Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #76 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure Barry trash talked Suzanne to his mom for many years.
I'd love to know how his mom felt about Suzanne these many years. Some mothers think their son can do no wrong.
Not saying that's the case but when I saw her in the driver's seat of his truck in that video by whatshisface, you know, where he passed BM on the road and all of a sudden BM was available for a sweaty/wet interview?
Almost seemed like she was calling the shots to me.
Sorry, I was mush hours ago, haha.

Last edited:
I don't think there is any reasonable doubt about whether she took a bike ride that day or not. I think there is plenty of circumstantial evidence pointing to it being a planted bike and and made up story.

It was Mother's Day---why wouldn't she have answered calls and texts from her girls? Are you saying her magical night with the one plate steak dinner prevented her from doing so?

Why would she change everything about the way she usually takes bike rides, on that specific day? Doesn't use her car, goes on a more steep route than she can do safely---doesn't take her water or gloves, bike is found with no evidence of a crash?

I disagree with the reasonable doubt of her ghosting everyone in her life on the afternoon of the 9th. Why would she. Even if it was true that she was having a great night with Barry--why not tell her best friend she'd talk later? SM was supposed to take part in a wedding the next day---why would she just stop talking about that and just not do so?

I don't see a lot of reasonable doubt ---the so called explanations for the hinky things make no sense. JMO

If this liar kept his mouth shut, employed attorneys from the start, this circus of contradictions, would be very different.
Oh, I forgot.:D
Everyone WOULD believe him and he is tight with money: needs it for a rainy day, when in prison.

Wow, he really thought he had charmed Grusing? Unbelievable!!!
I think it was more like BM thought he had successfully arranged for a large bribe with Grusing - attempting to influence a public official???.

Something like, Wait, I thought we had a deal, why are you arresting me?

JMO

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 2m
#BarryMorphew told investigators it blew him away that #SuzanneMorphewpulled off an affair for 2 years because she was a good-hearted person and everyone knew it. @KKTV11News

I
think it was more than “blew him away”- I think he was furious she pulled one over on him and kept it secret for some amount of time - what a blow to his enormous ego that she found someone better than him to love- for someone as arrogant as him? Must have really pissed him off ….
JMO

I don't think it takes an "enormous ego" to be hurt by the knowledge that one's longterm spouse has been unfaithful. Surely she knew about his arrogance for quite some time. And at one point, said she loved him.

Anyway, all my friends who have experienced infidelity have reacted so much more strongly than I thought they were capable (about anything)...I've come to view it differently. No one has ever been unfaithful to me, so I haven't been through it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't murder anyone (which is the key point here).

But he doesn't have to be narcissistic or disordered to experience rage. It's a normal human emotion (PM for citations if you wish, it's an interesting topic).

I thought that too but didn’t know if I could post it on here. I am old enough to be his mother and I just can’t see how his own mother can believe all the lies coming out of his mouth.

Did she not care for and love Suzanne? She sure doesn’t seem like it.
I am sure Barry trash talked Suzanne to his mom for many years.
Did they know one another perhaps?

BM was a volunteer firefighter, they had lived in the area for a couple of years .... smallish town, lots of people know one another in passing, just a thought
I don't think so because Grusing works out of the Denver CBI station, I believe. He just came to town to interview Barry. That is his specialty.

Not to mention how chemical fumes from coatings on that paper could affect people.

You and bkgregg are people after my own heart.

Exactly.

Whoever set the fire just didn't care any more about people, humans (any of them) or any other life form, including themselves. This person actually chose a more dangerous way of getting rid of pendaflex materials than another person might. But it wasn't such a huge risk for someone who didn't expect to live a long time, anyway.

So, from they day. IIRC , In the dryer, they found shorts and a shirt that resembled what BM was wearing that day? And the sheets from his Daughters stripped bed and tranquilizer dart
some kind of cap? Of the Morphew's home 9 days?

Damn Boy! do your Laundry! Part of the doing laundry, is taking the clothes out of the dryer. Over night tops. 9 days?
I bet they only found one sock. IMO.

One sock...lol...for sure.
Also, thinking Suzanne may have done the sheets earlier in the day before he killed her and then BM added his shorts, dart, etc. to them, later, as necessitated.

I still have 15 pages left to catch up on here, but there are a couple things that jumped out at me:

•I’ll bet anything that “CBD Tim” was a name saved in Suzanne’s phone contacts. Possibly an owner of a local dispensary? The way BM seems to say that name with disdain makes me think all he knows of “CBD Tim” is that it’s a man’a name saved in his wife’s contact list. BM’s jealousy really shows how insecure he really is (along with his egomania).

•The phone charger missing from SM’s side of the bed. Since it seems SM may have ran into the bedroom & locked herself in, she likely passed out there due to the tranq. I hate to say it, but maybe BM used the charger cord to strangle her? Or maybe tied her up with it?

All MOO, naturally.

And we still have yet to hear from her bestie - what must his family be thinking at this point I wonder?
Well, if their religious thought processes are similar to BM, they are likely thinking SM had it coming. I try to remember that some of these sickos are the way they are BECAUSE of their families. BM’s train derailed a loooong time ago. JMHO

Having just read about a million pages of these threads to catch up (thanks for the tweets, everyone ... only took me, literally, about three hours to read it all), I would say that things to add to your great synopsis are:

• The brown towel that Suzanne was sunbathing on has never been found ... (one of the most important things imo )

• There was a bullet casing (staged? unstaged?) laying by Suzanne's side of the bed.

• Suzanne's spy pen was found concealed in a box of bras.

• One half-filled coffee cup sitting in kitchen, from who-knows-when.

something does not sit right with with the al anon book and the bullet sitting on the bed.

Was someone asking if there were photographs?

On May 13, photographs were taken of Barry Morphew at the Department of Public Health. He had injuries on both of his hands, and three scratch marks on one of his upper arms. Barry Morphew told investigators that he got the injuries from a tree while searching for his wife.

Morphew had injuries to hands, arm after his wife's disappearance | 9news.com

It might be that she always left it there. I used to do that.
We live in a rural area and our vehicles are always in a locked garage and I leave my purse in the car all the time. The main reason being is that I've never been a purse carrier and many, many times I have left home and forgot to take my purse and have gotten somewhere and then realized I forgot my purse so no debit card, checkbook, etc. I only leave my purse in the car at home when the car is in locked garage. But otherwise if I go into Walmart, say for example, my purse of course goes with me. I always look at it as, if they get in the locked garage, then chances are they may get through the next door which is into the house and once in the house, chances are they won't make it any further than that anyways.

So, different strokes for different folks! Maybe this was something Suzanne did all the time, left her purse in her vehicle? Daughters would surely know if this was the case or not?

You mean “CBD Tim?!”

Oh I’m sure they did a deep dive into his background. He seems like one terrifying dude, just going on the name alone.

Probably wears a bandana, chains; the works. I’ll bet he even has a skull and crossbones tattoo!

Just kidding. No self respecting drug dealer sells perfectly legal CBD on the street corner.[/QUOTE

I will feel sorry for JL’s family. They didn’t expect or deserve this. I do believe the AA was sealed to protect him and his family from the backlash.
I feel a little sorry for JL, and much sorrow for his family. They deserved none of this. Everything they thought about who they were is gone-and their husband/Dad didn’t have the stones to sit them down before he did the right thing. He waited for the po po to come calling. Poor Suzanne and her bad man picker. It’s sad that she didn’t feel like she had a person to confide in-or maybe she did? She was probably wracked by enough guilt and fear of her sins that she was ashamed. I’m that non-judgemental friend that people tell their bad stuff to-people are not perfect and I’m not casting stones at anybody cause I kind of suck too.
I don't think it takes an "enormous ego" to be hurt by the knowledge that one's longterm spouse has been unfaithful. Surely she knew about his arrogance for quite some time. And at one point, said she loved him.

Anyway, all my friends who have experienced infidelity have reacted so much more strongly than I thought they were capable (about anything)...I've come to view it differently. No one has ever been unfaithful to me, so I haven't been through it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't murder anyone (which is the key point here).

But he doesn't have to be narcissistic or disordered to experience rage. It's a normal human emotion (PM for citations if you wish, it's an interesting topic).
Rage is there in many of us. I understand rage and relate to it. I have kicked in the grill of a car of my lover, and destroyed an interior in my younger years, in fits of rage. I don’t know if murder works like that-where you do something and the instant you’ve done it, you know you screwed up. Do individuals that murder know they are going past the point of no return, to a place from which there is no going back and a life will be lost? Do they choose, and know better? I’ve never wanted to harm a human-well maybe slap one silly, but there is something in most of us that prevents us from doing such a thing. What’s the difference between rage and the loss of recognition-or acceptance-that you will take a human being’s life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member