an answer. Why did law enforcement seal off the house so quickly, call in the FBI and CBI, and not behave as if this was an abduction?

Something massive had to be guiding their hand, and SO being the reason behind that is my favorite theory as well.

I think Suzanne shared powerful information with SO in the days leading up to this, to include the very day she was murdered. If it’s true that she was to be involved in the virtual wedding and didn’t show, then it stands to reason alarm bells were going off.

It’s possible the alarm sounded even before that, as we’ve heard that Suzanne’s communications may have ceased the previous evening.

I love it when diabolical plots collapse at the most inopportune moments.

ITA - SM's best friend will be the key and I can't wait to have some answers next week.

I wonder if BFF sent a text message to the daughters' early Sunday morning to check whether they had heard from SM.

I doubt it even crossed BM's mind that the home would be sealed off immediately and treated as a potential crime scene. In his mind, IMO, he completely thought that his mountain lion/kidnapped bike ride version would be believed. Hopefully he left a few good crumbs behind.

That’s been my biggest question since very early on, and we’re only days away from finally having an answer. Why did law enforcement seal off the house so quickly, call in the FBI and CBI, and not behave as if this was an abduction?

Something massive had to be guiding their hand, and SO being the reason behind that is my favorite theory as well.

I think Suzanne shared powerful information with SO in the days leading up to this, to include the very day she was murdered. If it’s true that she was to be involved in the virtual wedding and didn’t show, then it stands to reason alarm bells were going off.

It’s possible the alarm sounded even before that, as we’ve heard that Suzanne’s communications may have ceased the previous evening.

I love it when diabolical plots collapse at the most inopportune moments.
Yes, to all you started, and adding Spezze even prevented the BM’s VFF comrades from participating in the searches from the beginning, even though some are trained S&R. Somehow GD managed to view the bike before it was recovered, according to BM interview with TD. Wonder if BM contacted GD on his way home abt SM missing, help find her kinda deal? So, so many questions?….
EBM correction

Last edited:
ITA - SM's best friend will be the key and I can't wait to have some answers next week.

I wonder if BFF sent a text message to the daughters' early Sunday morning to check whether they had heard from SM.

I doubt it even crossed BM's mind that the home would be sealed off immediately and treated as a potential crime scene. In his mind, IMO, he completely thought that his mountain lion/kidnapped bike ride version would be believed. Hopefully he left a few good crumbs behind.
I didn’t even think of that. It would make sense for the friend to reach out to the daughters when Suzanne went dark, and maybe that helped get the ball rolling.

I agree, Barry never imagined that the sheriff would arrive on scene, and do the two things that he did:

Seal the house

Call in the cavalry

If true, it’s remarkable. Of course by “remarkable,” I mean “absolutely hilarious.

Something must have happened to Suzanne while on a bike ride, and Barry had the perfect alibi. The sheriff would investigate, find nothing, and life would go on.

Of course that scenario is exceedingly rare on the whole, especially with Suzanne’s victimology and the area in general.

Worse yet, it was Mother’s Day.

Put those together and what do you get?
A National news story that won’t go away.

As my grandmother used to say, “whoops-a-daisy.”

I didn’t even think of that. It would make sense for the friend to reach out to the daughters when Suzanne went dark, and maybe that helped get the ball rolling.

I agree, Barry never imagined that the sheriff would arrive on scene, and do the two things that he did:

Seal the house

Call in the cavalry

If true, it’s remarkable. Of course by “remarkable,” I mean “absolutely hilarious.

Something must have happened to Suzanne while on a bike ride, and Barry had the perfect alibi. The sheriff would investigate, find nothing, and life would go on.

Of course that scenario is exceedingly rare on the whole, especially with Suzanne’s victimology and the area in general.

What day was it that BM was doing the Watusi with his untied sneaker? Was it the next morning and he still couldn't get into his house?
I STILL say he wasn't tying his shoe 'midair'. He was PISSED and kicked the truck next to him. Bet he's kicking himself now.
If loving this is wrong, I don't want to be right. :p

What day was it that BM was doing the Watusi with his untied sneaker? Was it the next morning and he still couldn't get into his house?
I STILL say he wasn't tying his shoe 'midair'. He was PISSED and kicked the truck next to him. Bet he's kicking himself now.
If loving this is wrong, I don't want to be right. :p
It was 9 days after Suzanne disappeared, and the same day CSI arrived to search the house.
97346DE7-B593-45A1-B136-7185EF195099.jpeg 42D0BCDC-95B7-4DF8-951F-EEB2AA434683.jpeg
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Seal the house

Call in the cavalry

He wasn't worried about the smell or chlorine/bleach in the house, he could easily explain that away to the girls. Because he didn't expect the house to be seized, IMO, he wouldn't have bothered with things like leaving signs around the house that SM had been up and about that morning, prior to the 'bike ride'.
Just speculating, but he might have even forgotten to through out her runners, something perhaps she always wore when going on a bike ride and water bottle. Little things like that will help build the circumstantial case.

Yes. Last hearing it was locked away from sunshine, couldn’t go home and kiss his daughters or drink water from his own tap.
Today was read his mail, read Bible verses or go to the bathroom without being monitored.

Poor little thing.:D
Hope matters worsen for him, in the coming days: many, many years of this life, WITHOUT ever leaving.:)

Seal the house

Call in the cavalry

I seem to recall Andy saying that calls/messages to BM by an unnamed bff were going unanswered and messages ignored. Perhaps calls to the daughters were out of cell service range in the "camping" location. MOO

Well 1 TB gives you the option of storing roughly: 250,000 photos taken with a 12MP camera; 250 movies or 500 hours of HD video; or. 6.5 million document pages, commonly stored as Office files, PDFs, and presentations....

That's a lot!

Oh defense team, cry me a river about all the evidence against BM.

The defense attorney was reciting everything that BM is unable to do in private while behind bars in Chaffee County lock up.

Oh, boo hoo. Poor BM. Not.

Yes. Last hearing it was locked away from sunshine, couldn’t go home and kiss his daughters or drink water from his own tap.
Today was read his mail, read Bible verses or go to the bathroom without being monitored.

The defense voicing in a courtroom a list of things BM can’t do because he’s in jail would be comical, except SUZANNE can’t have her LIFE.

I’ll cry for her.

Yes, to all you started, and adding Spezze even prevented the BM’s VFF comrades from participating in the searches from the beginning, even though some are trained S&R. Somehow GD managed to view the bike before it was recovered, according to BM interview with TD. Wonder if BM contacted GD on his way home abt SM missing, help find her kinda deal? So, so many questions?….
EBM correction
BBM Yes, it was a bombshell to me when Spezze prevented the firefighters...

On top of that wasn't the fire chief who said BM having a difficult time sitting still, and pacing back and forth, constantly looking out the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow