Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #76 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the ZOOKEEPER, and I'm ba-ack! I've just spent almost the entire day catching up, and now it's nearly time for bed again! Anyway, you'll all be pleased to hear that I have just put the bear, the crocodile, 2 geese (one living, and one cooked :D), the elephant (the one in the room), and a herd of elks into our zoo. It took quite a while, as first I had to build a whole new pen for all those elks! And the crocodile just will not stop crying, I wasted a lot of time trying to get him to stop. My thanks to all the zoo assistants who keep finding more and more critters :):)

I disagree, though agree with your line of thinking about control issues. If she was that afraid, she would never have had an affair. I think its more likely that she wanted to keep tabs on him so that she could carry out her affair.
I guess I look at it differently. Some of her fear may stem from the fact that she had been having an affair. She didn't want him sneaking up on her---As you said, she wanted privacy to carry out her relationship---but I think she was also afraid that Barry might harm her.

Don't know if this was covered while I was sleeping, but per Lauren S., as well as Unmasked (who was in the courtroom yesterday), there were 3 scratches on Barry's left upper arm/shoulder area, and they were parallel.
He must have brushed up against 3 parallel tree branches, as he searched for the mountain lion's den...:rolleyes:

Was it written anywhere in the news, early on, that one of the daughters lived with her boyfriend's family? I seem to remember mention of it, but it has not been discussed. I assumed that it would be the youngest daughter because the oldest was living close to her college campus. Is this true, and they can't bring this information into the hearing. If it is true, I would be interested in why she lives outside the family home.

I guess I look at it differently. Some of her fear may stem from the fact that she had been having an affair. She didn't want him sneaking up on her---As you said, she wanted privacy to carry out her relationship---but I think she was also afraid that Barry might harm her.
I’m now thinking there was a specific threat of violence from the husband when she texted her sister that she was afraid …
JMO

Yup, and they will continue to.

Trial is going to be a complete character assassination, as they will probably try to convince a jury that Suzanne took off.
I agree they will try. I don't think they will convince anyone that she took off. Susan would not have left her purse, identification, any medications ( not mentioned yet), bible, car, etc. I am convinced that she never left her home alive. Based on what has presented, it appears that something took place outside. What ever occurred outside immediately escalated into the house. Maybe Suzanne was shot with a tranq dart and ran inside the house. When she saw Barry, she retreated to her bedroom. So, yes it would appear the he was going through wall as he ended up in the house. The chase that Detective G was referring to makes sense. I am still wondering how the charger?? Definitely starting to think there was a struggle in the master bedroom.

Was it mentioned that the bathing suit she wore in the photo to JL was hanging up in the closet? Trying to find where I read that. Anyways, that is odd to me. In my 50 plus years, I never put any bathing suit on a hanger. JMO

I agree they will try. I don't think they will convince anyone that she took off. Susan would not have left her purse, identification, any medications ( not mentioned yet), bible, car, etc. I am convinced that she never left her home alive. Based on what has presented, it appears that something took place outside. What ever occurred outside immediately escalated into the house. Maybe Suzanne was shot with a tranq dart and ran inside the house. When she saw Barry, she retreated to her bedroom. So, yes it would appear the he was going through wall as he ended up in the house. The chase that Detective G was referring to makes sense. I am still wondering how the charger?? Definitely starting to think there was a struggle in the master bedroom.

Was it mentioned that the bathing suit she wore in the photo to JL was hanging up in the closet? Trying to find where I read that. Anyways, that is odd to me. In my 50 plus years, I never put any bathing suit on a hanger. JMO

I would have thought Suzanne would have put any bathing suit she had worn in the washing machine or linen basket .

I know this book, "Courage of Change" I don't think it has a Calendar. If something was bad there, he would have burned it.
IMO
It’s in a calendar format but not the type of calendar you write things on. Daily meditations/ reminders of encouragement to read for each day of the year.

Courage to Change ( from the serenity prayer Grant me the courage to change…. ).

MOO

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
Now talking about the 2:03 p.m. sunbathing photo #SuzanneMorphew sent to Jeff Libler on May 9. The bikini was found in the master closet with other bathing suits. There was no blood on the bikini or tears, according to the defense

Don't know if this was covered while I was sleeping, but per Lauren S., as well as Unmasked (who was in the courtroom yesterday), there were 3 scratches on Barry's left upper arm/shoulder area, and they were parallel.

Fingernail scratches are pretty distinctive.

We had a case here, Alison Baden Clay, murdered by her husband ... he had three fingernail scratches on his face. He tried to pass them off as razor scratches. (Also grew a beard to try to cover them.) But they had a doctor testify to the high likelihood that they were fingernail scratches, due to the distinctive pattern of a fingernail scratch.

IIRC the three longest fingers are most likely to cause the scratches (hence them being parallel), the scratches tend to be the width of the fingernail tip (pretty consistent width) and occur most often when a woman scratches a man - as a woman typically has longer fingernails (although men have been known to scratch a victim's neck during strangulation).

Often light bruising can also run the length of the scratches.

Sometimes the scratches can be a parallel crescent shape (due to the curling of the fingers).
And the scratches tend to be surface scratches, and not deeper ones caused by a pointy stick or branch, or wider scrapes like a razor blade might do.

They can also indicate the position the victim was in, due to the placement of the scratches.

Baden-Clay trial: scratches looked like fingernail marks, doctor says

Last edited:
Listening to one of the other channels recapping the PH and they make an excellent point:

The defense asserted that the bikini hanging in the closet was the bikini that SM was wearing. But the selfie photo of SM sunbathing does not show what she was actually wearing. Her hair covers any straps which might normally have been visible. For all we knew she could have been topless or wearing a boob tube.

Therefore it is the defense implying a connection that is not proven at all. The witness on the stand said they could not identify the bikini as there was a BASKET FULL of swimsuits in the closet. Only the defense was asserting that the 'undamaged' bikini mentioned was the one that Suzanne was wearing that Saturday afternoon.

There was also another moment where the defense was being sneaky and underhanded IMO. Defense talked about how SM had a drawer full of medications/drugs. *Gasp* Most likely to bolster their spiteful narrative that SM was a drug addict.

Luckily the prosecution pointed out that by "drawer full of drugs", they were actually referring to just TWO bottles of prescription medications. Hydrocodone and antidepressants.

Hardly evidence of drug abuse, but the defense already knew that.

Boy, this one really takes the cake!!! Whoever said he has an answer for everything, was 125% correct!

Smh...
He may think he has an answer for everything but that doesn’t mean anyone is buying them. We’ve just heard a few of the zingers he’s told. I bet taken in totality they provide a very telling picture of who BM really is and how his mind works. And I bet that picture is not pretty. IMO if we can see it, a jury will be able to see it, too.

And to be even more crass, for those who may not understand, a "sniff test" would tell. No woman would put any kind of swimming costume away unwashed.
I disagree. Everyone’s laundry habits are different. Suzanne have sunned herself for an hour in the 60ish degree weather, came in, folded her suit up and put it away. No big deal.

Listening to one of the other channels recapping the PH and they make an excellent point:

The defense asserted that the bikini hanging in the closet was the bikini that SM was wearing. But the selfie photo of SM sunbathing does not show what she was actually wearing. Her hair covers any straps which might normally have been visible. For all we knew she could have been topless or wearing a boob tube.

Therefore it is the defense implying a connection that is not proven at all. The witness on the stand said they could not identify the bikini as there was a BASKET FULL of swimsuits in the closet. Only the defense was asserting that the 'undamaged' bikini mentioned was the one that Suzanne was wearing that Saturday afternoon.

There was also another moment where the defense was being sneaky and underhanded IMO. Defense talked about how SM had a drawer full of medications/drugs. *Gasp* Most likely to bolster their spiteful narrative that SM was a drug addict.

Luckily the prosecution pointed out that by "drawer full of drugs", they were actually referring to just TWO bottles of prescription medications. Hydrocodone and antidepressants.

Hardly evidence of drug abuse, but the defense already knew that.
Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
The bikini wasn't collected as evidence. In the photo of #SuzanneMorphew sunbathing, you can only see a small portion of the bikini strap so can't tell if it had been torn or any of the photos from the closet, according to the undersheriff.
——-
I’m not sure what strategy the defense is using except that the suit was fine so he didn’t kill her while she was wearing it?

I’d like to know how long she had the entire MBR closet?

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
#SuzanneMorphew SPY PEN: Found in the master bedroom closet that was all female clothes. It was found in a box of bras. A picture of the pen was shown to Agent Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova