Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #76 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again to all who posted tweets and updates yesterday and for your amazing posts. I have to say, I'm much more impressed with Prosecution yesterday, than two weeks ago. I read somebody's post that today will be the dessert. I'm there with you. I'm eagerly awaiting what will come out today.
On another thought, I lol'd more yesterday than I should have. Barry is outrageous. He does have an answer for everything, just not the right ones. Thank you ahead for all who will be posting tweets today. I'm anxious to hear from @NoSI when she is ready!

Last edited:
When Barry left the house on Mother’s Day morning, he went left instead of right. He claimed he was following elk, but he just so happened to pass the spot where the helmet was dumped.

He explained the tranquilizer stuff, by claiming he shot deer in April and sawed their antlers off (as one does apparently). That seems more than a little illegal to me.

The very clothes he was wearing the afternoon of the alleged murder were found in the dryer (he likely washed and dried his clothes along with the syringe cap).

Photographs were taken a Barry a few days after Suzanne’s disappearance, and alleged fingernail scratches were observed on his upper arm.

A bike expert testified that the bike was “ghost ridden,” meaning it was pushed into that ravine and not ridden.

The door on the master bedroom was cracked, potentially indicating forced entry. Suzanne’s journal was missing, and may have been burned in the fireplace.

Barry made a number of incredibly bizarre and incriminating statements to investigators even asking for immunity if he “opened up his life to them.”

He spoke of Suzanne in the past tense multiple times, and (I’m crying laughing as I write this) accused a man named “CBD Tim” of involvement.

He claimed that they ate steak for dinner on Saturday night, and explained the lone plate in the dishwasher by saying that they shared it.

I’m sure I missed a lot, but that’s what I have from memory.
Excellent summation.

Also, some clarification if anyone can help? So, he turned left because he saw evidence of Elk? For real? Like this is after he knew his wife was MISSING and he decided to take a detour to go on a safari? Is this correct?

I wonder if the MBR had 2 closets. Looks like 2 doors in these pics, but one could lead out of the room I guess.

Also, I just realized that the MBR is on the ground floor. I think some of us have been picturing a a scenario of SM having to run upstairs to escape if being chased.

I googled PP home and found this. It’s funny that it’s on Compass dot com. Probably coincidence? that SM opened a management fund with company called Compass. Just struck me., same name.

19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81242 | Compass

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
The bikini wasn't collected as evidence. In the photo of #SuzanneMorphew sunbathing, you can only see a small portion of the bikini strap so can't tell if it had been torn or any of the photos from the closet, according to the undersheriff.
——-
I’m not sure what strategy the defense is using except that the suit was fine so he didn’t kill her while she was wearing it?

I’d like to know how long she had the entire MBR closet?

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
#SuzanneMorphew SPY PEN: Found in the master bedroom closet that was all female clothes. It was found in a box of bras. A picture of the pen was shown to Agent Graham.
Agree, hard to draw any conclusions. She could have mismatched the top and bottom, or was wearing shorts and a bathing suit top. It appears that she made it back into the house after the selfie photo and had time to change clothes. I’ve removed tranquilizer dart on the side patio from my bingo card.

Also, some clarification if anyone can help? So, he turned left because he saw evidence of Elk? For real? Like this is after he knew his wife was MISSING and he decided to take a detour to go on a safari? Is this correct?
This was in the early morning hours of Sunday when he was going to Broomfield. He turned and drove the opposite direction of Broomfield towards where the bike helmet was later found. His excuse for going that way and then turning around is that he was “ following some elk”.
I think the Undersheriff totally debunked that idea.

MOO

@CarolAMcKinley
…end of the day, #BarryMorphew’s leg is shaking and his back tenses. He takes every chance he can to smile at his girls, watching them as they leave the courtroom before he gets his papers to exit the room. They lower their masks to smile back. ABC2020

8:22 PM · Aug 23, 2021

So glad to read that BM's leg was shaking. That testimony from Agent Grusing at the end really got to him. :D

Last night a courtroom observer did confirm that she heard Barry was supposed to pick up Morgan at 5:30 pm to go to Broomfield. Morgan did say that she believed she heard Barry’s truck outside her home in the early morning hours before dawn. I think Barry had already disposed of Suzanne, and was still working through his alibi. He must have thought it might look bad to be alone with Morgan in Broomfield with a missing wife. He wasn’t going to drive back to PP with her, and what would she be doing during his trash dumps. So he didn’t stop to pick her up, just kept on going. By 11 am he made more alibi decisions and gave her a call.

Two things…even if he ends up being completely innocent (which in my opinion he is not,) he is the most pompous, disgusting man ever. Just gross. Total loser. Those poor girls. All JMO of course. Also, what’s with the bullet?

I think this fool really did shoot wildlife from the house windows. It was probably there from one of those times. I personally don't think BM shot and killed SM with a gun. A 22 would be a odd choice to murder someone with as well. IMO

Some speculation on the real reason for keeping the AA sealed:

Suzanne's reason for getting the spy pen was allegedly to capture audio evidence of Barry having an affair. Suzanne also texted Barry "I could care less about what you’ve been up to for years." Same text where she said they need to work this out civilly.

Barry adamantly shunned all video interviews and didn't even want his audio interviews with Lauren recorded. Leaving many with the impression he was trying hard to avoid being recognized.

Which leaves me to seriously ponder if in fact Suzanne was correct, and Barry did engage in extra-marital activity over the years but (trying to be delicate here) it was the kind of activity that would be considered shameful to the family/the family's faith, and very upsetting to the girls. Maybe investigators uncovered evidence of this, and maybe it's in the AA, and maybe that's why it's sealed.

A lot of maybes, but I don't think any of us have heard yet, compelling evidence to seal that AA, have we?
I mean Suzanne's affair caught everyone off guard but I don't think that's a good enough reason to keep the AA sealed.

All jmo & speculation, etc.

I also don't think SM's affair was the reason the AA has remained sealed to date.

One of the first questions investigators ask when a spouse is missing or murdered of the other spouse - how was your marriage? any affairs? It's so standard and dare I say common in these cases, at least when I listen to my Dateline podcasts. IMO

Some speculation on the real reason for keeping the AA sealed:

Suzanne's reason for getting the spy pen was allegedly to capture audio evidence of Barry having an affair. Suzanne also texted Barry "I could care less about what you’ve been up to for years." Same text where she said they need to work this out civilly.

Barry adamantly shunned all video interviews and didn't even want his audio interviews with Lauren recorded. Leaving many with the impression he was trying hard to avoid being recognized.

Which leaves me to seriously ponder if in fact Suzanne was correct, and Barry did engage in extra-marital activity over the years but (trying to be delicate here) it was the kind of activity that would be considered shameful to the family/the family's faith, and very upsetting to the girls. Maybe investigators uncovered evidence of this, and maybe it's in the AA, and maybe that's why it's sealed.

A lot of maybes, but I don't think any of us have heard yet, compelling evidence to seal that AA, have we?
I mean Suzanne's affair caught everyone off guard but I don't think that's a good enough reason to keep the AA sealed.

All jmo & speculation, etc.

This has crossed my thoughts. I've wondered as well if these activities were paid activities and BM does not want anyone saying, "Hey, I know him from..." and then calling the Daily Mail.

I have no doubt BM will be held over for trial. Those expensive attorneys he hired are very good and they can poke holes in one or two of the many strange things he did Saturday night/Sunday, but when you add all of these behaviours up, the totality is just too much to write off - BM is guilty as charged! JMO.

Good morning all. Looking forward to Day 4 of the preliminary hearing.

Unfortunately, I have to work part of the day today and won’t be able to post Lauren’s tweets from the hearing.

Didn't they say that SO was testifying in the prelim? I swear I thought she was...hope she is. I also agree I don't think we've heard the evidence that kept the AA sealed but I wasn't able to read everything from yesterday yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina