Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8
Thread #9

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney

Her fb page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1141246651

Thread #10
Thread #11

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Tricia wants members to know that she feels very badly that anyone was upset by the thread specific decision she made yesterday to allow discussion of the rumors in this case. She will revisit this matter as the situation warrants.

The Sheriff has specifically stated that Suzanne’s body was not found and Barry has not been arrested. Accordingly, Tricia has reversed the decision to allow discussion of any of the three rumors, specifically that:

- Suzanne’s body was found
- there is a mistress involved
- that Barry was arrested

Do not discuss those rumors.

Do NOT sleuth BM and his businesses and post your findings or questions about his background or businesses on this public thread.

Unless he is named a POI/suspect by LE members may NOT sleuth him; members may ONLY speculate and discuss what has been contained in MSM.

The thread is open once again for members to discuss the case details within the regular WS parameters (i.e. as we believe them to be factual via MSM and LE).

Thank you.

This post falls at random:

Some gentle advice.....
If your post states:
“I remember reading that _____”
OR “Didn’t somebody say that ______”
OR “I don’t have a source but I saw somewhere that _____”
OR anything in that vein, you are posting a potential runaway rumor if it does not have a link to the info in MSM.

Runaway rumors are tough to stop, and often require a thread shutdown to clean up.
I know NO ONE ever intends that with what seems to be innocent questions, but once those words are printed here they can take on a life of their own.
Please consider carefully what you write. You can ask some of these questions in PMs that will remain off the board and not cause a proliferation of mistaken info taking over the thread.

THANKS from me - I really appreciate your efforts!

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Maybe there was no trail to the bike. If Suzanne had skidded (is that a word?) off the road there would likely be tire tracks veering off the edge in the dirt or gravel, and disturbed vegetation and dirt on the hillside, depending on how far down it careered and came to land. As well as disturbance around the bike like her footprints and other marks if she clambered away from it. Maybe it looked like it was thrown there from above, with no rider on it. Perhaps they've used a blood detection hound and there was no blood. Maybe that's why they ruled out a cat, if there was no sign of her having been with the bike where it was.

MOO

I've said this before but I feel like it's worth saying again: the fact that LE (read, the FBI) dug up a home construction site where Barry had laid dirt tells you that LE has decided it's Barry. I guess it's possible they did that search/dig on the basis of a bad tip, but I don't think that's very likely. I think they've concluded that it's Barry, and I think that if they've concluded it's Barry, discussion of the bike is a little moot. If it was Barry, the bike is obviously staging. JMO.
I was thinking about why LE did the dig at the home and perhaps LE moved precipitously because if they had waited, the house would have been built over that foundation and it would have been much harder to dig up that slab. Maybe they were looking for a connection to someone who hauled the dirt or spread the dirt and that may not have been Barry. MOO MOO MOO

I’m really just typing some thoughts that have entered my head since there’s very little to go on, that we know of at this point.
1) Maybe the cement dig/sift wasn’t to find SM but to locate something that was missing. A weapon? A personal article that should have been at the house but wasn’t?
2) And maybe the reason authorities reacted so quickly to a phone call alerting to a missing adult of a few hours was because they’d been alerted to danger in the past. Maybe there was a previous report of a threat. Maybe there was a paper trail from someone unseemly and LE already knew what could have happened.
3) If we don’t know who was actually living in the house on mother’s Day, maybe that’s why BM doesn’t seem to know who last saw SM. It could also open up possibilities of others being in the home (a handyman, a plumber, etc) and no one may know.
Ultimately I’m reaching for reasonable doubt at this point. Because I’m still hoping SM is missing by choice (doubtful as an apparently plugged in mother) or for a way she is alive somehow. If she isn’t alive, for the kids sake, I really hope it wasn’t BM. Even though I know the odds. And yes, why would a rival/handyman/delivery person cause harm and then grab a bike to stage before disposal? Only those who knew about a possible routine would do that. Still hoping though, that is possible. Someone maybe bragging at how tough SM was to beat cancer and still go bike riding every Sunday to the wrong person?

Oh my gosh this got me wondering if BM would do the same thing as Fotis Dulos did if he knew his arrest was imminent and he would have to stand trial and possibly spend the rest of his life in jail? If he really has control issues maybe he would choose to take his secret to the grave?
That thought has occurred to me, though I've not voiced it before.

Yes you are right I meant 225 County road. But that is because I see the 225 as a continuation of the trail in either direction. If you are coming from the west past the dam, you have to take the 225 and cross Highway 50 to continue the trail. (And vice versa).

JMO
I believe you are correct that the road itself becomes part of the biking trail. That has been what was so confusing to me when we saw the latest interview. Its hard to tell where the bicycle trail even is. I think the road they were standing on is part of the biking/hiking trail at least for some parts of the trail.

I wish we could get a local bicyclist to do a Go Pro riding down the same path that we think SM would have taken. It gets confusing trying to understand where she would have been riding.

When the youtuber showed us the bend in the road with his theory on not making the sharp corner, I am not sure that is even the same section of road where BM pointed to? The angle of the camera with him and BM was up on top of a raod that looked straight and he walked down a bit and pointed off the road. There was no sharp turn intersecting other road that I could see.
And when we see the other video where there was that sharp corner, I cant tell if that was even the same place BM pointed to.

Its all so confusing because of not knowing where there is a bicycle trail.

Maybe there was no trail to the bike. If Suzanne had skidded (is that a word?) off the road there would likely be tire tracks veering off the edge in the dirt or gravel, and disturbed vegetation and dirt on the hillside, depending on how far down it careered and came to land. As well as disturbance around the bike like her footprints and other marks if she clambered away from it. Maybe it looked like it was thrown there from above, with no rider on it. Perhaps they've used a blood detection hound and there was no blood. Maybe that's why they ruled out a cat, if there was no sign of her having been with the bike where it was.

MOO
There was NO bike ride that day. Red herring. IMO

It's natural to want to "know" who each of these people are, especially BM, and it's even easier to imbue someone we don't know, but just see in photos, in a video, with all kinds of qualities and traits that may not fit who they actually are.

<modsnip>

----------------------

At the end of the day, 'we' don't know BM, and we don't know what evidence has been gathered so far; BM is still mostly a blank slate to case followers and projecting onto a blank slate is highly enticing.

LE is investigating him as a potential suspect in his wife's disappearance, and that is reasonable since intimate partners are often involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I would recap what we know - In processhttps://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/co-suzanne-morphew-49-chaffee-county-10-may-2020-media-maps-timeline-no-discussion.521590/
5/10 -911 called (neighbor) after getting a call that SM did not come back from the bike ride. LE arrives to search
5/11 - search resumed early morning hours - cell phone? Sheriff replied no comment
5/12- search continues - no volunteers requested
5/13 - 100K reward announced, FB set up by TN, fundraising set up for private searching by TN
5/13 - Sheriff - open criminal investigation, probability of animal attack not very high
no comment, FBI and CBI joined in search
5/14 - husband comments -Mr. Morphew said “at this point it’s simply too soon”.
5/14-Reward doubled to 200K (friend)
TN tells reporter bik0e has been found
5/15 - personal item located per sheriff (not identified) highway closed for LE search, family says that the personal item is not the bike, TN gives interview
5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
In process - so far this is on the first two pages of the media thread. working on a timeline.
5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12
5/19- family home searched (corrected to cordoned off)
5/20-Dailymail breaks story with pics of family home search and items removed - search warrant sealed
5/20 - Local fire dept excluded from search per Chief interview
5/21 - nobody actually saw her on a bike
5/22 - residential private property searched -owner cooperating reported as a job site for BM. CCSO confirm nothing found related to SM
5/23- CCSO no new updates
5/24 - fundraising page lists BM's mother as beneficiary
5/24 - CCSO search of private property completed. CCSO believes someone has a "key piece of information"
5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
5/26 - family private reward increased by $10K to $210,000
5/27 - Crimeonline reports "angst" at move
5/28 - SM family told not to comment per Lauren Scharf
5/29 - SM hometown shows support
6/1 - Video released of BM (alleged secret recording) SEE IT: Husband of missing Colorado woman Suzanne Morphew shares details of wife’s disappearance in secret recording, suggesting she may have been kidnapped [VIDEO]

Last edited:
Just wondering, respectfully Kay but do you know BM ? I’m just confused by the attempts to prop him up & negate what most of us are looking at here. I’d like for him to be innocent and SM to be alive and well almost a month later of course but it seems you see or know a different dude than the rest of us?
Great thing about WS's, is that we are free to voice our opinions and that might include, not having the same opinions as everyone else. Maybe we're just looking at the "evidence" differently than you. You can always agree to disagree with us.

There was NO bike ride that day. Red herring. IMO
I agree no bike ride. If she was going to spend Mother’s Day with her girls as BM says I believe she would have been hanging around the house tidying up and getting ready before her girls got there, perhaps doing a little grocery shopping, making some snacks for the girls things of that nature not going on a sweaty mountain bike ride knowing they were coming. I think she was killed the night before Mother’s Day or very early that morning due to an altercation between her and BM. He planted the bike and personal belonging without being seen either riding or walking it in his biking apparel, backpack, helmet, sunglasses etc as not to be noticed, brakes were either already messed up before he left or he messed them up after he got there with tools in his backpack then walked back home. The bike was located not far from the house. I think he hid her body in a remote area on the way to Denver then drove back home Mother’s Day Eve. I think it was a crime of passion not planned.

JMO MOO

Last edited:
I agree no bike ride. If she was going to spend Mother’s Day with her girls as BM says I believe she would have been hanging around the house tidying up and getting ready before her girls got there, perhaps doing a little grocery shopping, making some snacks for the girls things of that nature not going on a sweaty mountain bike ride knowing they were coming. I think she was killed the night before Mother’s Day or very early that morning due to an altercation between her and BM. He planted the bike and personal belonging without being seen either riding or walking it in his biking apparel, backpack, helmet, sunglasses etc as not to be noticed, brakes were either already messed up before he left or he messed them up after he got there with tools in his backpack then walked back home. The bike was located not far from the house. I think he hid her body in a remote area on the way to Denver then drove back home Mother’s Day Eve. I think it was a crime of passion not planned.

JMO MOO
BBM
If he transported her deceased body in his car wouldn't the scent have been picked up by cadaver dogs?

Just thought I would recap what we know - In processhttps://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/co-suzanne-morphew-49-chaffee-county-10-may-2020-media-maps-timeline-no-discussion.521590/
5/10 -911 called (neighbor) after getting a call that SM did not come back from the bike ride. LE arrives to search
5/11 - search resumed early morning hours - cell phone? Sheriff replied no comment
5/12- search continues - no volunteers requested
5/13 - 100K reward announced, FB set up by TN, fundraising set up for private searching by TN
5/13 - Sheriff - open criminal investigation, probability of animal attack not very high
no comment, FBI and CBI joined in search
5/14 - husband comments -Mr. Morphew said “at this point it’s simply too soon”.
5/14-Reward doubled to 200K (friend)
TN tells reporter bik0e has been found
5/15 - personal item located per sheriff (not identified) highway closed for LE search, family says that the personal item is not the bike, TN gives interview
5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
In process - so far this is on the first two pages of the media thread. working on a timeline.
5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12
5/19- family home searched (corrected to cordoned off)
5/20-Dailymail breaks story with pics of family home search and items removed - search warrant sealed
5/20 - Local fire dept excluded from search per Chief interview
5/21 - nobody actually saw her on a bike
5/22 - residential private property searched -owner cooperating reported as a job site for BM. CCSO confirm nothing found related to SM
5/23- CCSO no new updates
5/24 - fundraising page lists BM's mother as beneficiary
5/24 - CCSO search of private property completed. CCSO believes someone has a "key piece of information"
5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
5/26 - family private reward increased by $10K to $210,000
5/27 - Crimeonline reports "angst" at move
5/28 - SM family told not to comment per Lauren Scharf
5/29 - SM hometown shows support
6/1 - Video released of BM (alleged secret recording) SEE IT: Husband of missing Colorado woman Suzanne Morphew shares details of wife’s disappearance in secret recording, suggesting she may have been kidnapped [VIDEO]
Thanks for putting that together, oviedo. Do we know, yet, when BM left for Denver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3